“Oasis of calm on the Strip”

Signature at MGM Grand
Ranked #12 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I stayed at the Signature for a couple of nights with my husband before a road-trip through Arizona. What a fantastic hotel - we had a suite with a balcony view of the Strip and it was perfect. Large, luxurious and minimalistic allowing plenty of space for all our luggage. We had breakfast in the small cafe within the hotel and although there wasn't a huge veggie choice it was freshly cooked and tasty. We didn't go to the main MGM pool as it was extremely crowded but each Signature tower has its own pool and these were always clean, calm and quiet. With cocktail service and plenty of fresh towels it was great. If we return to Vegas we would stay here again.

Room Tip: I think it's worth paying a little extra to get a balcony room - the view is amazing.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (13,026)

Reviewed September 15, 2012

At first, we planned to staty at Wynn/Encore or Venetian, but we missed the promotion. After considering the total price, we decided to stay 4 nights at Signature at MGM. The outlooking of Signature at MGM is not good as Cosmopolitan or Aria and its location is also a little bit far away from strip. But when we went to the room, both of us like the room. It's quite comfortable and convenient with whole kitchen facilities. I'm pretty satisfied with the stay at Signature of MGM. If I have to tell you some disadvantages, I would say the location and transportation. It took us too much time from Signature at MGM to MGM grand. Honestly, I thought every hotel in Vegas is quite good and special. Next, I'd like to try some other hotels like Cosmopolitan, Wynn, or Aria. Hope my comment really help you to choice a decent hotel in Vegas. Enjoy your vacation~~~

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2012

what a place far enough from the casino and peacefull at night went my first time to vegas definitely will return to this property concierge topnotch housekeeping superb any issues taking care of at once rented a car put it in the valet they were super what a service there is no better place to be thanks mgm signature for making this a memorable vacation

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Me and my girlfriend stayed at the Signature for 2 nights earlier this week.

We booked a junior suite with balcony through Blue Chip Vegas and when we arrived (around mid-day) the girl on reception informed us that because we were with Blue Chip there was no chance of checking in until 3. Fair enough, we asked if thy could hold our baggage while we went to the pool. She said that's fine. All good so far.

We were on holiday with my family and had a lot planned that day so we went out after the pool and got a shower in my Mum's room at Excalbur. We didn't arrive back to Signature until after midnight. We were given a room in tower 2 by the guy on reception. We had earlier been informed we would be in tower 3, when I enquired this he couldn't tell me why we had been changed. All soon became clear.

We got to our room, which was nice enough. Reasonably big with a kitchenette and a big bathroom with stand in shower and a jacuzzi. The decor was a bit dark and depressing but that was fine. So a nice room...until I looked out of the window, to see that there was no balcony. That's weird, I thought, there must have been a mistake.

We went to reception to sort it out, upon which we were informed that because we had booked through Blue Chip, all we could do was to ring the company and ask to be changed to one of there other rooms. There was NOTHING that Signature could do about it. It became apparent that we had been allocated a room in tower 3 with a balcony and then the Signature had given it away and fobbed us off with a standard junior suite. At least this is what we feel had happened, why would we have suddenly been given a different tower otherwise??

Anyway, we called Blue Chip and were told that a rep would contact us on the following day to sort it out. Guess what...no-one called us.

Also on this same night we had asked for our baggage to be sent our room and had to go back down to reception twice to ask again even after chasing them up on the phone.

On the upside, the tower 1 pool area was nice and relaxing.

I will be putting a complaint in to Blue Chip and hopefully can get some kind of compensation as I am not happy that I did not get what I paid for. Whether this is Blue Chip's fault or Signature's fault I do not know, but put a dampener on an otherwise great trip to Vegas.

Oh and I would advise to stay at the Tropicana instead, that's where we spent our first 5 nights and we wish we had stayed there.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
SignatureManagement, Manager at Signature at MGM Grand, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, Steven. On behalf of Blue Chip Management and The Signature at MGM Grand, we sincerely apologize that you did not receive the room with the balcony that you were expecting upon your arrival. After looking into this situation, it was determined that the room assignment had to be changed prior to your arrival due to the previous guest extending their stay. Please understand that in no way was The Signature attempting to give away a room that you had reserved, and does not control the room inventory of Blue Chip Management suites.

I have spoken with Blue Chip Management in regards to your request for compensation, and they will be happy to provide appropriate compensation based upon the situation that you experienced in hopes of providing an appropriate resolution. Please reach out to them directly at 702.606.7475, at your convenience.

Thank you for sharing your positive comments in regards to the Tower 1 pool area. We look forward to the future opportunity of welcoming you back to The Signature at MGM Grand.

Valerie Rubenstein

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Stayed on saturday of labor day weekend. Suite in tower 1 was very good, but main pool was a real mess with empty drinks and used towels everywhere. Good place for a larger group to stay but not very peaceful or grown up!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
SignatureManagement, Manager at Signature at MGM Grand, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2012

Rachael,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your experience at The Signature at MGM Grand! I'm glad you enjoyed your suite, although I sincerely apologize that you were not impressed by the main pool. For future visits, please note that each tower at Signature also has a pool, which is generally less crowded than the MGM Grand pool. Tower 1 is currently reserved as an adult-only pool experience, with all guests required to be 18 years of age or older, while Tower 2 & Tower 3 are available as family friendly environments.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Signature in the future!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Loved staying here. Nicely appointed Studio Apartment. Kitchenette, large bathroom with TV and Jacuzzi tub, double sinks and separate toilet. Nice gym downstairs and pool. Cafe type restaurant in lobby area and a Starbucks. MGM and all their restaurants and casino are a 10-15 min walk inside. Never stayed at a place where I didn't hear any noise in hall or upstairs or outside!!! Great location!
Booked it through Getaroom.com and got a great deal

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2012

This was our second stay at the Signature Suites and we still love it here. This time we stayed in Tower 1 and loved that we were even closer to the MGM than when we stayed in Tower 3. We had booked the junior suite (we stayed in the 1 bedroom last time) but when I checked in very early at 11 am the room was ready and they had upgraded us to a 1 bedroom corner penthouse suite on the 37th floor! What an unexpected treat! The strip view was unbelievable from this room at night. It was a short stay this time, wish we could have enjoyed the room more than we did.

I did use the pool and it was very quiet but no shade at all. I just stayed in the water the whole time! The staff and service was excellent and friendly everywhere. As far as the walk to MGM, it took exactly 5 minutes to get to the City Walk with all the restaurants and another 5 minutes to the casino floor. No big deal at all. We love this place and will be returning!