“Amazing Service and Food”
Review of SW Steakhouse

SW Steakhouse
Ranked #62 of 4,869 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Beach Palace Cancun
“Amazing Service and Food”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

The place is great, food is perfectly presented and served, service impecable, and if you hace the chance to seat by the dreams lake, every 30 minutes you will enjoy a diferent performance on the lake.

Visited September 2013

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Wilmington, DE
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent but watch the wine list”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Food: Perfectly charred bone in rib eye to medium rare. The special lobster gnocchi with shaved truffle as decadently good. I do wish they did not chop the Caesar salad and the dressing could use more anchovy.
Service: Made a reservation just in case, but they had no problem with me changing to eat at the bar to watch the World Series. The bartenders were very attentive and amiable. He asked which version of Bombay I preferred in my martini. Also, when he noticed I was half way through my salad while watching the game, he mentioned that the entrée could be out soon and asked if I wanted to put a hold on it. Although I was a little surprised that the course spacing was so small at such a high end place, I appreciated he noticed and rectified it.
Beverage: Cocktails were done as ordered and competitively priced for Vegas. The wine list was a little off putting though. I had the featured red by the glass, which was better than expected for $16. Most of the glasses were $24+ and it was difficult to find a bottle of red for less than $100. That mark up is a little steep.
Overall excellent and it made my short list of steak houses to revisit.

• Visited October 2013
Excelsior, Minnesota
“Great service/atmosphere...OK food”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

First time at SW, because of a recommendation from our concierge at The Cosmopolitan. We were there for our anniversary, and they set us up with one of the best seats outside overlooking the water, with a great view of the waterfall/frog show (huge wall waterfall, where a giant frog inflates from behind the wall and sings a song - in our case it was "What a Wonderful World"...sounds cheesy, but it is actually very cool - and you'd only see something like this in Vegas!). Our waitstaff was fantastic - really what you would expect from a high-end steakhouse. If it wasn't for the staff, treatment, and atmosphere, I would have rated it lower due to the food. We're probably spoiled because we have one of the world's best steakhouses in our hometown, but the food at the SW was just OK. Nothing blew me away. I'd probably go back there one more time to see if our day was a fluke from the food standpoint - perhaps with a small group, because it seems to be a great place for that - and hope we had a better food experience. I've only been to a few other steakhouses in Vegas. Del Frisco's several times, and STK once, of the ones that stand out in memory. Both of those were far superior to SW on the food side of things, but I would probably try SW one more time over those simply due to the staff and atmosphere.

• Visited October 2013
San Antonio, Texas
“Wonderful steak”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Great service, extensive wine list but very pricy. Would definitely go back. Because of the beauty and the service makes it worthwhile.

Visited October 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Go to SW...get a reservation way in advance.”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

SW is probably one of the best steaks I've eaten. I'm from Dallas, where we have steakhouses on every corner. I've eaten at STK in NYC, which was excellent, but SW is really just that slight cut above. Make sure you get a reservation months in advance. The place is packed. Try to get a table with a good view of the lake outside, it's pretty cool for ambiance.

Visited October 2013