“Stay here”

Signature at MGM Grand
Ranked #12 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I went here for a getaway with my boyfriend. I found a deal on Groupon so it was affordable for us. When you stay at the Signature at MGM Grand you get access to both the Signature pools and the MGM pools. You're allowed to bring in your own drinks into the MGM Pools, just make sure they're in a plastic cup. I recommend you get a cup from Starbucks and then add your mixed drink, that's what we did. It is close proximity to the strip. You can either go through the MGM which links you directly to the strip near New York New York, our you can walk on Harmon which puts you near Planet Hollywood, and across from the Cosmopolitan. Now, let me get to the Cons. Since I booked through a third party I had to call and get permission for early check in. I was told it would be ready by 1pm, then it changed to 2pm without a phone call. The bed wasn't made with a fitted sheet, which makes me think the maids are lazy. The molding on the closet was torn off in one section. I called the week prior to see if i could check in early and if i could get a room with a balcony, and the lady on the phone did not mention the $200 charge for incidentals. I understand they do charge this in Vegas, but a heads up would've been nice. I would stay here again if I found another deal on Groupon. Otherwise, this chick wouldn't pay full price.

Room Tip: the junior suit is nice. no need to upgrade. comes with blender, pots, pans, coffee maker, cooktop...
4  Thank Lauren L
SignatureManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Signature at MGM Grand, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Good Morning.

Thank you for your review! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize however for the shortfalls that you experienced from your third party booking. I certainly hope that this doesn't stop you from returning!

Assistant Manager of Guest Relations

Write a ReviewReviews (12,874)

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Very good location - easy to walk everywhere related to the Strip. Quiet hotel. Nice environment. Lobby is simple but I didn't go to Vegas for a high end lobby. Would stay there again. Amenities were very nice. Concierge was so helpful.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

From Thursday, August 8th, to Thursday August 15th, me and my family travelled to Las Vegas, Nevada, and stayed at the Signature at MGM Grand. It was a great stay! A few things went wrong during that week, however. The first day we entered the room, it was clean and ready for us. There was a kitchenette to our left, with a sink, full sized fridge, oven and lots of storage for food (which we got at a nearby Costco). When we opened the dishwasher, we realized that the last people to stay there, hadn't run the dishwasher, leaving dirty dishes, cups, and cutlery in the dishwasher. We then realized the apartment came with none of that, so we had to order it from downstairs. Not a big deal. Then, we tried to make coffee on the stove with a stove top espresso maker. The stove wouldn't start. We had to call downstairs for an engineer, who came up around 15 minutes later. Later that week, while I went to take a shower, the hot water wouldn't work, so again, we called downstairs. It took two and a half hours to get hot water, so by that time, no one could shower, and we had to leave for dinner. Also, the WiFi wasn't very strong at all even though the router apparently was located in the room next door to ours. You could access wifi for 2 minutes then it would go down. Not very reliable The Signature has 3 towers, and each has a pool, which you have access to. You also have access to the pools at the MGM Grand, being the same company. The apartment itself was great, with 1 bedroom with a bathroom, and a queen sized pull-out couch, with another bathroom 2 steps away. Our balcony looked over part of the strip, and at night, it was surprisingly quiet. There was no casino, which made it nice and quiet at night, and smoke free. The lobby's of all three towers had a small bistro, where you could have breakfast and lunch, and the 1st tower had a Starbucks. Location was good, and it was on the corner of Harmon and Aubrie Avenue. On the first or second night, there was a stabbing of four people at the corner, so there were a bunch of police cars and ambulances, which meant lots of sirens. The TV channels are limited, so they didn't have all the channels we were hoping, but they showed a bunch of old shows like Full House, and George Lopez. One more reminder, is to bring good walking shoes, because I underestimated the amount of walking that there is, which means you get tired fast. Overall, it was a good trip. Another thing to remember is that they charge $25/day per person resort fee which gets tacked onto the bill. Also, the valet parking service was very good and they were fast. With the issues that we had, the hotel responded to them quickly and efficiently. We would definitely return.

Room Tip: There are around 32-35 rooms, so the higher you are, the quieter it is.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jessicamfaiella

Good Morning.

Thank you for your post regarding your recent stay with us! I am delighted to hear that you would stay with us again. I certainly do apologize for the incidents that did happen during your stay however. I am hopeful that your next trip will be flawless!

Have an amazing day!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

This place has been amazing since we arrived ,even upgrading our room. Very pleased so far with three days to go at the resort .location to the strip takes an extra few minutes but the peace makes it worth while .

Room Tip: Tower 1 is closest to MGM
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Enjoyed our stay here and thought rooms were great; large with a great bathroom. The issue was getting them serviced!
On three occasions over a three night stay we had to go to the front desk to ask for one of our two rooms to be serviced.
There is a fairly long walk through to the strip but it's not that far and it was good to get away from the crowds, although we were woken on one night by noisy neighbours as the sound proofing is fairly poor.

Room Tip: If your room hasn't been serviced by 4.30 contact the front desk.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank w0rkingmum
SignatureManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Signature at MGM Grand, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Good Morning.

Thank you for your post. I am very sorry however that it is regarding the lack of service that you received. I would be delighted if you would contact me directly so that I may research this matter further. cdarbey@lv.mgmgrand.com

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We heard about the signature from Trip Avdvisor and checked in for a few days after leaving Wynn's 5 star view and 2 star room. Sadly this was no better. Check takes rather long and they provide some seats for you to wait and sleep. We had a one bedroom with a view of other buildings on the second level. The room size was a bit cramped but acceptable, not very clean.
The room offered a kitchen with, dish washer, small sink, micro wave, coffee maker, stove and all but no clothes washer. The rooms were not quiet at all.
Our major compliant was the location as it was a rather long walk thru zig zagging halls, Getting a taxi was rather difficult and offered long waits, you have a fully equiped kitchen, but stores were not that close.
It would be a good hotel if you have kids that do not want to swim and you do not want inside casinos, but then it would be rather boring for all. We had to leave Signature as it was Friday and they asked for 4 times the rate for just the week end.
We left this 5 star rated place for a 2 star rated hotel that could easily traded some stars with signature as it offered so much more.
If you like to walk and are healthy enough to take the heat, then this could be the hotel for you, provided your stay only lasts the 4 days after the week end.

Room Tip: We had a corner that offered a nice balcony that was good for drying clothes, but it seems any room...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen T

Good Morning.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am very sorry however that it wasn't on a more positive note. I would be delighted to discuss these matters further with you personally. cdarbey@lv.mgmgrand.com .

I look forward to hearing from you.

The best of this hotel:
1) Seclusion from casinos, smoke, and noise
2) Jacuzzi tub!
3) Floor to ceiling windows with excellent views
4) Very easy access to MGM grand and MGM grand pools
5) Valet service

A few cons:
1) Very limited food selection on main floor, and food from the cafe, "Delights" in tower 2 is HORRIBLE! Making this worse, the menu items for room service, Delights, and the Lounge were all almost identical, making it really nearly impossible to get any type of selection. You have to make the long walk to the MGM Grand restaurants to get decent food, or bring and cook your own (if you have a suite with the kitchen), but really who wants to do that on vacation?
2)Tower pools are "eh." I mean honestly the pool at my condo complex is larger than the pools at the towers. You really need to go to the Grand to get a nice pool experience. River pool at the MGM Grand is amazing! Good thing signature guests have full access and it is not too far of a walk. Water gets dirty quick though from so much use.
3) Front desk hosts could be friendlier. I really expected nicer customer service.

Overall-
A good stay. Cab rides to and from major casinos were all $10 or under. We stayed on the 33rd floor facing the mountains and got sunrise views every morning. I stayed at Vdara last year, this was very similar to Vdara in almost every way, except Vdara is more modern and central. Also the TV in the bathroom here is very dated. They should really upgrade bathroom TV's.
I would recommend this place for anyone wanting the Vegas experience without having to deal with casinos, crowds, and smoke.

Good Morning.

Thank you for your great review! I am pleased that you were able to experience a majority of the amenities we have to offer. I am sorry however for the downfalls. I have most certainly brought each comment to management's attention to be addressed and thank you for submitting them.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.