“can i give this hotel ZERO stars?”

Hooters Casino Hotel
Ranked #131 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Toronto, Canada
“can i give this hotel ZERO stars?”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

My two friends and i were at this hotel approximately one year ago. We were given a most disgusting room - dirty and smelly and run down.
We did submit a review at that time and were ensured by the manager that he would refund us our money. instead, he charged the credit card again, and refunded - therefore cancelling the second charge - leaving the original charge for the room on my friends credit card.
Also promised us a free room at another time, with a 50.00 dollar food credit.
Needless to say, we never did receive another email from him

as i was writing a POSITVE review for the holiday inn express in edmonton ( a great, clean hotel), it brought to mind the horrible stay i had in LAS... and the lack of response from the management, and the hotel chains' upper management.

thought i should post this again - to inform people who may consider staying here in the future. Pool season has begun in vegas, and although they have a pool, i wouldnt consider swimming in this one!

Room Tip: My tip: stay at another hotel
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Team H, Manager at Hooters Casino Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
I am very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay at Hooters Casino Hotel last year. Please contact us at GuestRelations@Hooterslv.com or contact our Director of Hotel Operations at lisakrasn@hooterslv.com so we can process the credit you were promised from your last stay. We certainly hope you will give us another opportunity to show you a great time here in Las Vegas and hope to hear from you soon! Thank you

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (539)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Loose slots my butt! I can't speak for the hotel, but we were staying across the street at MGM Grand and decided to walk across and try this place since they advertise loose slots. Did we expect to actually win? No. However we did expect to get a little payback here and there to keep us afloat and play awhile. Didn't happen. Also 2 of us were asked if we would like something to drink and neither one of us ever saw the waitress again after putting in our orders, and this was in two separate areas of the casino, so we were duped by two different waitresses. We ended up leaving due to sorry service and too tight slots.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Team H, Manager at Hooters Casino Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
We apologize that you had a negative experience while visiting Hooters Casino Hotel. We are in the process of adding lots of new fun and exciting slot machines to our casino floor. I have shared your comments and concerns with our management team so we can make improvements in our customer service. Please email us at GuestRelations@Hooterslv.com so that we can get more information about your recent visit. Thank you
Kawartha Lakes, Canada
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Just a quick note...the hotel is ok. and good cost effective place to stay, if you want a place to sleep. The rooms are adequate, and serviced daily. The bed was ok too. Casino is small and intimate with a good crowd of people, and polite good dealers. The Mad Onion Prime RIb special is a good meal deal.

Most of my friends stayed in an upscale place of which the noise level from the roller coaster was far beyond that of Hooters. :) And the dealers re:Black Jack at the "other place" were ignorant and disinterested in helping or engaging the players unlike Hooters where they seem to treat you like a friend of the family. . . I will probably stay there again. The AC. worked well, comp. water and Keurig coffee is a bonus too.

Thanks Hooters!

Room Tip: Probably one on the South side or as others were saying the Bungalow section may be bit better but...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
We appreciate you taking the time to offer us your review of the property. We are a Great value just minutes from the Las Vegas Strip, across from MGM and next to the Tropicana. We do our best to offer accomodations, service, and amenities that can't be matched for the price on Las Vegas Blvd.
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We asked for a non smoking room upon check in, and got a smoking room. The room was very outdated! Volume didn't work on the old "box" tv. Hair dryer was broken. The shower made loud banging noises after turning it on. Shower drain was clogged and water would take forever to empty, the water was basically to your mid calves while showering. The air conditioner wasn't working correctly. We told the staff about this, and were told that they would get someone to fix it right away. No one came to fix it, we just figured that they were busy and would come later that day. No one showed up, so we told the staff again.Well, someone finally showed up to fix it 2 days later, when we were leaving! I guess that is the type of service I paid for.... :(

1 Thank Brittanie L
Team H, Manager at Hooters Casino Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
I am sorry to hear that you were not satisifed with your stay at Hooters Casino Hotel. Hooters does its best to ensure all guests bed and smoking preferences are granted but there are some occasions when we are unable to meet specific requests. I apologize for the various issues with your room and will follow up with our housekeeping and engineering team to ensure this does not happen to another one of our valued guests. We hope you that you come back and give us another opportunity to serve you in the future. If we can assist you with anything please contact us at GuestRelations@Hooterslv.com. Thank you
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I read many reviews of this hotel before leaving and had a very open mind. I wasn't expecting perfection for the price that I paid, but was excited to stay here. We had the Hooters Esculade pick us up at the airport. Our flight was about an hour late, and she waited for us. Very friendly!! When we got to the hotel I was told the tower pool view room that I booked were only non smoking, and that If I wanted a smoking room it would be a "no view" room, we said that was fine because it was almost midnight and we were hungry and just wanted to get settled in. The room was nothing special, not very clean, and our "no view" was a rooftop, which we found out later in our stay was right above the loud bar downstairs. After we for settled in we went downstairs to get something to eat. By reading reviews I saw that the Hooters restaurant was open 24 hours.. We waited to be seated, and they brought us over to the Saloon side with menus. We then sat there for 25 min and noboy came to take or order. Even after we tried to flag many of the girls down. It was very loud in the bar due to karaoke going on..even though we were very tired from our flight we decided to go out on the strip and find somewhere to eat. While waiting for my husband to use the bathroom before we decided to venture out on the strip at 1am..I decided to speak with someone because I was tired crabby and hungry. A manger by the name of Justin apologized many times to us.. Brought us back to the bar, seated us and at the end of our meal told us that everything was taken care of since we had a problem. This was a very nice surprise since I was very unimpressed with Hooters by this time. I also wanted to mention that we never went back to the Hooters restraunt but did end up eating at the Mad Onion restaurant the next 3 nights. They have a great special for prime rib $9.95. Well worth it and we had a great waitress Natasha who was very friendly and much more personable then any of the Hooters waitresses that we delt with the first night. Over all the stay was find. Great location, the Duece bus stop is next to the Tropcana so close to everything. I also had to include the last night we were there they had a band playing in the "saloon" which we found out was right above our room.. Around 11pm we called down to the front desk to ask what time the band would be done, because we had an early flight the next morning. They kept telling us that the band was done playing, after telling them over and over that they are not, and that we can hear everything they finally put us on hold and told us there was nothing they could do other then move us to another room.. Well if it wasn't midnight by this time, and us having to leave in the morning, this maybe would have been an option, but was not. In the end they ended up refunding all resort fees which for 4 nights was almost $60. For the price I paid the room was not that bad, however the service not so great! The only thing I would recommend is the Mad Onion restaurant, and again Natahsa was a great waitress, don't waste your time at Hooters! (This review is coming from a couple in their early 30's, who were on a budget and not looking for anything fancy) next time I will spend a little extra to stay where the service is better!!

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know what you experienced during your recent visit. I am sorry that you experienced so many frustrations while at the hotel. I have shared your comments with our Food and Beverage Managers so they are aware of the service you received in the Saloon. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the Mad Onion and the great service you received while dining in there, I will make sure Natasha is recognized for her outstanding customer service. I wish we could have moved your room earlier due to the noise from the band. Please contact us at GuestRelations@Hooterslv.com if we can assist you with anything. We would love to have the opportunity to show you a Hooterific time at Hooters Casino Hotel on your next visit to Las Vegas!
Widnes, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Having read some of the reviews after booking our trip to Hooters, I was a bit skeptical about what I would find. There was no need to worry. The hotel is basically the same a Premier Inn in the UK. The rooms have everything you need for a comfortable stay - comfy bed, good shower, etc. We asked for a room change after a few nights as we were in an interconnecting room with noisy neighbours. This was sorted within a few hours. The maid service was excellent with clean towels, water, toilet rolls and bed making service daily. The staff at the hotel were very friendly and very efficient, from the cleaning staff in the casino to the Hooters girls themselves. The location cannot be beaten for the price you pay. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay there again. Why pay a ridiculous price to stay on the strip when this hotel is a 2 minute walk. Friends stayed at the NY-NY and there room was no different from ours at Hooters, yet it cost more than £200 more per person for the week.

Room Tip: Ask for a room without an interconnecting door. Everyone is there to enjoy themselves and if someon...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Team H, Manager at Hooters Casino Hotel, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Thank you for your great review and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have an outstanding housekeeping staff and we will be sure to share your wonderful comments with them. Hooters has a great location, right next to the Tropicana and agross from the MGM, we are minutes from the Famous Las Vegas Strip. Hope to see you again soon! If we can assist you with anything please contact us at GuestRelations@Hooterslv.com.
San Diego, California
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay. The beds were small but we made it work the price was right. I would stay there again it was clean & nice. Not fancy but good if you go with friends. I would take my family to circus circus. I just wish the restaurant would stay open later. Its the hooters hotel but the restaurant closes early & I feel like you should be able to get the food anytime. Its vegas & you stay up late & need wings.

• Stayed May 2012
Thank you for your nice review! I am happy to announce that our Hooters Restaurant is now open 24/7, so our guests can enjoy our World Famous Wings 24 hours. We hope to see you again soon and please check out all the new exciting things going on at hooterscasinohotel.com.