“You get what you pay for. Clean. Simple.”

Knights Inn Las Vegas
Knights Inn Las Vegas
Ranked #189 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed June 11, 2007

What do you expect for the price you pay? I own a small business and when I am in town for a convention that is ALL I am there for. For this reason, I find the rooms clean and the place safe enough for my own comfort level.

There are two pools now that they bought the old Howard Johnson's and it is very close to the airport (there is very little noice as well).

I found many of the travelors are from Europe on tight budgets but very pleasant people.

I am in the cleaning business and look at rooms much more directly than you would. The surface dirt was non-existant, behind the chairs, under the bed was clean (I was shocked!). The towels were on a scale of 10 a 2. They were clean however, but stained. I took out my washroom test kit and checked out the level of pH on the linen and they were within specs. They just need to upgrade to new linen and get a detergent supplier that knows how to wash linen. I expect that not it is a naional chain they will get better and better each year.

The room I stayed in 132 had clean carpet and nicely tiled bath area. Good hot water and a shower head that did not rip the skin off your back as some of the water savings one do!

This is why I gave it an above average rating. It is clean enough for what you pay for and safe enough to have a good night sleep.

If you are looking for more then go to a bigger hotel and pay a bigger price!

One of the big draws is that it is close to the best burger joint in town! The In and Out Burger by the interstate off Tropcania! What fun!

On a closing note, the front desk people were very nice and smiled with ease. What may have been a poorly run hotel is now well managed and perfect for those on a tight budget!

Stayed: June 2007

Reviewed May 28, 2007

I wish there was a rateing less than 1. This "Hotel" doesn't eve deserve that much!!
My future brother-in-law booked my mother and me a room at the Knights Inn "Hotel" over Memorial day weekend for his and my sister's wedding in Vegas. We checked in Friday, 25th of May. Well first off, we got into Vegas around 9am. We knew it was too early for check in, but thought we'd give it a shot. Afterall, some places are willing to give early check in's to travelers with reservations. Since my brother-in-law is the one that booked the roem, he decided that he would be the one to go in and ask about it. They told him that there would be no problem at all. So, he came out and told my mom that since the room was atually under her name, she would have to be the one to check in. When my mom went to do so, she was told that she couldn't check in early and whoever told her that she could, was lieing. We decided to just go to my sister and brother-in-law's room and wait for the check in time.
When we finally got into our room, we wished we hadn't!
There wasn't a trash can to be seen or a remote for the t.v. to be had anywhere in sight.
When I turned on the water to take a shower, the head was spraying everywhere. It was hitting the ceiling and the wall by the toilet. When I stepped in I had a choice of 3 heat levels:
Scold
Boil
Melt
Below, however, there was only 1 heat level:
Non-existant
The bathroom light kept flickering on and off. So at least half of my shower was spent in the dark.
When I tried to get drink of water from the sink, the knob came off in my hand. I know I'm not Shera, so I know that I didn't break it.
We were supposed to have my best friend and my sister's 4 children in our room during our stay. We needed more towels, pillows and blankets for this to be plausible.
After requesting for those 3 items plus the missing trash can and remote 5 times, I decided to go to the front desk and ask for them personally, instead of over the phone or asking the non english speaking house keeping people like we had been. The lady at the desk called the house keeping guy and told him what we wanted. He said he would have it there in 5 minutes. After 20 minutes, my nephew went to the storage closet where he saw the guy just standing around smoking and asked him for our stuff. The guy gave him 1 blanket, 2 towels, 2 pillows and said that there are no extra trash cans or remotes for our room.
During the evening, we had an unexpected visitor. Some guy just walked right into our room while we (luckily) were all sitting there eating our dinner. He asked if the room number was 412. We confirmed that it was, and he left. We never did figure out what the hell that was all about.
The mattress' didn't have side panels. You could see straight into the springs. Everytime you got onto the bed, the top mattress slide off of the bottom one.
Saturday morning, we all decided to move to another hotel.
However, we had to make sure that it was alright with my brother-in-law, since he paid for the room for Friday and Saturday night. We needed to be positive that he would be able to get his money back for the night unused. He was told that since he booked through Travelocity, he would have to take it up with them. He said that he would just keep the room and give it to one of his friends that wanted to stay that night after the wedding but couldn't find a room in time.
We moved to the Alexis Hotel Resort, which happened to be the same place as the wedding. The room was EXCELLENT!! Highly recommend this Hotel Resort.
My new brother-in-law gave over the room key to him buddy for the Knights Inn. Everything was settled. Until his friend went to the room. The Knights Inn had doubled booked that room and there was someone else already in it.
That entire place is a run down rat trap. Unclean, unkept, unworthy of anyone spending thier money on it. Why should we, when not even they will!!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank RKHB80
Reviewed April 21, 2007

After an hour of driving in circles, we finally found the lobby to this place, not on Swenson but on Paradise. Check in with my confirmed reservation and credit card imprint was relatively uneventful but upon reaching our room, we knew this place was not going to be good news. Everything about it was shabby (at best), the carpet was filthy, the walls were stained and we couldn't stop the water from running in the toilet. Oh well, suck it up and try to get some sleep after a long day of flying. That lasted until 2 am, when we were woken up by someone rattling the door and trying to get in. This lasted about ten minutes, stopped for five then started up again. This time though, it sounded like an employee was trying to get in. Fed up, I yelled out that the room was occupied and was asked to identify myself. I opened the door a crack, told the "security guy" who I was and was told I was not registered. He left, but came back a few minutes later banging on the door. He told me I was illegaly in the room and had two choices, 1) vacate the room immediately or 2) he would call the police and have me arrested. Having had enough I told him we would go to the lobby and straighten this out. The desk however had no record of me and no imprint of my credit card. They finally located my online reservation and checked me in, demanding a second imprint of my credit card over my protests. Finally, back to bed at 3:30 am with no sleep for the rest of the night. And guess what, double billed for the room when I got home and checked my visa charges. This place may be cheap, but trust me, it's no bargain! Never again.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
7  Thank TravellerEdmonton
Reviewed March 29, 2007

I actually booked this hotel, before I read up about it, so when I came here to see how it actually was, I was horrified. It was no surprise when I checked in, I feared the worst. After getting my key, going up the stairs, and being in front of my door, I carefully inserted the card, turned the knob, and took a deep breath.

The room I had booked for, was exactly what I had booked for, a Cozy room. The room came with a massive King Sized bed, a Microwave, a Refrigerator, Coffee maker, TV, everything as described on the website. All of that, for a decent price, even through the weekend.

I have to admit there was a couple of things that were "off" but not really going to change my view, or hopefully anyone else's view about it, but my room didn't come with a TV remote, and there was this small red mess on the wall, oh well. As far as I know "Knights Inn" is a budget hotel chain, so I would've been expecting things like that. I did get a nice view of the Stratosphere, among other parts of the strip, so thats another good point. Also the shuttle system worked better than described by fellow reviewers, its more "On-Demand" than "Complain to the guy at front desk for shuttle" The Van does have to travel between two properties.

As far as I can tell, this Hotel has cleaned up its act, Its now fully a Knights Inn, the main office is located off of Paradise, not Swenson. And its a great alternative to any hotels that are located on the strip.

I recommend this Hotel, to anyone wishing to save money, with an open mind for "Budget Hotels"

5 out of 5