“wacky show and great dinner”
Review of SW Steakhouse

SW Steakhouse
Ranked #137 of 5,346 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Strip
Description: Steaks are the star at Chef David Walzog’s Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Award-winning SW Steakhouse. Think A5 Japanese Wagyu, dry-aged tomahawk chops and a chile-rubbed double rib eye, featured on Food Network’s “Best Thing I Ever Ate.” Main courses like pan roasted sea scallops with English pea risotto and black truffle sauce are crowd favorites, as is the prime view of the nightly shows on the Lake of Dreams.
Reviewed July 3, 2019

Stayed at Wynn in April 2019 . Main reason to see Aerosmith.Wonderful hotel and dinner was both convenient and good. Even got a table for two outside to experience the "lake of dreams" . Nice diversion thoughout the night but it is abit odd compared to the classy bellagio fountains of wynn's previous property.Expected to pay prices so no surprises there.Get what you pay for.

Date of visit: April 2019
1  Thank disneydad4
Write a reviewReviews (2,141)

Reviewed June 30, 2019

My wife and I came here for a nice steak on our recent trip to Vegas. It was an excellent steak. Got the New York. Not sure how they did it, but had a very nice charcoaled outside, and wonderful medium rare in the center.
The restaurant had a great atmosphere, and was very full.
The sommelier was very helpful. Talked us through different wine options and recommended a great red wine for a reasonable price.

Unfortunately, our service was a bit sub-par. Perhaps just a bad night for the server, as mentioned it was a full house. But still, the evening is overshadowed by the service quality.

Given the options throughout Vegas, probably would check out some of the other steak house options before returning.

2  Thank Expat_Vacations
Reviewed June 29, 2019 via mobile

We had our wedding dinner here with 10 of our guests in the private room.
I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect dinner celebration. Service was amazing and food was world class, there was nothing to fault.
If anyone is looking for a small wedding dinner SW is perfect!

Date of visit: October 2018
2  Thank travelMis
Reviewed June 20, 2019

Allegedly SW is an a nearly unparalleled dining destination, however the reality is laughable at best. I made a reservation by calling Wynn directly, and was treated to their typically exceptional level of service over the phone. As a hotel, I've never gone wrong with Wynn Las Vegas. I mentioned this dinner was for an important birthday, and I was told that we would have a table beside the "Lake of Dreams" (sounds impressive anyway). We arrived exactly on time, and checked in with the clearly annoyed hostess, that directed us to the bar to wait for our table to be ready. We found the only two seats by the bar, where we finished our drinks in the 25 minutes it took for them prepare for us. The restaurant was probably the most crowded I've ever seen; hilarity ensued as the spectacle swirled around us. Never before had I the delight of so many botched cosmetic surgeries, ancient men trying to seduce their daughter's friends, and creepy guys with shirts unbuttoned nearly to their waists, desperate to impress anyone willing to give them attention. We were ready to walk out when we were finally approached for our seating, so as I stood up (reluctantly) some creeper that looked not unlike the Cheshire Cat slipped eerily into my chair behind me. He slid in so closely that I could feel the breath escape his enormous grin. More amused than disturbed at this point, we followed the hostess to our seat, which was against an interior wall and as far away from the fake lake as you could possibly be seated. Our server arrived and, famished, we ordered more drinks, salads, fillets, and sides. The server was actually pretty good, and we managed to make a few good jokes about the other patrons over the noise of the restaurant. This place is noisier, and probably has about the same level of ambiance as a Chic-Fil-A with six buses in the parking lot. The food was just average, and can easily be outdone by any Ruth's Chris or (better yet) Morton's on any night of the week. We barely finished half out meal, and were ready to leave, and an attendant quickly grabbed the plates and left. The waiter came back to inquire about dessert, and then promptly delivered the check when we told him we couldn't wait to leave. The icing on the cake (that we never got, as the whole birthday thing was never mentioned - thank God, honestly) was what we could see of the "lake" on the way out; it was a giant screen playing a karaoke video of Garth Brooks "Friends in Low places" - and they call this fine dining!? I had to laugh as I walked out; the joke was on me, and every other fool in the place that parted with their money that night. I replied to the nice email I received to confirm my reservation and related approximately the same story I've written here. I thought I'd either end up with a comped meal (because casinos never do that) or that I'd get some generic response about using my comments for training. I received the latter, and a bonus insult suggesting that I come back and "try again". Like every gamble in Vegas, the house always wins. Here at least the house wins with a good laugh at your expense too... well done Steve!

6  Thank ElCalvo1
Reviewed June 18, 2019 via mobile

We are coming to this restaurant since it opened. Every single time we had a great experience, superb food, service and ambiance
The quality of the food is simply great
High quality comes with its price but it is 150% worth it