Message from TripAdvisor:

GreenLeadersGold level
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Perfect Vegas Getaway”
Reviewed July 23, 2007

I stayed at the Signature, tower 1/ jr. suite, with my boyfriend from Friday – Sunday, July 20-22. We arrived Friday morning at 10a.m. and had concerns about checking in early, but walked right up to the front desk, requested a high strip facing room and promptly received one without hassle. Check-in was a breeze and the attendants were warm and friendly quickly pointing out where things were on the property map.

The property is gated which I hadn’t realized and while it added to a sense of security it did slow things down a bit when it came to catching cabs, but all it requires is a bit of planning when wanting to go out as you can’t just run outside and catch a cab as with many other hotels. The wait on average was about 7-8 minutes.

I remember there had been mention of the scent of the Signature and while I thought I might find it annoying (as with the Venetian), I didn’t although I prefer there hadn’t been a scent at all. Also, of note was the Starbucks near the lobby, but I found it closed at peak times during the day.

First impressions of the room was that everything was very high quality from the bed, kitchen appliances, bathroom, LG flat screen (the sound was great, especially when listening to the XM stations) and bath robes. I noticed someone mentioned their kitchen was missing proper utensils which must have been a fluke as ours had a small skillet, saucepan, heavyweight forks, knives, teaspoons, tablespoons, measuring cups, carving/steak knives, cutting board, stemware, coffee cups and saucers, bowels, plates, carafe, etc. We could have gone grocery shopping and had a full blown feast with all the utensils provided!

The only issue we found was that the safe was already locked, but maintenance arrived within 10 minutes of calling, unlocked it and removed the contents (a few dollars and some candy). We barely noticed that we had neighbors apart from their “do not disturb light” being lit and never saw anyone else on our floor. It was a very quiet hotel and we appreciated that. I also liked how the rooms were recessed from the main hallway so that two suites were in their own alcoved entrance (if that makes sense); I would think this would help eliminate noise as well.

I was expecting a daunting walk to the strip based on other reviews, but it was less than 10 minutes, and I never felt like I was getting a “cardio workout” as others have suggested. I’ve visited Vegas a couple times before so I know there’s a lot of walking involved no matter where you are.

We went to the pool only once and were a bit disappointed that it was so shallow (4 ft), but found it to be comfortable with the shade and water provided (we didn’t receive bottles, only cups of iced tap water). The attendants were attentive and the music at the pool was relaxing (think Diana Krall and Sade). We had no interest in visiting MGM’s pool/lazy river as it appeared too crowded.

The fitness center was another added bonus. We enjoyed working out on Saturday morning and found mostly everything we needed including free weights (two styles based on grip preference), stability balls, and cardio/weight machines of all types. The only thing that would have been nice to have were exercise mats. There were also cable TV monitors on each cardio station with complimentary headphones. Water, towels and sanitizing wipes for the machines were also provided. There were actually quite a few people using the fitness center, but it didn’t feel overcrowded and it had windows so it wasn’t claustrophobic.

Sunday we requested a late check-out and while it could be granted until 1 p.m. at no charge, we went ahead and paid to $80 to extend it to 6p.m. On a side note, the front desk attendant saw me admiring the peach colored roses and allowed me to take one. I love flowers so this brightened my morning!

Overall, we had a wonderful stay. The only gripe was when making coffee on Saturday morning we realized the two Splenda packets were very old and had hardened. When we requested four Splendas (and two lotions as the bottles were too small for us – my bf is 6’8”!) by leaving a note attached to a tip for housekeeping, we came back and found neither request had been honored but the tip was taken.

This was the most time I’ve ever spent in a Vegas hotel. Usually I just use my room to sleep 2 hours a night and shower, but I felt like this was a true vacation. We plan on staying here in the future and would highly recommend this property to others looking for more of a relaxing environment.

• Liked — The high quality and attention the detail.
  • Disliked — The housekeeping.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Quiana A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,223)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Omaha, NE
Reviewed July 23, 2007

We did a lot of research on where to stay in Vegas and since it was ranked #1 on here, we decided to stay at the Signature. It was everything we wanted and more! My boyfriend has stayed at several other hotels in Vegas, and he says the Signature was the nicest one he's stayed at. I loved how big the room was... the bathroom was unbelievable... it had a huge tub and giant shower! The service was wonderful, and the room service was very impressive! I definitely recommend trying the banana bread french toast! The Signature is a pleasant escape from the crowds and is very relaxing. In addition to the luxury and quiet rooms, guests are permitted to use the amenities at the MGM Grand... the pool there is amazing! We also stayed at the Mandalay Bay during this trip, but we preferred the Signature! Check it out... it's totally worth it!

• Stayed July 2007
7 Thank mandm329
California
Reviewed July 22, 2007

Just returned from a six night (7/15 - 7/21) stay at the Signature. We booked a two-bedroom suite (really a one-bedroom and jr. suite adjoined by a hallway). One word OUTSTANDING. Check in was quick and all my requests were met (early check-in, high floor, strip view etc.). We were definitely WOWED by the rooms. Everything in the room was high-end, good quality stuff. SIMPLY SUPERB!

We did have an issue with getting the flat-screen TV encased in a drawer to reveal itself (in the bedroom, you have another flat screen in the main area and a small one in the bathroom). An engineer was quick to respond and remedy the situation. Never had a problem with it again.

Also, we did have a few incidents with housekeeping. For 3 days in a row our rooms were not ready upon our return. One time, almost waiting until 7 pm for the rooms to be cleaned. My only complaint!

At times it seemed like we were the only ones there. We hardly ever encountered anyone in the hallways or elevators. The lobby was dead most of the time.

The valet parking was no issue at all. The service was very prompt and we never waited more than 5 minutes for our vehicle.

The walk to the MGM's pool and Studio Walk is a non-issue. The walk through the casino to the strip is. It's a hike! If you want to be a stone's throw from the strip, the Signature is not the place to stay! For a COMPLETELY non-smoking, non-gaming environment IT IS!

Upon checkout (which took awhile), I let the clerk know about the issues with housekeeping and she promptly removed all of the resort fees from both rooms ($180!). Also, check your bill carefully. We were charged for a movie we did not order (removed).

All and all we had an awesome stay at the Signature! Great place to stay with the family!!!

• Liked — The quality and spaciousness of the rooms.
  • Disliked — Housekeeping was hit or miss.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank Filmar
Chicago
Reviewed July 22, 2007

I booked the MGM at the last minute (2 days before I got there- July 20th-22nd) only to realize I had booked the wrong dates (18th-20th) The hotel staff told me it was not a problem and made other arrangements for me. Had that not happened, I would not have discovered the signature! There are 3 Towers. Tower 2 seem to be the most popular. However, Tower 3 was the best to me.

The staff were very helpful and nice! The hotel was gorgeous. They just finished completing Tower 3 about 2 weeks ago. The suites are very nice and true to the pictures found on the Hotel site.

If you want to get away but still enjoy the Vegas life, I would suggest the Signature! I am a germaphobic and despise hotels... However, I was very comfortable staying here! If you are a germaphobic like me, I would suggest this hotel. Staff was very helpful, friendly, and clean. There was no loitering in the hallways and if you ever wanted to sleep...there was no noise coming from other rooms!

• Liked — The Cleaniness
  • Disliked — Internet was slow at times
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
3 Thank Scenario11
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed July 20, 2007

I stayed at the Signature in March for 4 days. There were only 2 problems I had with my stay here:

1.In my opinon, it smelled like cheap cologne thoughout the lobby.
2. When we checked in, we didn't get the balcony room we requested. They said to call the next day to see if a balcony room was available but it wasn't. So, we just stayed put. It's such a hassle to move around. Is there a trick to getting the room you want??

Other than that, the hotel itself was superior. It was very classy and elegant as far as decor. Our room had a t.v. in the bathroom which was great! It was nice to relax in the jacuzzi after a long day of walking ( which you do a lot of since the hotel is a bit far from the strip.) The bathroom was huge with marble floors and sinks. The room looked like something from a magazine. It was nice! They also stocked 2 water bottles in the fridge daily.

The hotel is far from the strip but it gives you some cardio for the day. There's a moving walkway that connects to the MGM. I would estitmate it would take you atleast 10 minutes to walk from the Signature through the MGM and out to the strip.

You can also take the tram ( I don't know what it's called.) to other hotels on the same side. I believe it's like $5.00. The tram stays open late. I think until 2am.

There's no casino or restaurant in this hotel but there's food and restaurants in the area that connects the Signature to the MGM. There's pizza, Starbucks,McDonalds and other fast foods as well as fancy dining. There's a chinese restaurant called Pearl ( which I though was okay and overpriced), a Mexican restaurant, Emeril restaurant and others. They also have a bar stand across from starbucks where they have $1.00 jello shots! What way to get the day started!

There's also a little cafe near the pool at the Singature, where you can grab sandwiches or coffee.

Also, there's a walgreens a few blocks down from the MGM where you can get midnight snacks or whatever needs you have.

You can also get a free bus ride to a shopping outlet as a Signature guest. It's not worth it though! It wasted my day. The prices at outlets are never better than a good sale in my opinion. They have some designer stores but it's still way too expensive. a shirt for 200 at burburry? No thank you... So, I was stuck at the outlet. I can't remember how long. It was a 2 hour ride there and back on the bus.

In conclusion, this was an excellent hotel overall. Even though I wasn't in the room much, it was nice to come back to a clean,comfortable, and relaxing room after a long day.

• Liked — fancy rooms
  • Disliked — heap cologne smell and not getting the room iI requested for!
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
8 Thank jeygurl83
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 19, 2007

Things started off well at the Signature. We were greeted by the friendly and helpful Frances who checked us into our suite in minutes and gave us some helpful info about what shows etc were on in Vegas and the best ways to get around. However, she also advised us that in addition to the fee we had already paid our travel agent we would be charged $15 per day for the luxury of having 2 bottles of water and a newspaper delivered to our room everyday as well as free local calls (we’re on holiday – we don’t know anyone in Vegas) and use of the gym among other pointless ‘perks’. We were never advised about this at the time of booking the holiday. Oh well, buyer beware. Anyhoo, our room on the 29th floor was fantastic with great views of the Paris and NY NY among others along the Strip. The kitchen area of the suite is really good (facilities include a 2 ring hob, microwave, fridge, blender, coffee machine, toaster and all the utensils and crockery you could possibly need) and allowed us to have breakfast in our room a few times when the stroll to the Buffet was just too much. The bathroom was equally luxurious with a Jacuzzi tub, separate shower, double sinks and plenty of storage for all our stuff. The pool facilities at the Signature were also very good (and fairly quiet) with free small bottles of water being doled out as well as the option to purchase other beverages and food for poolside consumption. As guests of the Signature we also had access to the MGM’s pools and lazy river.

Now for the bad points (there weren’t many but still...): My boyfriend went to fill the ice bucket for a bottle of bubbly we’d bought only to find chewing gum stuck to the lid of it! Pretty gross. We informed reception who had it replaced immediately but we got no apology. Another day we went to the pool for several hours, leaving the House Keeping sign turned on, only to return to find the room was not made up. There was evidence that someone had been in the room (things were moved) but the bed was unmade, bins still full and no clean towels. No towels at all in fact AND no $15 bottles of water! I called House Keeping and spoke to Therese who apologised and said she would have management send someone up immediately. Well, 75 minutes later my boyfriend and I were still standing around in wet pool gear waiting for some clean towels!!

Another day we received no bottled water or newspaper and although we informed reception about this we never received a replacement. $15 well spent, eh? Then there was the time we came back to find the bed had been made up with sheets that had holes in them. Lovely.

All in all the hotel is luxurious, beautiful and the staff (on the whole) are professional, courteous and when it is provided the service is very good. I wouldn’t rush back to the Signature because too many little problems ended up irking me LOT when all I wanted to do was relax! For my next trip to Sin City I’ll definitely stay somewhere else.

• Liked — Luxurious facilities e.g. pool, restaurants
  • Disliked — Read the review!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
8 Thank PirateLola
Lichfield
Reviewed July 18, 2007

This is a beautifully appointed hotel. It is part of MGM Grand, but is situated behind the main hotel, and has it's own impressive entrance off the strip. It is quiet and is non-gambling, but does have a pleasant cocktail bar. You can access the main MGM - it's about a ten minute brisk walk, with travellators. When you reach the MGM complex, it's another 5-10 minutes to get outside onto the strip (this would be the case with most of the large hotels on the strip).
Not being particularly interested in the casino, we were very glad to be able to walk into the peace and quiet of the Signature.
Our suite was large and beautifully appointed, including a modern cooking facilities - unfortunately it was difficult to buy anything to cook! Breakfast was not included.
Daily newspaper and bottled water were supplied but at a compulsary charge of fifteen dollars a night - this was not mentioned when we reserved the room.

• Liked — The quality of the room fittings and the quiet location.
  • Disliked — The hidden charges
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple