“Ambience and Steak”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Strip
Description: Steaks are the star at Chef David Walzog’s Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Award-winning SW Steakhouse. Think A5 Japanese Wagyu, dry-aged tomahawk chops and a chile-rubbed double rib eye, featured on Food Network’s “Best Thing I Ever Ate.” Main courses like pan roasted sea scallops with English pea risotto and black truffle sauce are crowd favorites, as is the prime view of the nightly shows on the Lake of Dreams.
Reviewed September 19, 2019 via mobile

Usually one of my go to steakhouse in Vegas when friends visit us.

I highly recommend you make reservations. The restaurant requires for no sport attire- rubber shoes or t shirt- they remind you on reservation and on online reservation BUT MY RECENT VISIT- their standards have gone done- they let groups of tourist in with tennis shoes, shorts, and t shirt- not just one table but multiple tables.

If like great service and ambience, this the place. Steak are excellent as usual. Later in the evening, the lake has a show usually every 30 minutes. Must get the hash brown pie for side dish. Make room for dessert.

2  Thank rollytmd
Write a reviewReviews (2,141)

Reviewed September 19, 2019 via mobile

Okay ; not great, went to celebrate my birthday , they seat us in the back , even when they have tables available in front or looking the the terrace, we order the oysters , vegetarian soup , and crab cake , Fabulous, the issue is that the steak was no that good , we both ordered for mains , I had the veal chop I give it a 6 from 1 to 10 my guest ordered the Rye B , it came RARE wen he asked for medium rare .. I saw ppl on T-shirt and sneakers not a good look when you dress up.. ( money can’t buy you class ) service was impecable.. very knowledge waiter ... overall just ok ..

3  Thank Artigasboy
Reviewed September 18, 2019

I ate at SW last week and we managed to get a table on the terrace which I'd definitely recommend. Service and ambience were both great and we enjoyed the steaks but I found it a little difficult to justify the cost. The wine list is extensive but also very expensive, in general you'll struggle to find a bottle under $100. I love wine so decided to splash out on a Paul Hobbs Napa Cab which was excellent. We paid $250 a head for 1 course + a bottle of wine between us. If money is no object, definitely give this place a try. If you're on a budget, look elsewhere.

2  Thank jtwitchett
Reviewed September 10, 2019 via mobile

I’m sure other menu items are delicious for entrees, but we have eaten here a dozen times and always order steak. I had the boneless filet with bleu cheese (so good), and my husband had the bone-in ribeye. We had a side of au gratin potatoes and split the kale salad and the marshmallow rocky road for dessert. I did have to send my steak back to be cooked a bit longer. Always good pretzel bread and those scrumptious bacon muffin/rolls! Excellent, and we’ll be back.

2  Thank 262StephanieP
Reviewed September 10, 2019

We were staying at Aria so decided to try their steakhouse. I will say the filet is probably one of the best i’ve ever had. Cooked perfectly and nelted in my mouth. The smashed potatoes were good but we were disappointed with the spinach. It was tough, like maybe not cooked long enough. Ambiance was lacking for a restaurant that expensive. We will return to the Wynn steakhouse next year.

2  Thank LINDAGAlabaster