Message from TripAdvisor:

“Beautiful hotel but shame about the poor customer service”

Signature at MGM Grand
Ranked #13 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Wirral
“Beautiful hotel but shame about the poor customer service”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Stayed here for 10 nights for my wedding from 27th September and found the rooms to be lovely. They are large, luxurious, clean with comfortable beds and an amazing Jacuzzi bathtub.I can't fault the rooms but found the staff miserable, unhelpful and even quite rude at times! Certainly not what i was expecting and they seriously let the hotel down.
On checking in, they claimed they had no room booked for us under our name. This was extremely worrying, as i'd booked and paid in advance nearly 12 months ago! Eventually, they did find the booking so not sure what the problem was initially. I did mention that i was here for my wedding, secretly hoping i might get an upgrade but didn't get so much as a congratulations. One of my bridesmaids stayed in Vdara and mentioned it was their annivarsary so immediately had their room upgraded and got a free bottle of champagne - nice gesture but don't expect this at the signature.
I had requested a room with a balcony so was disappointed that we didn't get one, especially as my parents had been given a room on the penthouse floor with a huge strip facing balcony! I rang reception to ask if i could have a room with a balcony and would even be willing to pay extra but they said they had nothing. Obviously seeing how disappointed i was, my fiancee asked again the next morning and we were fortunate enought to be given a strip facing room with a balcony - probably the only nice member of staff we spoke to the entire time we were there!
I asked about getting my dress steamed at one point and the receptionist pointed outside and told me to ask the bellman. I asked the Bellman who gave me a weird look and said 'how would i know where to get your dress steamed?!' I felt a bit of an idiot to be honest. He suggested i ask at tower 1. Asked at tower 1 who again pointed outside and said ask the Bellman! Eventually got some sense from the concierge who said they could contact an outside company to collect my dress. I was dubious about sending my dress away so ended up ironing it in my room in the end. I was quite surprised this wasn't easier with Vegas being the Wedding capitol of the world but obviously this wasn't the hotel's fault.
After the wedding, we had a champagne delivered to the hotel by friends. They left it with the front desk and we got a message to say there was a package for us. Unfortunately they couldn't find the package and it took a few hours for them to finally locate it and bring it up to the room. I didn't think too much about this to be honest until i went to collect my wedding photgraphs and they couldn't find them! I had an email to say they had been delivered that morning but the guy at the desk just shrugged at me. I explained that these were my wedding photographs!! Still the guy just shrugged and said he had been there for 5 hours and no one had been. I was quite infuriated with this guy and his uninterested attitude. At no point did he contact anyone else to see where else they might be or put my mind at ease they thay would find them. I just got a 'dunno' shrug! Eventually i contacted the photographers, who had to ring in to the receptionist before they were finally located! Wouldn't reccommend you get anything valuable delivered here!
Overall, the staff just seem to be lacking something. I've received better service staying in a local travel lodge than here and i was just expecting a bit more. I've been to the USA a few times and am always impressed by the 'can do' attitude of staff; aways willing to help with a smile and always polite and curtious. The staff are not like that at the signature and there seems to be a 'doom and gloom' amongst staff. It was quite odd.
Unfortunately, i wouldn't stay here again due to the staff. Even though the rooms were fabulous, i imagine if there were ever any problems, they wouldn't be quick to respond!! It's such a shame that i can't give a better review but all 8 of us staying here felt the same way about the staff. Dissappointed!

Room Tip: Tip - At weekends the pool area gets quite busy and most of the 'free' sunbeds get taken ear...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Cheryl H
SignatureManagement, Manager at Signature at MGM Grand, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Congratulations to you and yours on your wedding day! Thank you so much for providing the detail about your experience as this gives us the opportunity to address your concerns. We take guest comments into consideration and use them as tools for continued success. We deeply apologize for the shortcomings and that we did not meet your expectations. Our management team would like to discuss your comments if you would so kindly contact me personally at aaskins@lv.mgmgrand.com. We take you very seriously and you are a valued guest. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again and want to thank you for choosing the Signature at MGM Grand.

Yours in service
Audrey Askins
Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,197)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Really enjoyed our stay here. Had no issues from the time we arrived. We stayed in Tower 2 and all of the staff we encountered we're very polite and helpful. It is however a very long walk from the signature out to the strip via the MGM grand but there is plenty to look at a long the way. The access to the pool at MGM Grand was great as well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Donna H
Colorado
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We have stayed at the Signature about a dozen times over the years. (And often multiple times a year.) Since we are originally from LV & return often to visit family, we are not typical LV visitors. We really appreciate the Signature's lack of smoke on the property, and not having to walk through a smoke-filled casino to get to our room.
We have found the property to be consistently well-maintained, comfortable, & even a little luxurious...especially compared to other hotels on the Strip.
Front desk, valet, bellmen, room service & housekeeping personnel are always enjoyable. (Also rare in LV.)
This best thing is that they still maintain those standards today and are not "aging out" as many Las Vegas properties do.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank COArtist
Roswell, Georgia
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This is a nice property and having a kitchen and not needing to navigate a smoky casino to go anywhere is a huge bonus. But there were several little things that I wouldn't have expected. I don't want to sound nit picky but don't know a better way to give a useful review than to list the issue so readers understand with real examples. First, this property is not on the strip, it is a good hike to the strip. The tower we were in blocks the sun from the pool until noon so if you want to spend some morning time at the pool don't stay here. Our shower was broken and required a visit from maintenance before it worked. The maid didn't vacum, the jacuzzi by the pool bleached our bathing suits really ruining them and the valet was at times good and at times rude and pathetic even yelling at us.
So that said, little things, it is a nice property and we enjoyed the off the strip vacation. The room was very comfortable, internet included, great pools.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fritz_the_1st
Newburgh, New York
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We recently stayed at the Signature in Tower 1. Beds were comfortable, bathroom great, decor very nice. The TV in the living room did not work ( although the one in the bathroom did) but we weren't really in the room a lot so that wasn't an issue. Pool at Tower 1 on the small side and gets crowded at times.

I do take exception to the "resort fee". It's mandatory and they don't make it clear when you check in that it's $25.00 per day plus tax. It's for wifi, the fitness center, newspapers ( which are in a pile in the lobby, not delivered to your room). We did not use any of this and while our travel companion got her fee reversed, the nasty girl I spoke to would not reverse our fee. We chose the Signature because we wanted a non gaming hotel. In the future, I might comparsion shop about additonal fees to determine it's it's worth staying here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank emartin106
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

My family (hubby & 3 kids) stayed here on our last leg of our 3 week holiday thinking that it would be a great way to end our journey....we were left feeling disappointed. We requested adjoining suites and were told by our travel agent that The Signature won't guarantee this request but as we booked and paid 6 months in advance our request wouldn't be a problem-WRONG! We arrived at about 9pm after a long drive from San Diego to be told that we had 2 rooms booked on different floors from each other! This was disappointing for us (as my husband and I had to split up with our children) and I asked the girl at reception if there was a better solution (perhaps on the same floor?) and we were met with a very icy look and a "no". She acted like we were getting the very last rooms in the hotel (fully booked? I doubt it). So we went our separate ways in the hope that adjoining suites would be available the next day. Now the rooms were lovely with very nice beds and pillows and the space was very clean which was expected for the 4 star rating.
The next morning my husband went down to try and secure two rooms together and what a fiasco that was. Again we were greeted with icy looks and aloof attitudes and every staff member kept telling us that there were "no guarantees".."call back in an hour"..."come back at check out time"..and finally "we will call you if two rooms become available". So after stuffing us around for most of the day, we decided to check out Las Vegas until they called us. At around 5pm with no phone call we headed back to see what was going on. Well funnily enough there were some rooms ready for us but in a different tower so with out so much as a smile, we were given keys and told to pack our bags and move ourselves to our new rooms.
Finally we were happy with our adjoining suites for the next 3 nights. Lots of room for the kids and peace and quiet for us. So yes we finally got what we wanted but the hard work to get there wasn't really worth it. I was very disgusted that the staff never once apologised for the inconvenience, didn't try to go out of their way to help come to a solution and barely gave us the time of day when we needed their help. This was by far the worst service we received in all of our hotel stays across America and we won't be staying here again. We've been to Vegas before and there are much better hotels to spend your money at.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Carley V
SignatureManagement, Manager at Signature at MGM Grand, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Signature. It really concerns us how you felt about the service and I can tell you we take this very seriously. We deeply apologize and would like to discuss this further with you. I can confirm that our Hotel occupancy has been very high as your travel agency advised in regards to guarantees. Please feel free to contact me personally to discuss the details of your experience at aaskins@lv.mgmgrand.com. Our goal is to ensure your satisfaction and have you as a return guest of the Signature at MGM Grand.

Yours in service
Audrey Askins
Manager
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We were in Vegas for a convention/vacation and had our two kids with us. Our room, in Tower Three, was large, clean and well-equipped with a stocked kitchenette and two bathrooms. We did not spend much time at our hotel but did find all the staff we encountered to be friendly and helpful. The Signature is connected to the MGM Grand so you can get to the Strip via the hotel walkways and through the Grand but unless you need to go to the southern end of the Strip, it's nicer to go out the front door and take Harmon Ave. That would be the parent-with-young-kids perspective. All in all, the hotel served us well.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family