We had our first trip to Vegas and stayed at two hotels with this being the first. After moving the second, wish we had stayed put.
We were on Level 5 in room 720 in Tower 2. Our room layout was good with a full kitchen (the fridge even had a icemaker), a toilet & shower off the lounge that had a fold out bed for our daughter, a seperate bedroom with an ensuite that had a seperate toilet and a bathroom with twin vanities and a spa bath. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet (perhaps because it was at the end of a hall). No problems with WIFI.
The hotel has a very nice pool area with a large spa area also. The Delights cafe makes a nice Fremont burger, but I felt the breakfast we purchased was a little on the small side for the price and was okay but nothing to write home about.
The front reception staff didn't seem to know that much about the local area and were curtious but not as friendly and helpful as the hotel staff we had encountered in Anaheim. The bellhop was very nice and helped store our luggage upon arrival while we dropped off the rental car and again on the day we had to transfer hotels.
There is a Deuce bus system that runs North or South down the strip and if you walk through the corridors and travellators to the MGM Grand you can catch a bus from outside there. A 24hr pass is $8 but you need to purchase the tickets from the machine at the stop and try and have exact change.
As I discovered Vegas isn't really the place to go with a pre-teen, but if you happen to find yourself there then this is a very good hotel to stay at as you don't have all the drunk party goers and there is no casino in this part, although to go out of the MGM Grand you do walk through theirs. The Rainforest Cafe in the MGM Grand is nice if you are travelling with a child.
Wallgreen (a superette) is a short walk away and if you buy a Vegas Bite card then go to Carbo Wabo in the Miracle Mile shopping centre and pick it up.
We also went to the CSI experience which was good family acitivity although alot shorter than I anticipated. If you are going to do it I would suggest you jump on line and buy a Vegas Bite Card, as it saved us one adult entry (about $33). The Belliagio is only a short walk away and you can watch the fountain show.
The only part of the hotel I didn't enjoy was the aircon in our room was quite noisy when trying to sleep but at least we could turn it off and just leave the aircon running in the lounge.
I would recommend this hotel to others, especially if you find yourself travelling with children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Signature is a world within a world. As your private portal to everything Las Vegas, you're free to indulge in an incredible array of diversions – with one commonality: an elevated level of personalized service. So whether you're grabbing a drink at The Lounge or basking in the private luxury of your own poolside cabana, you'll experience a level of attention and dedicated service that's unsurpassed, right at the heart of the most exciting city on the planet. Truly, this is Vegas at its best. As your gateway to this most incredible of cities, The Signature puts you at the doorstep of Las Vegas' most amazing experiences. Our concierge is just the person to open that door and show you the way through. Allow us to serve your every whim, from show tickets to procuring a table at that must-experience restaurant to making your golf reservations. And when you feel the desire to leave your tranquil escape for the excitement of Vegas, the gaming, nightlife and entertainment of the phenomenal MGM Grand is right next door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Prestigia, Priceline, Agoda, Jetsetter, Reservation Counter and Expedia so you can book your Signature at MGM Grand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Signature Hotel Las Vegas
- Signature Las Vegas
- Mgm Grand Signature
- Signature At Mgm Grand Hotel
- Signature Mgm Grand Las Vegas
- Mgm Signature Las Vegas
- Signature Mgm Las Vegas