Message from TripAdvisor:

Signature at MGM Grand
Ranked #13 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“A good option if travelling with children”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

We had our first trip to Vegas and stayed at two hotels with this being the first. After moving the second, wish we had stayed put.

We were on Level 5 in room 720 in Tower 2. Our room layout was good with a full kitchen (the fridge even had a icemaker), a toilet & shower off the lounge that had a fold out bed for our daughter, a seperate bedroom with an ensuite that had a seperate toilet and a bathroom with twin vanities and a spa bath. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet (perhaps because it was at the end of a hall). No problems with WIFI.

The hotel has a very nice pool area with a large spa area also. The Delights cafe makes a nice Fremont burger, but I felt the breakfast we purchased was a little on the small side for the price and was okay but nothing to write home about.

The front reception staff didn't seem to know that much about the local area and were curtious but not as friendly and helpful as the hotel staff we had encountered in Anaheim. The bellhop was very nice and helped store our luggage upon arrival while we dropped off the rental car and again on the day we had to transfer hotels.

There is a Deuce bus system that runs North or South down the strip and if you walk through the corridors and travellators to the MGM Grand you can catch a bus from outside there. A 24hr pass is $8 but you need to purchase the tickets from the machine at the stop and try and have exact change.

As I discovered Vegas isn't really the place to go with a pre-teen, but if you happen to find yourself there then this is a very good hotel to stay at as you don't have all the drunk party goers and there is no casino in this part, although to go out of the MGM Grand you do walk through theirs. The Rainforest Cafe in the MGM Grand is nice if you are travelling with a child.

Wallgreen (a superette) is a short walk away and if you buy a Vegas Bite card then go to Carbo Wabo in the Miracle Mile shopping centre and pick it up.

We also went to the CSI experience which was good family acitivity although alot shorter than I anticipated. If you are going to do it I would suggest you jump on line and buy a Vegas Bite Card, as it saved us one adult entry (about $33). The Belliagio is only a short walk away and you can watch the fountain show.

The only part of the hotel I didn't enjoy was the aircon in our room was quite noisy when trying to sleep but at least we could turn it off and just leave the aircon running in the lounge.

I would recommend this hotel to others, especially if you find yourself travelling with children.

Room Tip: Tower 2 has Delights which make a good burger
5 Thank Kiwikaren19

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,141)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

There's a lot to read here, so I'll start with: If you want a decent inexpensive suite near the strip this is a 'ok' place to stay.

My check in: The check in agent seemed upset by my presence upsetting his conversation with the other agent. I gave my last name and the agent couldn't locate me, this is normal with my last name and I gave my standard list of ways my name could come up in their system. This was obviously very difficult for this agent given his put down look. He was able to locate my reservation. When I asked what tower I was in I got a "ptt" and then was told I was in tower 2.

The room: The rooms are very spacious, especially at this price point in the hotel. I got a junior suite which had a nice whirlpool tub, stand up shower, queen bed and a kitchen half way between a full kitchen and a kitchenette. All in all a nice room. During my stay I discovered stains on the couch and seating area, mostly looking like body sweat/fluid stains. Not the end fo the world since I had no intentions of staying in my room on the strip and chilling on the couch, but disturbing.

The area: It's about a 5 minute walk from the elevator area of Tower 2 to the MGM Grand. There's a all indoor walkway that takes you there. There are 'moving sidewalks' to help you out along the way, but they were often broken or at least just shut down. You'll come in near the big pool and the retail area of the MGM.

Check out: Check out was the polar opposite of check in. It was a very early morning check out. I received a friendly response from the front desk clerk, helpful answers to my questions (how best to get to the airport, if there was a taxi stand, etc). Check out was instant and I was on my way back home.

Of note is many of these rooms are privately owned and maintained. My room cleaning was not done by MGM staff but by the company that owned the room. MGM staff did check me in and out.

Room Tip: The lower rooms have a few of the street or the pool. I'm told the higher up rooms have even bet...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DannyDp
SignatureManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Signature at MGM Grand, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Good Afternoon.

Thank you for your review. I would love to have the opportunity to speak to you directly regarding the issues that you unfortunately experienced. Please contact me directly at cdarbey@lv.mgmgrand.com .

Schaumburg, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

I had a 1 bedroom with balcony suite and it was just perfect. The room, bathroom, kitchen and the view all was wonderful. It was really nice to stay at this property. Although this is was off strip but then it was worth the stay at this place. The whole family enjoyed and the kitchen really helped to cook anything we want anytime. The only issue I had with this place was that the wireless connection in this room was terrible. First it did not work and then when it worked it only did for 20mts max on my mobile and then again gone.... I hope they have a better wireless internet connectivity.... Rest all was perfect.

Good Afternoon.

I am pleased you took the time to write your recent review. I am very sorry that you experienced poor internet connection while staying with us. You will be pleased to hear that we are in the process of upgrading our server as we speak!

I certainly hope that we are able to welcome you back again!

Bedminster, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

Spent an entire week in Tower 3 and couldn't have been more pleased. Out the front door, 1/2 block up the side street, and you are right in the middle of "The Strip"! We used the front desk staff for everything. Car rental, show tickets, could not have been easier. I would highly recommend "The Signature" for your next or first stay in Vegas. Thanks so much to the front desk for making it so enjoyable, especially to Jacquline!

1 Thank James H
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

stayed at the signature in aug 2013 a lovely hotel stayed in a one bedroom suite cant fault the suite it was clean comfortable and also had a balcony, the only problem i found was the distance you have to walk to get to the strip it took us about 30 mins walking to the mgm then though the mgm to excess the strip because off this reason i would not stay here again but if you dont mind the walk its a lovely hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Itinerant Aussie
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

Hideous really. And that was before we discovered the used hypodermic in the closet on check out (no it wasn't left there by our kids). Location was good- if you like that sort of thing. Pools were truly awful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Moonshadow301a
Good Afternoon.

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry that it is on such a negative note. I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you. cdarbey@lv.mgmgrand.com

Los Angeles, California, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

Impeccible service , great spacious clean suites, prime location, fantastic on site dining options, and one of the best pools (MGM) on the strip! I gave the Sleep Quality category 4 stars bc the doors are very heavy and you can hear your neighbor close their door. The room is more like a studio, very homey and spacious. Bathroom is very spacious as well. If you plan on sleeping in, not to worry, your room will get straightened up shortly after requesting it.

Room Tip: No vanity per se. So plan on standing in front of the mirror doing your makeup. Rooms with a balcony...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo