I stayed at the Signature, tower 1/ jr. suite, with my boyfriend from Friday – Sunday, July 20-22. We arrived Friday morning at 10a.m. and had concerns about checking in early, but walked right up to the front desk, requested a high strip facing room and promptly received one without hassle. Check-in was a breeze and the attendants were warm and friendly quickly pointing out where things were on the property map.
The property is gated which I hadn’t realized and while it added to a sense of security it did slow things down a bit when it came to catching cabs, but all it requires is a bit of planning when wanting to go out as you can’t just run outside and catch a cab as with many other hotels. The wait on average was about 7-8 minutes.
I remember there had been mention of the scent of the Signature and while I thought I might find it annoying (as with the Venetian), I didn’t although I prefer there hadn’t been a scent at all. Also, of note was the Starbucks near the lobby, but I found it closed at peak times during the day.
First impressions of the room was that everything was very high quality from the bed, kitchen appliances, bathroom, LG flat screen (the sound was great, especially when listening to the XM stations) and bath robes. I noticed someone mentioned their kitchen was missing proper utensils which must have been a fluke as ours had a small skillet, saucepan, heavyweight forks, knives, teaspoons, tablespoons, measuring cups, carving/steak knives, cutting board, stemware, coffee cups and saucers, bowels, plates, carafe, etc. We could have gone grocery shopping and had a full blown feast with all the utensils provided!
The only issue we found was that the safe was already locked, but maintenance arrived within 10 minutes of calling, unlocked it and removed the contents (a few dollars and some candy). We barely noticed that we had neighbors apart from their “do not disturb light” being lit and never saw anyone else on our floor. It was a very quiet hotel and we appreciated that. I also liked how the rooms were recessed from the main hallway so that two suites were in their own alcoved entrance (if that makes sense); I would think this would help eliminate noise as well.
I was expecting a daunting walk to the strip based on other reviews, but it was less than 10 minutes, and I never felt like I was getting a “cardio workout” as others have suggested. I’ve visited Vegas a couple times before so I know there’s a lot of walking involved no matter where you are.
We went to the pool only once and were a bit disappointed that it was so shallow (4 ft), but found it to be comfortable with the shade and water provided (we didn’t receive bottles, only cups of iced tap water). The attendants were attentive and the music at the pool was relaxing (think Diana Krall and Sade). We had no interest in visiting MGM’s pool/lazy river as it appeared too crowded.
The fitness center was another added bonus. We enjoyed working out on Saturday morning and found mostly everything we needed including free weights (two styles based on grip preference), stability balls, and cardio/weight machines of all types. The only thing that would have been nice to have were exercise mats. There were also cable TV monitors on each cardio station with complimentary headphones. Water, towels and sanitizing wipes for the machines were also provided. There were actually quite a few people using the fitness center, but it didn’t feel overcrowded and it had windows so it wasn’t claustrophobic.
Sunday we requested a late check-out and while it could be granted until 1 p.m. at no charge, we went ahead and paid to $80 to extend it to 6p.m. On a side note, the front desk attendant saw me admiring the peach colored roses and allowed me to take one. I love flowers so this brightened my morning!
Overall, we had a wonderful stay. The only gripe was when making coffee on Saturday morning we realized the two Splenda packets were very old and had hardened. When we requested four Splendas (and two lotions as the bottles were too small for us – my bf is 6’8”!) by leaving a note attached to a tip for housekeeping, we came back and found neither request had been honored but the tip was taken.
This was the most time I’ve ever spent in a Vegas hotel. Usually I just use my room to sleep 2 hours a night and shower, but I felt like this was a true vacation. We plan on staying here in the future and would highly recommend this property to others looking for more of a relaxing environment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Signature is a world within a world. As your private portal to everything Las Vegas, you're free to indulge in an incredible array of diversions – with one commonality: an elevated level of personalized service. So whether you're grabbing a drink at The Lounge or basking in the private luxury of your own poolside cabana, you'll experience a level of attention and dedicated service that's unsurpassed, right at the heart of the most exciting city on the planet. Truly, this is Vegas at its best. As your gateway to this most incredible of cities, The Signature puts you at the doorstep of Las Vegas' most amazing experiences. Our concierge is just the person to open that door and show you the way through. Allow us to serve your every whim, from show tickets to procuring a table at that must-experience restaurant to making your golf reservations. And when you feel the desire to leave your tranquil escape for the excitement of Vegas, the gaming, nightlife and entertainment of the phenomenal MGM Grand is right next door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, Orbitz, Vegas.com, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Signature at MGM Grand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Signature Hotel Las Vegas
- Signature Las Vegas
- Mgm Grand Signature
- Signature At Mgm Grand Hotel
- Signature Mgm Grand Las Vegas
- Mgm Signature Las Vegas
- Signature Mgm Las Vegas