Message from TripAdvisor:

Signature at MGM Grand
Ranked #11 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 23, 2007

I booked this hotel because I read so many rave reviews about it here. The room was fabulous, nice and big, comfy bed, and great bathroom. We also liked the TV and the guy who checked us in at the front desk was helpful.

The walk to the MGM Grand wasn't bad and it was nice that the Signature was secluded. It was also nice that it was so close to the Monorail.

The resort fee is a bit silly, USA Today isn't your quality newspaper and our water was forgotten one day. However, we did use the fitness center, which was very nice. BEWARE: Fiji water at the Starbucks is FIVE DOLLARS. The fitness center has tons of bottled water and apples FOR FREE, so stock up!

The final negative about our stay was that our room was not actually cleaned by housekeeping. The bed was made and towels were folded, however, nothing appeared to be cleaned.

This is not a place for a guys party weekend, it's truly for couples looking to relax. I don't think I'd stay there again even though the room was really nice, as there are so many other hotels in Vegas that I would want to try out for a future stay.

4  Thank relliebelle

Reviewed February 23, 2007

Fantastic - it is so awesome to come home to the Signature and leave the trash - strip behind. No smoking, no casino, gorgeous 40"s style atmosphere. Elegent, class act and as i agree with some reviews: the hike to the MGM, Free Water, best thing is to rent a car and use that to motor around Vegas - why bother with the monorail or taxi's - liked the place a lot.

4  Thank LKnSF
Reviewed February 20, 2007

I recently stayed during the Allstar Weekend and was treated very well. The entire staff was friendly and attentive. It was somewhat secluded but just a short distance from all the excitement of the MGM. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with friends
3  Thank Covergirl8
Reviewed February 19, 2007

The hotel is new, but it is not well-known by taxis or shuttles. I had to use my cell phone on the shuttle to phone the hotel to get directions. This is a property that also sells its flats to individual buyers; it is a condo-complex. The suites are smallish, but the decor is tasteful. Given the reviews on tripadvisor, I was expecting something extraordinary. In fact, the hotel is VERY plain and the lobby is downright boring. My main complaint, however, is that the toilet was plugged in our room when we checked in. The calls we made to reception and maintenance went unanswered for four hours. Needless to say it was an enormous hassle to have to use the downstairs facilities, and also the uncertainty of not knowing when they would make the repair. Management could have (and should have) been much more gracious and speedy in alleviating this repair request.

Finally, while they do have moving sidewalks inside the hotel connecting to the MGM Grand, by the end of the day it's exhausting. Walking outside the hotel (w/out going through the MGM) is a huge ordeal b/c of the construction zones outside the area. Next time I'd stay elsewhere.

10  Thank ms_bolivia
Reviewed February 14, 2007

I recently stayed at "The Signature" and thought to myself, "Wow! This is what Vegas is all about." From the moment I arrived I was treated politely, attentively and with all the respect one deserves. I was upgraded to their one bed room suite which had two restrooms, each with a bath, a jacuzzi, kitchen, and everything else to make me feel like true luxury. I enjoyed the dining (room service) which price wise was around what you would expect. Since the hotel is a little off the strip and doesn't have a casino down stairs like most others, it is peaceful, quite and not fool of drunken people which is why I would recommend this hotel for couples that are trying to have a great weekend. Next time I go to Vegas I will be staying at the Signature, I strongly recommend it!

11  Thank Supersocko
Reviewed February 13, 2007

Booked the Signature based on all the reviews on Tripadvisor. I'm still here as i'm writing this review. This was my first trip to Vegas. Wanted to do this while it's fresh and relavent. The rooms(Junior Suite) is exactly as advertised. Brand new, fresh, clean, modern, and spacious.

Stayed in tower one, on top floor, with balcony view of the Strip. Able to see Paris, New York New York, CVS (LOL), Treasure Island, and the mountains in the distance. Weather was good except the night of Feb 13th, Windy, Cold, and Rainy.

I'm not a gambler nor a smoker, i'm a laid back quiet guy, so signature definitely is on the mark when those are things you look for.

Now for the Bad/Minor Ugly:
Long walk to strip, even with the motorized walkway, 12-18 min walk depending on volume of people and the pace of your walk. Not shorter than that no matter what other reviewers say. This can get frustrating if this journey has to be made 2 or 3 times a day over the span of a few days. There has to be some type of short cut that the signature has to make for the people who want to get to the strip. What makes it worse is if you want to Go North on Las Vegas Blvd towards the Flamingo, Bally's, Caesars, Bellagio, Etc..because you are going backwards to go forwards.

So please keep that in mind..if you plan on hailing cabs, renting cars, or using the monorail, then you are ok..but if you plan on walking or taking the Deuce(Bus) up/down Las Vegas Blvd, then be warned and bring your walking shoes.

Warning about the Monorail, if you plan on getting to the Fremont via the Monorail(Dont bother with Monorail, take the Deuce Bus, it's only 2 bux unlimited for 24 hours)

Back to the room, upon checkin--Trash was not taken out, I kid you not, old pizza boxes and 12 pack Diet Coke carton box still there. Told Check in desk about it when we left to go sightseeing, came back few hours later, still was there.

I didnt get my USA Today the first full day I was there. (Unless next door took their copy and mine, lol)

My key card stopped working the 2nd day, thank goodness my wife's key card still worked.

The shower water pressure could've been better, might be result of being on top floor.

Safe didnt work, maybe it was user error but I doubt it.

Room service very very expensive. Juice and Pancakes came out to 30plus dollars.

Btw...plenty of offers from all the properties..you can get free/discounted tickets to many things if you sit thru a timeshare presentation. Expect to sit thru 3 to 4 hours, we did but we got tix to the VShow, George Wallace, and 2 buffets at the Trop. Was worth it.

So you see there's good, bad, and some minor ugly. Hope this was helpful to others as they plan their trips to vegas!

26  Thank MisterPatel
Reviewed February 13, 2007

This is not the typical Las Vegas hotel - no slots in the lobby - you can get to your car (valet parking - no self-park) without going through a casino, but the MGM Grand casino is a 10 minute indoor walk away, and the monorail station is even closer.
We paid $173/night for two nights (plus the $15 fee) and we were upgraded to a corner suite. The thing had two full baths, a gigantic master bath with large shower and jacuzzi and a full kitchen with a Sub Zero fridge and a Bosch dishwasher. All the fixtures and amenities were top quality - huge towels, Egyptian cotton linens, three (count 'em, three) flat screen TV's.
There were three problems - one floor lamp was missing a bulb. The bellman who brought us to the suite said he'd have it fixed but we never got a new bulb.
The master shower was too hot. The water temperature could be adjusted to a more comfortable temperature only by sacrificing water pressure. Since we had another shower which worked fine we didn't consider that a serious problem.
On checkout it took 30 minutes to get a bellman for our bags (we had several). When I called after 15 minutes I was told he was "on his way up". Because of that (and some unrelated problems that were our own fault) we wound up missing our flight.

Stayed: February 2007