“Best Vegas Experience Ever”

Signature at MGM Grand
Ranked #12 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 14, 2010

We drive up to Vegas from LA about two times a year. We always have a room booked, but decided to try getting there and finding somewhere new. We checked at the MGM, but the Rodeo Fans were there, and my husband said we were looking for something in a suite. They suggested the Signature (their condo towers just behind the MGM). They called ahead to check availability and let them know we were coming. We were greeted at the gate and sent to check in. Luxury, top of the line treatment and an amazing room with a full balconey. The junior suite (their smallest room) was wonderful. Stainless and dark wood kitchenette (with a garbage disposal!). The two person jacuzzi was a treat -- but most of all the views of the strip and mountains were the best part. No smoking casino to walk through to get to our room, and the walk to the strip was easy. If we have to be in Vegas again, we'll definitely do the Signature again!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank HollyGPasadena_CA
Write a ReviewReviews (12,871)

Reviewed December 11, 2010

My wife and I had a junior suite for 3 days. First impressions were very good. The standard of housekeeping was really high and couldn't fault it. Nice and quiet and well away from casinos and the whole stale smokey atmosphere that goes with them. A bit too ritzy for my taste for this business trip but would be good for a honeymoon or some other event where you are trying to impress. On the negative side I really didn't like the valet only parking as I was coming and going several times each day with different business meetings so valet parking just got annoying (not to mention having to give multiple tips for a service I didn't really want). Another negative is the poor wifi signal in the room which frequently dropped out or just went very slowly. There is a compulsory $20 per day resort fee that covers wifi, valet parking, fitness centre access etc but I couldn't see the point of having this as a separate charge as I would rather everything was included in the one nightly rate as with other hotels. Overall though, and for those not bothered by valet parking or a sporadic wifi signal I would recommend this hotel and say it represents pretty good value for money.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 11, 2010

In a word: this hotel is GORGEOUS! I cannot fault the value in the rooms. A huge bedroom, huge lounge room, full-size kitchen, magnificant bathroom. I have to say it felt so luxurious getting into the massive spa bath.
Even the location is not terrible. It's about a block back from The Strip so in theory it shouldn't be too hard to get there.
Unfortunately, everythig conspires to make you access The Strip via MGM. It takes you 20min to get there, then another 20min or so to negotiate MGM to find The Strip access.
I realise this is not accidental, since they want you to spend your money with them, but it really starts to impinge on your enjoyment of the stay after a few trips up at back.
if MGM and Signature would find a solution to this access problem, I would come back again and again.
It was a beautiful experience once in the room, but I couldn't stay there again at the moment.
I am going to say I would recommend it to a friend based on value and service, but I would have to warn them heavily about the access issues.
Also, as compared to our first hotel (Paris), the room service price list showed us we were ina premier hotel - way, way more for even a basic meal! So factor that in if you are likely to order up!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank auznewbie
Reviewed December 11, 2010

The Property is great! Luxury Suites International is not. The Signature sells out its Branding and its Reputation to third rate third party operators. The Signature staff when questioned; They say its not their job and refer you out. The Signature could care less what you get; Its weird. We got back from a day of partying and the room was not cleaned?? I got with LSI and its excuses and blaming it on us. Results? No housekeeping and big giant FU from LSI and the Signature. I am guessing that if you dealt with the Signature you would have 99% top services.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ArizonaTraveler56
Reviewed December 8, 2010

I booked this hotel with a third party company (Luxury Suites International) via a Travelzoo offer. I was weary of the reviews of other people who have previously booked via a third party company, and didn't know what to expect! Everything was there. Only thing I can comment about is the attention to the cleaning. The cleaners did not take the garbage from our room one day.

We arrived Las Vegas in the evening, after a long drive from LA. We were allocated Twoer 2 and check in was a breeze. The staff at Reception were friendly and helpful. The Concierge service was excellent. There was never a long wait to getting our car.

We had a Junior Suite, which is actually ample room for a family of 4! It had a kitchenette, a King size bed, a pull out sofa bed and a very large bathroom with a shower and jacuzzi bath! The kids loved the jacuzzi and made use of it on a daily basis! The kids also had a swim in the selection of pools (MGM Grand and Signature pools).

The walk to the casino isn't that far! 5 minutes at most! This hotel overall is excellent for families, as it isn't centered around a casino environment. It also isn't far from all the Strip!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 7, 2010

Very good 4 star hotel in the centre of Las Vegas, it is a good walk from the MGM hotel and from the Strip.
The room was great and we asked to have a higher floor and they put us on 36th floor which had great veiws.
The room was very clean and well stocked each day.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2010

My wife and I were getting married at the Four Seasons Las Vegas and decided to spend the week leading up to the wedding in town with some friends and family (~30). From the second we walked into the airport check-in we were impressed. Not having to deal with a single line to get our room key was a huge plus and let us maximize our pre-wedding vacation.
After getting our rental car we checked in and fell in love with the resort. The lobby was quiet and peaceful and had a nice smell to it, no cigarette smoke here! Once we got to our room, a 1 bedroom suite on the 14th floor of tower 2, we were blown away. I had checked out the pictures and virtual tours but the size and quality of everything in the room was amazing.
Next we headed out to the grocery store and liquor store to stock the room for the week that we would be spending there. It was great to have snacks and breakfast that we could make in our room. We would usually have ~10 people over at night before heading out and every single person was upset they didn't stay at this resort...the balcony was what really set the place apart.
When it finally had to end we moved over to our free 1 bedroom suite at the Four Seasons and were somewhat dissapointed. No more kitchenette and the room was half the size yet cost 4x the Signature room.
I HIGHLY suggest staying here if you are coming to Vegas for more than 4 days - it feels like you are in Vegas with a nice apartment to come home to at the end of the night.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple