“Shintah Wedding”

Merritt, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Shintah Wedding”
Reviewed October 29, 2011

Such a great plcae to get married, the service was great, the chapel was beautiful and the Co-ordinators were just amazing! I highly recommend to get married at The Princess Wedding Chapel!!!
Thank you so very much for our perfect day!

Visited October 2011
4 Thank cshintah

illinios
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“wedding nightmare”
Reviewed November 14, 2009

this was suposed to be my fairytale wedding, i chose the princess wedding chapel and booked our rooms at the IP. biggest mistake ever!
the wedding planner was so nice and helpful over the phone so I was confident about everything
.That all changed once we arrived in Las Vegas.
We were told we could choose the background for our wedding. NOT TRUE.
We were told that we could choose from their selection of music for our first dance, NOT TRUE so we gave them 2 songs we liked they never got back with us on if they were available I asked again on our wedding day and we ended up with a song i had never heard the minister actually announce it as our last dance.
We were lead to believe the toast was part of the ceremony to be included in dvd (NOT TRUE) we recived our sparkling cider and broken glasses in a bag as if it was a party favor.
We were mislead on how many photos we were getting in our wedding package and now know why no one was allowed to take pic, the photographers packages were very expensive. we were not told we would have to choose pics right after the wedding while guests sat thru all pic taking and then viewing.
We did not recieve the runner or flower petals.
The wedding planner was aware that my parents are deceased and reminded of that when we arrived in Vegas and met in person she asked when my parents would be arriving and had me in tears. then on my wedding day the photographer kept asking for my mom in the brides room for pic, again i announced that my parents were not coming they were dead...it was very hard for me to get married without my mom and dad and they made it harder, he then had the groom's mom stand up with me saying oh I thought she was your mom.
The wedding planner would not let the best man and maid of honor sign our chapel certificate as it had to be ledgible she then proceeded to put the groom down as a witness, so our certificate is full of white out.
The wedding planner made an appointment for myself and my made of honor at the salon inside the IP for hair updo and makeup before the wedding, this cost $250.00 and i felt that was high but decided we should be pampered on my wedding day...we were then charged an extra $112.00 because we didnt get a basic updo ( i guess anything more than a ponytail costs extra) needless to say my maid of honor had to redo both her and my hair before the wedding, my tiarra fell out and so did curls before i even got off the elevator.
We complained at the desk at the Imperial Palace because we were getting no where at the chapel, they set up an appointment with the manager for the next day...it was the same lady we had spoken to right after the wedding...they did nothing to compensate us for our ruined wedding..
PLEASE do NOT use this chapel... make sure your day is full of happy memories!
we are planning to renew our vows and make new wedding memories, but it still cannot erase what happened to us in Vegas.
or fix all the extra money we spent covering all the hidden fees...

7 Thank karilu67
home
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Nightmare wedding”
Reviewed April 26, 2008

I had a contract to receieve certain amenities at my wedding:
one hour limo
photographer
engraved champagne glasses
24 color photos and negatives....
and many other things.
The staff.... Renee.... and the wedding chappel then nickle and dimed us during our whole event. We were allowed the one hour limo..... but the driver cost more..... we could have the photographer..... but in order for him to take photos..... it cost more..... the champagne glasses were not engraved (you guessed it - that costs extra)
and the photos....... I still haven't seen!! but they say they will send me a CD with the photos on it..... but not the pictures they promised...... its either or..... not both....

They took what should have been a beautiful event in my life and ruined it by [-] us over at every chance.....GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.....

3 Thank ten99079
Rockville, Maryland
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“The Good, The Bad and The Ugly”
Reviewed August 25, 2007

bI chose the Princess Diana package in the middle of August, 2007 and I was looking for something nice but with a measured amount of classic Vegas cheese--or else why go to Vegas?!

The Good: The chapel really is as pretty as it appears on the internet. It is a reasonable size with higher ceilings than most of the places I looked at--this allows it to have better lighting and look airy and more upscale. The prices are quite reasonable, the staff (once you're there) is very helpful and nice and the photographer and minister were terrific. The murals provide the perfect Vegas cheese without being tacky--funny, not frightening! The limo was clean and did not smell like fake cherries (or worse) and the driver was on-time, very nice and professional. The gorgeous flowers were exactly what I hoped for (even an odd color choice was found for me) and lasted, without water for several days. The thoughtful and beautiful ceremony was not rushed and everyone had a lovely time.

The Bad and the Ugly: The hotel is bad. Really Bad--but just ignore it and move along. Remember, that's not why you're there!

We reserved the chapel from 6-630PM on a Saturday. Even though all18 of us arrived at the chapel 45 mins before the ceremony (as they insisted), the two weddings before ours were running late. The four o'clock had not shown until 5pm and the 5pm, not until 530. So the girls waited in a side chapel and the boys waited in the run-down casino/bar. Our ceremony did not begin until 7pm. The photographer came into the odd little bridal chamber (dark, with plain white walls, gold furniture and plastic flowers) around 6:45 and began to take a bunch of photos. While very nice, he *was* rushed and the process was a bit crazy. "Mother, father, now together, maid-of-honor, bend here, turn here, chin down, and done!" He took some pics of the guys and then quite a few during the ceremony and more afterwards, with all of our family and friends watching--a total of 227 shots! I thought they were all going to be 100% cheese, but many of them turned out to be beautiful. Unfortunately, what the other reviewers said is true; you only get photos if you stick with your package. Otherwise, the "rights" to the number of pics you want are ~17.50 per shot on a CD with no actual photos. The ceremony DVD is okay, but the beginning is WAY long and then they cut off the end without our bridal party even walking out. The DVD cheese factor is very high.

We were supposed to review the pics with our family and friends and get our package extras after the ceremony. The said we should have given them an extra hour after the ceremony to complete this, but no one told me that. Besides, by now it was already 7:30PM and we had dinner reservations at 7:45PM. Our contract clearly states: Chapel 6:00 to 6:30pm. THEY were the ones who were an HOUR behind... We absolutely had to leave without viewing our pics or finishing the package deal extras or else we would lose our reception reservations. They made absolutely no apologies or program concessions for our inconvenience. My bridal "coordinator"--and I use that term loosely, although she *did* find the right flowers--said that our only option would be to come back the next day at 2PM. Not earlier, not later. Only at 2PM on Sunday. On the last day of our vacation, without all of our family and friends and with so much to see and do in Vegas... Unbelievable! What a thing to do to newlyweds.

Two people from our wedding left the chapel at 7:30 to save our dinner plans, and the rest of us ran for cabs and the limo at 7:45. My "coordinator" had not told the driver that he was taking us to the restaurant and not back to the hotel--so he didn't know where he was going. While he spoke English fairly well, it was difficult to guide him around in an unfamiliar town. The restaurant was kind enough to wait for us, but our friends told us they would have given our tables away in 5 more minutes.

The next day, after another $15 cab ride, we slogged back to the chapel. The 2PM photography folks were not ready. My coordinator handed me an envelope to tip the photographer and I had to explain that I had already tipped the minister, photographer, and limo driver yesterday, in cash, as outlined in our contract. I expressed my displeasure at having to return and listed the things that went wrong as well as what went well. She apologized, said that they never intend to make people unhappy, but said that they had given us exactly what they had promised and that the ceremony was perfect and we had not been rushed. All true, except that we had to spread out what was promised to us in 1 hour over two days, extra cab rides, inconvenient & extra time spent, and added stresses on an already stressful day. All had not gone smoothly. They should have told the very late 4PM wedding that they would have to reschedule or else all of the following weddings would be delayed. Or perhaps that was just a convenient lie because the chapel had overbooked. Impossible to tell. I asked her if the chapel would be willing to reimburse us for our time and inconvenience (and extra r/t $30 cab fare spent) by allowing us to have the rights to 10 more pictures. She said that they are completely unrelated and there is no connection between their fees and services and the photographer's.

Then the pictures were ready to be reviewed. The music was TERRIBLE, but the photos had turned out beautifully and it was clear that the photographer had done an awesome job of capturing the whole experience. You have to choose your shots from memory using little thumbnails as reminders. The girls will show you a larger view of each thumbnail, but it is a slow, tedious process--especially with so many to choose from. While we didn't buy all 227 shots, we did get many more above our package and opted for the CD w/ rights rather than the actual photos. The awful music wasn't included--even better!

I’m sure my family and friends would like to have chosen even more and that would have certainly been better for the poor photographer who had worked so hard for us!

So, ~30 mins later after forking over more money to the photography side of the Princess Experience, I asked my coordinator if they could refund $100 of the chapel fees for our inconvenience and to defray our photo costs. She said she didn't know how they would do that; they had provided what was promised. My request was not excessive, $100 is not a lot of money, but the principle of bad service remains. I outlined to problems again. This went nowhere. After explaining again, she left us and went to "talk" to someone. When she returned, she said that the photographer's studio had agreed to give us 10 more shots for free. I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT! Hadn't she just told me that they were unrelated?! The shots were great and the service was perfect--why would I want the photographer to shoulder a refund that had not been his responsibility?! Besides, we had already chosen and paid for the shots that we wanted. This smacked of a scam to me.

By then, I had heard enough, was ready to leave and continue my vacation without spending another futile minute in the decrepit Greek Isles Hotel talking to a woman who obviously didn't care enough about quality, service and customer satisfaction. I am happy to pay for what I agreed to, especially since it was very reasonably priced and most of our event was quite nice, but the principle of 1) being delayed for an hour, 2) leaving without viewing and choosing photos with our families, 3) having to come back the next day, 4) the added stresses and organizational mess of THEIR scheduling mishap... Some form of refund is in order. More than a week later, I'm still really mad.

So, The Princess Wedding Chapel is an excellent example of "You Get What You Pay For" in action. Plan for a 30-minute ceremony to take four hours and you'll be blissfully happy. YOU also have to keep up with your "coordinator" because they won't call you to ask you about your flowers or any of the other arrangements. It's all up to you and your trust in something sight-unseen in Vegas!

BTW, the glasses you get are really cute with "The Princess Wedding Chapel" printed on them, but skip the champagne. It's so cheap and nasty it'll only give you a headache. And why do you need a garter AFTER the wedding or, really, through the chapel at all? Yucky. I gave both back, but kept the glasses!

Vegas is great and you should check out Le Rev at the Wynn. Incredible and worth every penny, twice!

8 Thank JillyJill
California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Our Las Vegas wedding dream come true”
Reviewed August 2, 2007

If you Â’re looking for a beautiful location to host your nuptials, you will find it at the Princess Wedding Chapel, so search no further. It was truly a fairy tale wedding. You can't go wrong!

7 Thank Simud