“Wonderful Hotel Experience”

Signature at MGM Grand
Ranked #12 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 24, 2008

I know I am a bit late in writing this but we stayed at th MGM Signature for 7 nights early November 2007 travelling on a Virgin Holidays package.
We originally booked the Wynn and changed our booking after reading Trip Advisor reviews and we were not disappointed.
This is actually three hotels in one, gorgeous gleaming gold buildings rising high in the sky - all connected but each with their own identical spacious reception area. When we checked in we were given a room on the second floor in Tower 1 - one of the main reasons for booking the Sgnature ws the balcony and what use is a balcony on a 2nd floor room! We asked to be changed and were immediatley upgraded to the 35th (penthouse floor) floor of tower two - a little too high maybe but the view was fantastic. The balconies are actually quite small and there are no seats/ table etc.
The suite was fabulous, and the bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in. The Ipod dock came in very handy and the bathroom was huge also with a TV which was enjoyed while in the jacuzzi!
OK so there is a bit of a walk to the main MGM but its nothing - it is 3 moving walkways and takes all of 6/8 minutes and there are TV's along the way to keep you amused. One of the main plus points is that this hotel has a proper entrance - I mean you can go from lift to reception to fresh air in less than a minute - all the others require a long walk through casino's to get outside. A good tip for all the UK travellers especially there is only a coffee machine in the rooms which no matter how much you wash to boil water for tea the coffee taste cannot be removed. We went to Walgreens and bought a $10 electric kettle - perfect, we left it in the room when we left for the next people to use if they wished.

We had room service one night and it was bought in on a table. complete with tablecloth and set out for two - lovely.

Highly recommended

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank bluekit
Write a ReviewReviews (12,929)

Reviewed June 23, 2008

For the price I paid ($159/night) midweek, I would stay again and again! Service was impeccable from the check-in (bellman brought me water as the concierge checked me in) to the turn-down service at night (Fiamme chocolate on the bed, Belgian chocolates and glass with bottled waters on the night stand).

The Suite was huge, there's a jacuzzi tub for 2, separate glass shower and a TV in the bathroom.
I was in town for business and did not use the SS burner or microwave, but I did use the safe and minifridge.

I am on the MGM Mirage email list, and they sent me a link advertising this condo/hotel. One negative: There was a stain in the ottoman at the foot of the bed. I was too tired to switch rooms, but the staff did ask me if I wanted another room.

I stayed at the Bellagio last time I was in Vegas. Bellagio's pool is more elegant, restaurants are better, but you can't beat the deal and the suite. And Joel Robuchon is in the MGM Grand just a 10 minute walk through the walkway.

FYI-There is a non-optional extra $15 per day that covers fitness center, pool access, bottled water, wireless internet access and daily newspaper. I used all of it, so it was worth it, but some people might not like the added charges.

Tip: Ask to stay in Tower #1-it is closer to the MGM, the casino, and the monorail.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank VertigoSeoul
Reviewed June 23, 2008

What can you say about The Signature other than you'll be hard pressed to fault anything about it or the staff.
Its just perfect. Perhaps it a little way to walk to The Strip or the MGM itself but we loved it. Great rooms, Great views, great breakfast, at very reasonable rates and in our case no ques booking in. Cant wait to go back

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank timothyroberttozer
Reviewed June 22, 2008

Oh my goodness, we were SOOO taken care of at the MGM Signature Hotel. We stayed one night there on the back to California from a 9-day road trip. I booked the room from our car, online from my laptop on the day of our stay. The problem was, I booked the WRONG day! I booked Sunday night, and meant to book Saturday night. I booked us at the MGM Grand with an amazing deal/package that was a ridiculously low price and included a $25 dining credit and two free drinks at a MGM bar.

When I realized what I had done, I walked into the MGM Grand and threw myself on their mercy, BUT he MGM Grand was sold out! After the woman at the counter listened kindly to my crazy story, she spoke with her manager and offered me a suite at the Signature for the extremely low rate that I had paid online for the wrong date! I was floored. They even still extended the two package credits to my bill. What excellent customer service!

Our Jr. Suite was in Tower 2 on the 22nd floor. It overlooked the pool and was immaculate and beautifully decorated. Loved the flat screen TV, granite kitchenette, TV in the bathroom facing the whirlpool tub, beautiful art all through the suite and the extremely comfy beds.

We ate dinner at the Rainforest Cafe which was as far away from the Signature towers as you can get in the MGM Grand. I have to agree that the walk was no big deal, even on an extremely crowded Saturday night.

I just can't say enough about how we were treated and how lovely the suite was.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
7  Thank kesposito
Reviewed June 20, 2008

The signature was truly a great experience. Mw wife and I traveled with another couple and at check-in we requested rooms in the same tower. Not only were they able to met that request they put us in side by side suites. The rooms were great and the staff was excellent. I had read some reviews in the past about the rooms not being cleaned sufficently and that housekeeping was lack luster. I think they have there problems fixed in this area because are rooms were always very clean and housekeeping was very friendly. We used the fitness rooms everyday of the stay and there are as good as you will find anywhere. All three towers have there own fitness rooms and pools. The pools are very relaxing and the chairs they provide are excellent. They are cushioned and covered with a towel and they also have towels rolled up for pillows. If you are looking for some good sun in the morning Tower 1 is the spot for you. You also have access to the pool at the MGM Grand but it is crowded and more like spring break but whatever scene you are looking for either relaxation or party you have the option. People talk about the walk to the casino from the towers it isn't bad at all from tower one it takes 6 minutes. Add 1 additional minute between towers. The walkway is enclosed and air conditioned and they also feature moving walkways. It is Vegas so be prepared to walk alot each day no matter where you stay. The cab service here is spectacular. If you go down to the main lobby and request a cab it is there instantly and the cab fares in Vegas are very resaonable. Also it is far easier and cheapier to take a cab from the airport to the hotel rather than taking a shuttle. It was $12 for a cab from the airport. The bell staff was great as well, when we arrived they gathered all our luggage and had it to our rooms promptly after we checked in. They offer a conceirge service be sure to take advantage of this. They will get you tickets to any show you want to attend and make your dinner reservations for you. I would reccomend the Signature to anyone wanting to take a trip to Vegas. We enjoyed our time there and this will be our future destination on all trips to Vegas.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Chew5
Reviewed June 19, 2008

spent 6 nights at the signature hotel in a one bed room suite

room was well appointed

the fact that there is no gambling or casinos around in the hotel is wonderful, and the , mgm is a short walk away ,

staff were friendly

only issue was that we stayed during the Country music awards and i think they were doing a live cross to the today show in new york, which meant at 3am they started playing dumb country muci which thumped through the hotel waking me up

disappointing they were more concerned about national exposure to their hotel than my peaceful nights sleep ;-)

anyway otherwise was fun

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank Michael L
Reviewed June 19, 2008

Stayed here for one night. Booked to stay at MGM Grand, but since it was a one night stay they upgraded me to the Signature. Not only that, they gave me a penthouse suite! Couldn't believe my eyes when I got in the room. The room was awesome, even if it was only for one night.

The good: Obviously, the room. Getting a free upgrade to a penthouse suite without asking for it is always nice. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location is nice if you want "privacy" on the Strip, but that leads to .....

The bad: The location. First off, don't go to the main MGM entrance thinking you can check in to the Signature there. No, you have to go ALL the way to the back, enter a security door, then take about six miles of walking escalators to get the Signature's entrance and check-in. OK, it's not six miles, but it feels that way. It's really an out-of-the-way hotel. But that's what it was designed to be.

I love the MGM Grand. I stay there almost every time I go to Vegas. The addition of the Signature just adds to the enjoyment. It's a great place to stay to get an off-Strip feel and still be on the Strip. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business