Stayed here for 10 nights for my wedding from 27th September and found the rooms to be lovely. They are large, luxurious, clean with comfortable beds and an amazing Jacuzzi bathtub.I can't fault the rooms but found the staff miserable, unhelpful and even quite rude at times! Certainly not what i was expecting and they seriously let the hotel down.
On checking in, they claimed they had no room booked for us under our name. This was extremely worrying, as i'd booked and paid in advance nearly 12 months ago! Eventually, they did find the booking so not sure what the problem was initially. I did mention that i was here for my wedding, secretly hoping i might get an upgrade but didn't get so much as a congratulations. One of my bridesmaids stayed in Vdara and mentioned it was their annivarsary so immediately had their room upgraded and got a free bottle of champagne - nice gesture but don't expect this at the signature.
I had requested a room with a balcony so was disappointed that we didn't get one, especially as my parents had been given a room on the penthouse floor with a huge strip facing balcony! I rang reception to ask if i could have a room with a balcony and would even be willing to pay extra but they said they had nothing. Obviously seeing how disappointed i was, my fiancee asked again the next morning and we were fortunate enought to be given a strip facing room with a balcony - probably the only nice member of staff we spoke to the entire time we were there!
I asked about getting my dress steamed at one point and the receptionist pointed outside and told me to ask the bellman. I asked the Bellman who gave me a weird look and said 'how would i know where to get your dress steamed?!' I felt a bit of an idiot to be honest. He suggested i ask at tower 1. Asked at tower 1 who again pointed outside and said ask the Bellman! Eventually got some sense from the concierge who said they could contact an outside company to collect my dress. I was dubious about sending my dress away so ended up ironing it in my room in the end. I was quite surprised this wasn't easier with Vegas being the Wedding capitol of the world but obviously this wasn't the hotel's fault.
After the wedding, we had a champagne delivered to the hotel by friends. They left it with the front desk and we got a message to say there was a package for us. Unfortunately they couldn't find the package and it took a few hours for them to finally locate it and bring it up to the room. I didn't think too much about this to be honest until i went to collect my wedding photgraphs and they couldn't find them! I had an email to say they had been delivered that morning but the guy at the desk just shrugged at me. I explained that these were my wedding photographs!! Still the guy just shrugged and said he had been there for 5 hours and no one had been. I was quite infuriated with this guy and his uninterested attitude. At no point did he contact anyone else to see where else they might be or put my mind at ease they thay would find them. I just got a 'dunno' shrug! Eventually i contacted the photographers, who had to ring in to the receptionist before they were finally located! Wouldn't reccommend you get anything valuable delivered here!
Overall, the staff just seem to be lacking something. I've received better service staying in a local travel lodge than here and i was just expecting a bit more. I've been to the USA a few times and am always impressed by the 'can do' attitude of staff; aways willing to help with a smile and always polite and curtious. The staff are not like that at the signature and there seems to be a 'doom and gloom' amongst staff. It was quite odd.
Unfortunately, i wouldn't stay here again due to the staff. Even though the rooms were fabulous, i imagine if there were ever any problems, they wouldn't be quick to respond!! It's such a shame that i can't give a better review but all 8 of us staying here felt the same way about the staff. Dissappointed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Signature is a world within a world. As your private portal to everything Las Vegas, you're free to indulge in an incredible array of diversions – with one commonality: an elevated level of personalized service. So whether you're grabbing a drink at The Lounge or basking in the private luxury of your own poolside cabana, you'll experience a level of attention and dedicated service that's unsurpassed, right at the heart of the most exciting city on the planet. Truly, this is Vegas at its best. As your gateway to this most incredible of cities, The Signature puts you at the doorstep of Las Vegas' most amazing experiences. Our concierge is just the person to open that door and show you the way through. Allow us to serve your every whim, from show tickets to procuring a table at that must-experience restaurant to making your golf reservations. And when you feel the desire to leave your tranquil escape for the excitement of Vegas, the gaming, nightlife and entertainment of the phenomenal MGM Grand is right next door. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MGM Domestic, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Vegas.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Expedia, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Signature at MGM Grand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Signature Hotel Las Vegas
- Signature Las Vegas
- Mgm Grand Signature
- Signature At Mgm Grand Hotel
- Signature Mgm Grand Las Vegas
- Mgm Signature Las Vegas
- Signature Mgm Las Vegas