Message from TripAdvisor:

“The best of both worlds”

Signature at MGM Grand
Ranked #11 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Signature hotel itself is a quieter hotel in Las Vegas with no Casino. It is a relaxing hotel in the heart of Vegas. Rooms, pool and staff are all 5*. To top it off it, it has a covered walkway to MGM and all its entertainment, shops, restaurants and pools (which are free to use for Signature guests).

Very little to criticise about this hotel.

TOP TIPS:
1)Book a room high up facing the strip for a good view.
2)Also the Signature pools have little sun cover in the morning, so I would suggest going to MGM pools AM and Signature pools PM (this was in late June).
3)Explore using the monorail (there is a stop in the MGM) for a fast and relatively cheap way to explore the strip. It can be very tiring to walk the length of it (especially in 45C heat!)
4)Take out an Mlife card from any MGM resorts hotel and you can get money of shows etc. We got 30% of Beatles Love Cirque Du Soleil at the Mirage with it (it is just a rewards card not a credit card)

Room Tip: Book a room high up facing the strip for a good view. Tower one has Starbucks, Tower 2 has a café an...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank JL14
SignatureManagement, Signature Guest Relations at Signature at MGM Grand, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Thank you for sharing this positive feedback with us!

We are pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and appreciate the opportunity to provide the details of your guest experience to our employees. We have provided our direct contact information to your message site in the event that we may provide any additional assistance.

We truly value your business and hope that we may welcome you back in the future.

There are newer reviews for Signature at MGM Grand

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Ok so I've completed the trio !!
I have had the pleasure of staying at the MGM, skylofts and now the signature. To be honest the Skyloft wins hands down for service but the signature is a close second. The room I had was a Balcony suite over looking the pool area. As always the MGM as a whole does not disappoint. We went as a group on a joint Bachelor and Bachelorette party. Enjoyed a lot and found the staff very professional and helpful.

Tip ... Do not get carried away and have a cheeky cigarette because you will be charged $300 plus .. After speaking with management I was refunded half of this amount back. Recommend the signature if you are with your family or your partner as it's not as crazy over there and you are closer to the pool area.

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Benjahman M

Reviewed July 3, 2014

This was our second trip to Vegas and our first trip to the Signature. I had done extensive research and read thousands of glowing reviews. I obtained a great rate and package and booked months in advance. Throughout my trip planning phases, I received timely and helpful feedback from the concierge whenever I would call or email. Just like most other reviewers I was impressed by the size of the room, the amenities included and the cleanliness and condition of the hotel overall. I could comment on the walk, but I'd be beating a dead horse.

We did most of our gambling and eating at the MGM due to proximity. Because of the proximity, I had selected several MyVegas comps on the mgm property as well. I am more than happy to give the Signature a 5 star review, but I will share with you my constructive criticism.

1)Although everything else was very well appointed, the couch in the room looked a little run down. No matter for us, it was a great place to keep the suitcase handy. 2)I had read mixed reviews on kitchen supplies, they were MIA upon arrival, I called to request glasses and a corkscrew on the first night, The 2nd morning, we needed dishes and forks for some leftovers. I waited nearly 35 minutes, I was about to second guess tipping when they showed up with EVERYTHING. Pots, pans, plates, bowls and several settings of silver - all was forgiven. 3) Its hard for me to really comment, but in my previous conversations with the concierge, I was informed they worked with Enterprise Rent a Car - that relationship is now dissolved, I rented on my own through enterprise over at the Westin - they picked us up, not a big deal. 4) Although housekeeping came through each day to freshen the room, I hoped they would have noticed that we had used all of the body wash, and I had none on the 4th morning. 5) I would have loved if the pool had longer hours. I was awake before 8 several mornings and I love a star-lit soak in the hot tub.

We stayed in tower 2 which was a good compromise for our walking trips (closer to MGM than tower 3 and closer to Harmon than tower 1). When checking in the desk asked about the nature of our trip and upon discovering our 10th wedding anniversary, found us a room on the 30th floor with a strip view. Very nice! Most nights, I sat in the arm chair facing the window for 30 minutes or more before turning in.

The off strip location didn't turn me off and I planned most of our meals, shows etc within close proximity. If you're concerned about the walking, bring along a few extra bucks, its easy to get a cab in the valet station. Now that I've visited vegas a few times, I would gladly come back to the Signature, but I would plan to do even more on the mgm property. There is SO MUCH right there. You may ask: 'why not stay at the grand?' I loved the aspect of the clean, quiet hotel. I can not comment on the rooms at the grand, but I think I got plenty of bang for my buck. I didn't want to be the person trudging through the casino with luggage, or trying to get to the pool. Plus the front desk was a zoo in comparison.

Speaking of the grand pool, we did not go into the grand pool area, but judging by the volume of people (volume= number & volume= loudness), I'm glad I missed it. The Signature pools were relatively quiet, very clean and separated from the masses.

If the Signature is on your list, don't hesitate, you won't be disappointed. Thanks for reading!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Nick R

Reviewed July 2, 2014

The hotel gives a great first impression. It's clean, large and not far from everything that MGM has to offer (food, party pools, theatres, casino). We stayed in a junior suite in tower 2. This was great for us as the size of the room is by far adequate enough and it's very quiet (even though the pool was directly outside the room).

The only negative about our stay was that there was a complete mishap with laundry services where the bell services were quite rude about it. The laundry was lost, damaged and I was even accused of handing it in at a different time and not believed otherwise. However, the receptionists at the hotel were extremely professional and the way the situation was handled was exceptional (I was given a full refund and credit to spend within the hotel).

The location of the hotel is pretty good as it's quite near the strip but far back enough so that you can avoid the noise. There are also frequent shows at the MGM theatres (we saw David copper field and cirque de soleil at reasonable prices).

There were a number of party pools within the hotel. However, there were also pools that were suited well to families with young children or individuals who just wAnt to soak up the sun without the party atmosphere.

Room Tip: All rooms are good but ours faced the pool which was nice (floor 3 tower 2)
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JamesEytonJones

Thank you for sharing this positive feedback with us! We are pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and appreciate the opportunity to provide the details of your guest experience to our employees.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

This is my second trip back to the Signature after being away for six long years. I will say that initially we were frustrated because there were no rooms that we wanted that were available at 9 in the morning. So after killing some time by getting something to eat and walking the strip we came back to have our room ready for us shortly after 3 pm. Whatever wounds we felt we dealt with all of a sudden didn't matter the moment we stepped inside our one bedroom, two bathroom suite.

We requested Tower number one as it is the closest one to the strip. As I mentioned in my last review, the walk to the strip isn't horrible due to the availability of the moving sidewalk. Or maybe I should say the walk to the MGM Grand. Once you get there, you actually have to walk walk. This can get a little old due to the fact that you have to go through the casino to get to The Strip. But, you get used to it. Anyway, the Signature is fantastic. The staff this time wasn't as helpful as last time back in 2008, but it was good enough. The saving grace for this hotel is the property, the rooms, and the value for what you pay for.

Speaking of paying, it's best to visit this (and pretty much all Vegas hotels) during the middle of the week. Even on the weekend, the price is still reasonable given what you get. I'll put it this way: for the time being there isn't another hotel I want to stay at in Vegas. The other ones I wouldn't mind going to are at a slightly higher price point so I'm not ready for primetime yet. But if you want a taste of luxury in Vegas without getting too crazy, look no further than this fantastic hotel. There hasn't been a better hotel I've stayed at anywhere in the world. Take that to the bank..

Room Tip: Tower 1. Always always always.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank ElektricMD

Reviewed July 1, 2014

We were a family of four staying in the deluxe balcony suite with a King bed and double pullout sofa... Very roomy, beautiful view of the Strip, and luxurious accommodations... Great weekday value with the free enrollment in their M Life program!! Very pleased with the location and the amenities... including access to the MGM Grand Pools and valet parking... we will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Vegas!!

Room Tip: Request a high floor with Strip views
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Debb M
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

This was our first trip to Las Vegas! We went over the new year period so was very busy!! We had an amazing experience in this hotel, everything was perfect, the suites are huge and very clean and comfy. All staff are extremely helpful and friendly - will would love to return very soon!! Loved everything about it.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple