“Room OK, I would not bring any kids here” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Knights Inn Las Vegas

Knights Inn Las Vegas
We can't find prices for this hotel
Knights Inn Las Vegas
Ranked #185 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Columbia, MO
“Room OK, I would not bring any kids here”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2008

I stayed in Jan 2008 as an attendee of the The Home Entertainment Show (an "offshoot" of CES). I have never been to this hotel and, although I can afford better, I really wanted a bargain since I planned to be out and about during most of my stay. I booked this hotel through it's internet website and was clearly foolded by the photos which cast an artificially pleasent light on the hotel which was rundown. As an adult male traveling alone and using the room only as a place to sleep and shower, I found the accomodations just barely OK. I have stayed in many differnt kinds of hotels, from 5 star luxury resorts to Super 8 and Motel 6. They all have their plusses and minuses.

The pro's: it is dirt cheap and close to the airport. The doors lock. The heater worked (even too well) as did the TV. The hot water was hot, the toilet flushed and towels/soap were available. You can buy beer in the bar attached to the lobby and drag it to the room to help alleviate all the con's you are constantly aware of below.

The con's: Sometimes, you get what you pay for. It was difficult to find since it has two entrances fromon two main one way streets. The lobby was rundown and dirty (but adequate). The desk clerks were sufficient to check you in and check you out but did seem disinterested. There is a self pay via vending machine breakfast which I never utilized. Walking into the room, I immediately felt like I was in a cheap room. My room was a bit dingy and a bit gross (reasonably clean comensurate with the price of the room). There were some light stains in the bathroom porcelin. No internet but a small cubby to work on a PC, etc. I always travel with a tiny febreeze to help with the smells which were tolerable in my room. The bedspread felt gross(good thing I didn't have a black light). There were people hanging around at all hours...some of them appeared pretty shady (although I am well aware one cannot judge a book by it's cover...there were some pretty "rattily covered books" around this place). I would be uncomfortable leaving my wife there alone and I would never consider bringing my children here unless I was desperate for a place to sleep for one night and had no alternatives. I always left my curtains closed to eliminate the possibility of some looking into my room and seeing my camera, laptop, etc. The closest ice maker was broken and the next closest one was quite a ways away...and there were a few nights when I met some creepy glares and stares while I was getting ice. Outside noise was easily heard...fortunately, I am a heavy sleeper but I am sure the rooms have the potential to be intolerably noisey depending largely on who else is staying at the hotel. Truth be told, the last time I stayed at a Motel 6, the noise of screeming, running children was much worse than the noise I experienced here. I stepped out of my room early one morning to find beer bottles strewn all around and on my extereior windowsill. I stayed in an upper level room on the side of the hotel far opposite from the side where the front desk is located. At night, walking to the lobby felt like walking through seedier parts of Hollywood...and it was a bit of a walk since the hotel is so elongated and there was no straight shot to the lobby....you would have to walk through the potholed parking lot (which was desperately in need of resurfacing), then inside around dark corridors and then along the outside perimeter past everyone loitering and...well, you get the picture. The upper level sidewalks leading to the rooms were cracked, uneven and clearly rundown.

If you are a single adult male (or a group of adults), not planning on a long stay, don't want to spend money and plan to spend your nights and days wondering all over the Strip (or wherever) and aren't bothered by a few shady characters, the hotel will suffice. If you want a place off the strip and near the airport, this will work too. If you want to feel comfortable and relaxed, there will be better offerings elsewhere, especially if you want to bring your family.

• Liked — cost
  • Disliked — the seedy, grundgy feel of the entire facility
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
7 Thank jgm3000

• Korean first
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2008

I booked a room for one night on the Fourth of July through travelworm.com. Once I arrived, I pretty much instantly decided there was no way in heck that I was going to stay there, in the interest of my personal safety. The unlit parking lot with many many disreputable-looking people watching my every move would have been enough to convince me. If not, the police activity would have done so. Stay away from this place.

• Liked — absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — this was the MOST unsafe-looking place I have EVER seen
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
6 Thank booinla

Travelers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

hamilton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2008

I should have listen to the other reviews that I read. I didn't and soon found out myself what they were talking about. We arrived into vegas late and were tired from the travelling and the time difference. Got our car and then found the hotel and were happy that it was close. That was until I went into the lobby. I could tell right away that they place was old and tired, and needs a face lift. The staff at the counter were not pleasant and gave the impression that they didn't really want to help or even be there. I kept telling myself that it was only for one night. But really that should not have mattered. So got our key and were told where to find the room. After driving around the building four times and fighting with my hubby we both finally realized that the room was not going to be on the exterior of the units but was down a lane way and we had to park and walk to our door. OK...so everyone has to walk to the door, but we expected to find the room facing the parking lot. At least that was the impression that I was given. Once in the room the it was even more tired. It was clean but old and smelly. The walls were paper thin, and you could hear every foot step from above you. The remote for the tv was missing and I was concerned that they would think that I took that I made a point of going back to tell the office that it wasn't there. Needless to say I didn't really have a good nights rest. I have stayed in many places in Las Vegas and this was the worst place that I have ever stayed in. I will never stay here again, and strongly recommend that no one else stay there. I don't usually write reviews but I couldn't let this pass without warning others that might think that it s a good place to stay. DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Liked — the fact that it was close to the airport
  • Disliked — staff, and not kept up
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank mrsbhob
Wailuku, Hawaii
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2008

This place was terrifying! We stayed here for our last night because it was so near to the airport and we had a very early flight! It wasn't worth it! I'd pay twice as much as we did to have a decent inn. I reveiwed their website and it seemed pretty average for an airport hotel...far from it! I kept telling my husband that it seemed like the type of place you see on those murder shows...or hotels that drug dealers live in! Very creepy! We stayed here for 3 hours and left. Never again! I advise you...pay the money and feel SAFE! On top of that, the staff were completely unprofessional and offensive. Terrible!!

• Liked — Easy Airport Access
  • Disliked — Everything, this place was a nightmare!
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank joyjoy13
Seattle
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2008

This hotel was okay for atleast the price I paid but the hotel sucked! The hotel clerks were very rude at all times, I asked for a non-smoking room when I booked it and when I arrived, not only did they put us way in the very back of the building, but also gave us a smoking room, the hot water did not work, there was a constant knocking thru out the walls at night, when you flushed the toilet it would give a loud screeching noise for a long time and then fade out eventually, they have ride times where they would take you to the strip and when you show up your told you have to wait a hour or 2 for the shuttle, its like, why have the times posted up and not go off that? They have a pop machine with high prices then normal and ohhhhhhhhhhhh, just so you know, taxi drivers do not like to go to this hotel, due to they say its hard to get back to the strip, or normal streets, so good luck.... theres no iron and if you want to loan one you have to give them your ID, the beds are hard.......overall....it sucked big time and I wished I had paid a few extra dollars for a better hotel! If you don't care about what I have said of what was wrong then this is the hotel for you, the price was coo, but if this will be your first time in vegas.....don't do it!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank chanele082599
AZ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2008

In the future I would stay away from this motel. The alarm clock was unplugged when I entered the room. I got the time working but the alarm would not work. I called the desk to ask for a wake up call and for a remote control for the TV. Also to complain that the reception was really bad except one channel. They said that all remotes had been given out. As I was the second person to check in I feel they should have offered a remote then. Also, the wake up call never came. Thank God I woke up in time. I would have hated to pay an extra day for such an unrelaxing experience. Motel 6 is much better. I didn't even think of taking a shower in their disgusting shower. Yuck!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank jinky1353
Midlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2008

Stayed here for new years eve. We didn't want to pay the extortionate prices demanded from the strip hotels.

We paid £70/$140 for a twin room which was quite cheap for new years eve. This however was definitely a "you get what you pay for" scenario.

This place is run down, the linen had cigarette burns/rips in it and the carpets were stained.

The only good point was the location. It was only a 35-40 minute walk back from the MGM grand after the new years celebrations.

Unless you are desparate, stay away! The only thing that kept me going was knowing that I would be staying in the Luxor the next night.

• Liked — Location. It was
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family