“Bad Promotion”

Ranked #134 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
cincinnati, ohio
“Bad Promotion”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2008

Some positive and some negative-- We arrived early and were able to check in and the process was very quick with no one else in line. Booked directly with hotel because they were having a 200 dollar free casino credit...dont be lured in by this promotion....only certain slot machines included and I dont think anyone has ever won.... cant cash out when you do win. BAD promo. , and should not be deciding factor in booking this hotel. Hotel is very close to airport, so cab fare was only about 13 dollars. However, far away from Old Downtown Vegas..cab fare 30 dollars with tip. BED is awesome..shower had NO NO NO pressure at all...took 20 minutes just to take quick shower. We were on the 19th floor though. Not a huge pool area, about 50-100 guests max or there would be to many people... Only had one bartender on a Saturday and with the huge group there had a hard time getting drinks. perfect just to lay out and jump in to cool off. Water had a dirty film on top..could have been from the huge group of people there . Loved the hooters wings!! Always good... Breakfast buffet 9.95, kind of expensive, but convenient. not sure if they have a dinner buffet. ALWAYS a cocktail waitress to get drinks in casino area and at inside bar. that was nice, the bigger hotels you could hardly find one on your own. C lose to MGM, Tropicana, Excalibur and New York New York. Other hotels a bit of a walk. Overall, I would say that if I had not been lured in by promo I would have stayed elsewhere. Would only stay there again if I get hotel FREE or around 30-40 a night total.

• Liked — Awesome Bed
  • Disliked — Bad hotel Promotion
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dp000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (523)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2008

We decided to stop at Hooters as last year some of the party that we went Vegas with stopped there and really enjoyed it.
I can honestly say that i didn't have a problem with the hotel at all.The location was great,the room was large and spacious and had the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in!!The pool was also great.Its location at the southern end of the strip was really handy and considering the price of some of the hotels in the vicinity it was really good value for money.The main benefit though was the size of the hotel,it was not too big.I've been to other hotels in Vegas and it takes ages to get to the room.
We had a brilliant time and would definately stop again next time we're in Sin City.
The only compliants i can make are the dirty carpets in the corridors and Dan Marinos wasn't the best but who cares,Vegas is full of restaurants.

• Liked — The Bed,Fantastic
  • Disliked — Dirty carpets in the corridors
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank the_gamekeeper
Heidelberg
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2008

We stayed at Hooters in September 2007. Had booked the bungalow category by the poolside which had some downsides but then, on the other hand, was really cheap. I guess you get what you pay for. The room was clean, however, the carpets in the bungalow part of Hooters were horrible - both on the corridors and in the room. Dirty and smelly. Another downside was that there was no fridge in our room. We did, however, really like the pool are. Had great fun at the casino, too and enjoyed the restaurant. Service was good. It is very close to the strip but a real budget alternative if you do not want to pay the prices for the big hotels on the strip. Overall, I can recommend this place. You might not want to chose the bungalow category though :-)

• Liked — Good location
  • Disliked — In desperate need of new carpeting (bungalow category)
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank travelchick2308
Oahu, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2008

We were in the 2nd floor bungalow facing the pool. Yes, we had a real balcony! The bed was comfy, the view was great, but we didn't spend too much time in there, it WAS Vegas after all! We had a great time gambling there at Hooters as well as other places but after a long day of fun in the sun our bed was soooo comfy, sleeping wasn't an issue. (The pool music does turn on at 10am or so though...)

• Liked — The pool and comfy bed
  • Disliked — No wifi in room
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2008

I arrived at Hooters at 9am, but was not allowed to check in until 4pm. This is a somewhat small hotel in Vegas standards, so do not plan for an early check-in!

The casino is rather small, but the hotel is in a nice location being near to MGM Grand, New York New York, Tropicana and Excaliber.

The hallways are dark with old stains on the carpeting. But the rooms are decent, clean and lively with the Hooter's orange decorated interior. Not too many outlets for portable radios and charging for cell phones. The bed was very very comfortable. The floor was very quiet. Housekeeping service efficient.

Hooter's restaurant was great with the best chicken wings.

Cocktail servers were great and Hooters has the best spicy Bloody Marys!

The S.A.S.S. spa was great! I highly recommend either massese, Danielle or Lora. They both have different techniques but Lora was rather rough with the shoulder massage. I would recommend Danielle.

There's no TV checkout, so plan on going to the front desk to handle that.

Hooters is near McCarran, so I would suggest that visitors cab it instead of using an airport shuttle.

• Liked — Spicy Bloody Marys
  • Disliked — Did not get my advertised Owl doll!
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank Janet C
Redlands, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2008

I was comped 2 nights based on some play I had done earlier in the month. I played for 2.5 hours or so and only earned about 350 points yet they still sent an offer, which is nice.

I was given room 427 in Bay View tower, which is the older tower. I was walking down the hallway realizing my room was at the very end. I thought "hey, they must have given me a suite!!". No such luck. In fact, I'm sure I had one of the worst rooms in the hotel. I enjoyed a lovely view of a large AC unit, parking lot and the Motel 6 across the street, in that order...lol.

It's true the bungalow rooms are run down, more like a basic motel but the beds are very comfy pillowtops and they do have 24 hour a day room service(B $10-$15, L $10-20, D $15-$30 per item). There is a small balconey too which is nice. I watched planes land at McCarran for awhile while enjoying a drink. Oh, the sheets and towels were stained with what looked like coffee. A nicer hotel wouldn't put out stained linens.

To be fair, the hotel isn't part of Hooters. it is run by another company. I think it is the same one that runs Sam's Town as they use the same toiletries. They also run Saddle West in Pahrump, NV, which I have stayed at several times.

Also, the walls are very thin. I was woken at 1am by the couple next door having an argument. I would usually enjoy hearing a couple fight but not at that time of day(night).

Hooters restaurant serves good grub at OK prices. It's nothing fancy but the portions are large and tasty, and they bring you drink refills without you even having to ask.

The casino was fun. I didn't make money but hit enough good bonus rounds to play for a few hours and drink the free Michelobs. Drink service is very good here.

I got a comp ticket to see Gerry McCambridge: The Mentalist. What a joke. I left after 15 mins. Don't waste your money. Wait til 9pm and see Bobby Slayton instead. You know you're in trouble when the guy has to ask for applause. Funny, most of the audience was really into it. Maybe they've never seen a real Vegas show before. This wasn't it.

Bottom Line: I've stayed at The Orleans, Bally's and Main Street Station in the past year. I would recommend any of them waaay before I would rec Hooters, even if it cost a little more. Hooters is fine if you're counting every dollar(my type room goes for as low as $35 sometimes)but for a little extra, you get a much nicer room at one of those properties.

Stay in the Ocean View rooms, which is the new tower if you can. It costs more but I'm sure it's worth it.

• Liked — Very comfy pillowtop beds, 24 hour a day room service
  • Disliked — thin walls, stained sheets and towels.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
5 Thank Jeff42
Central PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2008

We always enjoyed the friendly atmosphere at San Remos. We have been going to and staying there for over 8 years. This year we planned early, payed for the room months in advance and was looking forward to another enjoyable trip to Las Vegas. WE HAD THE WORST 24 HRS. AT HOOTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We got in late Sunday night, only to find that because we would not allow the boy on the desk to charge $750.00 to a charge account. in case we trashed the room ,. He agreed to bring the figure down to $500.00 CASH. We were tired from our 5 hour flight and just paid it knowing full well that we would get it back at the end of our trip because we had no intention of damaging anything OR spending a dime more than absolutely necessary here. The hotel as well as the room is in poor shape.
Our bathroom floor and caulking around the fixtures were dirty. The room was scary, from worn bedspreads and filth, too the poor workmanship of the wood that was added to the ceiling and every place else that it was put. We won't even talk about how bad the carpet needed cleaned and in someplaces needed replaced. It looked like they took the old San Remos nice clean rooms and tried to give them a cheap facelift. A GOOD CLEANING WOULD HAVE GONE A LOT FURTHER. The extremely loud music and extra gaming tables they squeezed in to the "casino" area made it hard to get around. There were a lot of "seedy" looking people lurking around, that made me feel uncomfortable. We thought we were stuck there for 8 Days. Thankfully, my husband, after discussing our misfortune, while setting up a players card at Sam's Town Hotel & Casino, was offered the same price $40.00 per night. We jumped at the chance to put Hooters behind us and actually have a great vacation. Also, they did not require $750.00 or even $500.00 in case we damaged anything. They were more than happy to have us. We won't be patronizing Hooters again or suggesting them to anyone, Smarter PA couple

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — disappointed with the whole atmasphere.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple