Message from TripAdvisor:

“Clean, Comfy, Lots of Walking”

Signature at MGM Grand
Ranked #11 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed here for a conference at the MGM. If you're attending a conference here, definitely look into staying here.

We stayed in Tower 3, which was about a 10 minute walk to the convention center, From Tower 1, it's about a 7 minute walk. There are moving escalators at the last part. I know it's not that big of a difference, but you might appreciate it after a long day of standing around.

The rooms were huge + well appointed, all come with a kitchenette with sink and electric stove and empty refrigerator. There is also a toaster + coffee maker. (also a starbucks in tower 1!) The rooms + bed sheets were clean. The bed was pretty comfy as well. The only thing is that for the sofa bed, you might want to ask for more sheets + a comforter instead of their blankets, the blankets they provided were a little stained and scratchy.

The hotel is completely non-smoking + non gambling, it's about a 12 minute walk to the MGM casino.

The delish cafe in Tower 2 had some delicious sandwiches,pricey (~$12) for normal life, but average for las vegas.

Room Tip: Tower 1 is closer to the convention center. Fitness centers are in Tower 1 + Tower 3.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Okay here goes: Let's start with the good stuff - always the best way to start.

*Free Valet Parking
*Every Room has a balcony (see below)
*Fast elevators - very efficient
*Windows coated with gold reflective surface so the sun was kept at bay and you don't need to use your curtains to keep out prying eyes. You still need to close your curtains at night to keep out the light though.
*Very spacious bathroom, kitchenette and desk (although the desk was sticky/greasy) - really a spacious room overall.
*Halls and common areas were well decorated.
*A separate Pool for every tower and access to the MGM Grand Pools as well.
*Could not hear the patrons in the floor above or below or next door - very sound proof.

SO WHY THE TWO STAR RATING YOU ASK? WELL HERE'S WHY:

I had booked under my name - Christopher Travers - and my friend with whom I was traveling watched as I did the check-in. The check-in clerk asked that my friend's name be added to the reservation - we did that - and throughout the rest of the stay I was called by his name instead of my own - by everyone! If the person is "added" to the reservation - that person is NOT the person who made the reservation and NOT the person who is paying for the room - most likely. I was not called by my name again during the stay. The hotel takes pride in calling their patrons by name. But every time I picked up the phone for something I was greeted with "How can I help you Mr. Parker?"

The first night - 10/19/12 - a person tried to get into my room ten or fifteen times at 3:00 am or 4:00 am - repeatedly putting his key into my lock and causing the bleeping to occur each time. I was awakened, of course, and could not sleep again. I waited about 20 minutes then decided to see if the person had gone - nope - he was still there - he was asleep lying face-down on the carpet outside my door. I called the front desk and was told by the clerk that this sort of thing happens "QUITE FREQUENTLY" and that since there are three identical towers at The Signature people who have had a few too many drinks mistakenly choose the wrong tower and disturb the guests accordingly. The front desk clerk sent for security and the man was awakened and taken away. I wish I had known this because I would have booked another hotel with better security on the elevator banks at 3:00/4:00 am and saved myself the disturbances. (The Signature cannot distinguish the tower/keys with different colors or some similar thing??? Really? You allow this sort of thing to happen QUITE FREQUENTLY?)

I booked the room originally because of the non-smoking policy as it's so rare to find a non-smoking hotel in Las Vegas - it appears to be the only non-smiking hotel - and for the $75.00 MGM Dining Incentive. We had a meal at THE PEARL and charged it to the room after having been told that the $75.00 would be deducted automatically when we did this. It was not. I had checked out entirely and was in may car exiting the property when *I* remembered the dining credit - checked the "final" bill and saw that NO, the dining credit had not been applied. So I had to go back, park, get back in the check-out line - after having initially waited for 10 minutes in the line to check-out the first time - it was 11:00 am Sunday morning after all - the official check-out time - I then had to wait again to have the matter resolved. If I book a room with a specific dining credit - I expect that credit to be applied automatically and that the credit is not dependant on my memory of the incentive - computers can be programmed to work for the client rather than the hotel - they really can!

Another thing was the room safe. It was locked when we got in the room. We called the front desk and they said they would send a person to open it. They never did. We stayed for two nights and three days and at no time was the safe opened and at no time were we able to use it.

On to the issue of "non-smoking rooms" - On Saturday morning our room was filled with smoke, from poor ventilation I suspect. It was not a whiff of smoke but filled with the smell of smoke. I went to the hall to see if someone might be smoking there. No. The halls were completely clear of smoke. So it can only have been the ventilation system drawing smoke in to my room from other rooms where smoking was occuring against the rules or from the "fresh" air intake from outside. Every time I went onto the balcony on the 30th Floor (!) the pungent smell of cigarette smoke filled the air. Evey time. So perhaps it was the smoke from the smokers on the balconies that was drawn in and filling my room. You like to call yourself a non-smoking hotel, but are you really? Really? My room was filled with smoke. So I feel that is not the case. (This was not the case Sunday morning though - no smoke then - which makes the incident even stranger.)

More: The carpet in 30-705 in Tower Two is greatly worn and the sofa is snagged and ragged from so much constant use.

Room Tip: Pay the upper floor fee. There are some great views from the upper floors.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank cgtravers
SignatureManagement, Manager at Signature at MGM Grand, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Thank you for pointing some of the assets of our Luxury Hotel. We certainly do apologize for you not being recognized by your name on the phone system. That is certainly not our intention and we will look into how that may have happened. I sure it was very annoying to have someone lost and intoxicated at your door. Our Security does respond quickly for our guest’s safety. We are a non smoking Hotel and it’s concerning that smoke was coming in your room. We would have had someone investigate and look into this for you, I’m not sure if you contacted our staff for assistance. We take your comments very seriously in regards to your billing credit and safe and will be looking further into this matter also. Please feel free to contact me personally at aaskins@lv.mgmgrand.com. We welcome the opportunity to improve our services and are very serious in addressing these issues. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again and want to thank you for choosing the Signature at MGM Grand.

Yours in service
Audrey Askins
Manager

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed here when they just opened, so I can imagine it is even better now. We stayed in the one bedroom suite with balcony and jacuzzi. It was classy, beautiful, comfortable, and everything you would expect for a Vegas experience. The biggest plus is because it is located in a seperate tower with entrance, at the end of the night when we cabbed it back to the room, you walk in, jump in the elevator, and walk right to your room - no walking 1000's of feet through gaming to locate the end of the place where your room is located. This is an amazing feature especially when you have been walking up and down the strip all night and all you want is your comfortable bed. :)

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Andy P
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed at the Signature and loved every minute of it. The only downside is it is quite a walk to the MGM casino and all the restaurants! Other than that, it was peaceful and extremely nice. The staff was very helpful with whatever we needed and they were even able to get most of our group on the same floor (with the exception of one room). One mistake we made was telling our initial driver we were staying at the MGM when we were picked up from the airport. The signature has a completely differenct entrance and check-in so we had to haul our luggage from one end of the complex to the other. They offered to take it for us, but we chose not to pay for that service and just did it ourselves.
Beautiful hotel! Definitely enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DSDupree
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I traveled to Las Vegas for an IT conference at the MGM Grand in March 2012. While the conference had setup special rates for attendees at the MGM, I opted to stay at the Signature due to a much lower price and assumed higher luxury - I was not disappointed.

Check-In
Checking is was smooth sailing. My wife and I had just driven up for Palm Springs, so after a 3+ hour trip, we were hoping for a easy check-in. Parking is valet, and is included in your stay at the Signature, so we were greeted by friendly parking attendants who unloaded our luggage for us before I was out of the car. The lady at the front desk was very polite and pleasant, and we were on our way to the room within 5 minutes of pulling in.

Room
The room was absolutely huge! I paid almost half of what the MGM was charging for a deluxe room, but had a suite the size of a small house. Everything was immaculate. There was a small kitchenette (which I did not use), separate wet bar area, jacuzzi tub, enormous shower and enclosed toilet. The room was made up once a day, and sometimes twice.

Location
There is a set of moving sidewalks that connect the Signature to the MGM Grand, and for a fast walker like myself, it would take approximately 15 minutes to walk from Tower 3 of the Signature to the buffet at the MGM (nearly a diagonal city block). The Signature is not a gaming hotel, so if you want to be right in the action, this may seem quiet to you. Given that I was largely in Vegas for work on this trip, I did not mind the quietness or the extra walk.

Amenities
Again, this is a non-gaming hotel, so many of the restaurants/bars/tables/etc that you expect in a typical Vegas hotel do not exist here. The Signature is much more subdued, with a couple of restaurants and a convenience store. For all of my meals and entertainment, I walked to the connected MGM Grand. The Signature does have a pool, but given that I was there in late-March and in a conference during the day, I did not have the time to use it.

Summary
If you want to feel like you're living like a king on a peasant budget and don't mind being a short walk away from all of the action, stay at the Signature.

Room Tip: I don't know if its possible, but if you can reserve a room in Tower 1, that would be your best...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank gentryst
Reviewed October 23, 2012

the only downfall is the walk to the strip. other than that we loved it all. we enjoyed having a kitchen for coffee and breakfast as none of our family likes to eat every meal in restaurants..we had a rental car and also enjoyed the valet parking.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Donna B
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This is my 3rd review of this hotel, I have stayed there at least 5 times, maybe more. When it opened it was fabulous. Rooms are still in good nick, but some services have been downgraded. A $25 DAILY resort fee (formerly $15 per day) will likely ensure that I do not stay at the Signature again. GONE are the massive selection of cable TV channels, no Bravo or other channels which non-US citizens love to splurge on. So if you are tired and decide to stay in, I hope you like A&E marathons of Storage Wars and Parking Wars! (Hey, I love TV, what can I say). GONE is the daily 2 bottles of water left in your fridge. How cheap can you be Signature? They must cost about .30c each!! GONE is the extensive room service menu, down from about 15 pages two years ago, to one page, back and front. Still a decent selection, but boy, has it reduced. Bed is great, pillows are terrible, very flat. The pros are: housekeeping is very good, always has been. Bathrooms are big and fabulous. Security is good, you will be safe here. I had use of the laundry as my stay was over 7 days, but on my last night, access was cut off without my being notified. The Signature is quite a walk through MGM, and that is starting to be off putting to me. Without all the changes which are all negative, I would highly recommend this place. But now I will be supporting the 'no resort fees' hotels, like Caesars, Paris etc. This fee is a scam. If Vegas hotels want to charge more then do that, don't scam our accounts with a 'resort fee', which is just a euphemism for 'pay more money for no return'. I did not use the pools or gym, so it stung me even more. All staff that I encountered were professional and helpful. But farewell Signature, I am moving on......

Room Tip: It's a long walk from the Strip - request Tower A when booking.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo