“ASHP”

Signature at MGM Grand
Ranked #12 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Very nice hotel. Rooms were fabulous. Lobby was smoke free.
Very long walk to get to the strip. The bathroom was all tile and glass.
Separate room for the toilet. Huge glass shower. Tub big enough for 3 people. Room had frig and oven to cook on. Plates, glass and silverware was available.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Sully1Rigby
Write a ReviewReviews (12,873)

Reviewed December 11, 2012

A respite from the craziness of Vegas when you need one. Close enough to the action, but exclusive enough to decide when to be crazy. Exclusive access to dining, exercise facilities and taxi access well worth it when other hotels make you hustle and elbow your way to get the same. Very professional staff and service welcoming from arrival at McCarron until back there again. Job well done.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The room was fabulous - spacious with a mini kitchen and sitting room area. Staff was very helpful and valet was prompt, courteous and complimentary. If you are not driving, they do not have a shuttle to the strip at this time, but it is only a short walk to the MGM Casino through walkways.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The hotel and rooms are absolutely beautiful. It's a bit of a walk from the strip and the service doesn't always live up to the upscale atmosphere. But, I'd definitely stay there again consider the price and room quality.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Excellent accommodations and service. Offers the convenience of home while vacationing in Vegas. Room Service is expensive but highly recommend it for at least breakfast. Excellent food and coffee. Location is a bit remote from the strip, but the MGM Grand is a quick 10 minute walk through the hotel. Using taxi's to get around was easy since they did not have to fight the "strip" traffic. Hotel is close to airport, convention center and Thomas Mac center. This hotel is the best kept secret of Vegas.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank martha k
Reviewed December 11, 2012

For my first trip to Vegas my parents had already stayed at Signature previously and fell so in love with it that they brought my sister and I. When we got there I could see why. Unfortunately, now every time I go it's the only place I want to stay at. I've been back twice after that with a group of friends, and I think they all enjoyed it as much as my family and I did the first time.

The hotel is beautiful, with three different lobbies each with a unique subtle theme. Check in was quick and the staff was friendly. The rooms are just gorgeous. I've had our rooms facing the strip the first time--which is absolutely stunning at night. Another time we had a room looking out onto the desert but to accompany this beautiful view we had a massive balcony attached! It made for a great place to catch a breather, do a little photo-shoot before heading out and watch a neighbor dance all the way across in the other tower in his Borat swimsuit.

The rooms are clean and very modern. Having a kitchen is what I enjoyed most. I'm fairly frugal and being able to buy groceries/cook my own meals was so wonderful and saved a lot of money (that I could spend elsewhere). The full kitchen is great, pots/pans, cutlery, plates, glasses, etc. I was pleasantly surprised with the half kitchen too; it had a mini fridge and a blender (which I didn’t expect) along with a few other kitchen supplies. The kitchen is also a great for if your planning on staying in Vegas for longer than just a night or two.

The pools are stunning! On my first trip, my sister and I arrived on the Thursday night when there is a weekly "pool party" going on at one of their three pools. There weren’t a lot of people, which was really nice because it wasn’t overcrowded. And despite the smaller crowd, we still ended up meeting a few interesting people who we hung out with later that night.

Another perk of staying at Signature is that it falls under the umbrella of MGM. This means that using MGM's pool, "The Lazy River" is free for Signature guests. The only complaint I heard from my group about this was that it's a bit of a walk, but I don’t think it's even that bad. I mean most of what one does in Vegas is walk. The lazy river is by far the best pool in Vegas. It's the perfect place to go to if you want to tan, relax, float around for a couple of hours and not spend a ton of money. It's so diverse there that if you want a rowdy party scene you’re bound to find an area with younger adults partying. If you’re looking to just chill out (or for the quick beauty nap!), there are other areas that are more peaceful. The only thing that we didn't realize (because someone that left had given us theirs) was that the inner tubes cost money to rent for the hr/day. If you are a group I'd say its fun to get one or two just to have something to hang on to while you float around. If you're looking for absolutely only an adult population (21 years and up) there's Wet Republic only a few steps away in the back corner. Though as for all "pool clubs" if you want to get a formal seat you're going to have to pay--so if you're not willing to, plopping down a towel beside the pool is totally fine. That, or you can just get your flirt on. Either way make sure not to take anything valuable with you so you don't have to feel like you need to stay by your pool side towel the whole time.

The gym facilities are also great. It's fairly small but they have a good variety of machines to choose from. It's been awhile since I was last there in their gym but I do remember it being very clean and fresh. Water and apples are available for guests to take, and fresh towels (with the slight smell of mint) are available for guests to use as well.

From the Signature lobby, it is about a 10-15 minute walk to get to MGM. To get to the strip, it is about a 10 minute walk from Signature’s lobby. My friends and I would often just walk out of the lobby and pass the gate onto the street and we found this walk a bit quicker than going through the hotels. One time we even got a ride from people working there on a golf cart. It made for a cute story.

Anyways, regardless to say next time I'm back, staying at Signature is a must. :)

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank sunchasing
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The rooms are great! Plenty of room and the price is right! The staff are exceptional and always friendly!

I wish there was more of a restaurant located inside one of the towers but it is a close walk to the MGM which has plenty of options. Quick walk or cab ride to the other hotels too. Perfect location!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family