“Will stay there again”

Ranked #129 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Telluride
“Will stay there again”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Decided to look at a cheaper hotel near the strip. Its proximity to the MGM Grands shows across the street was the determining factor. (We had stayed at the MGM last time & had a very tiny room which cost us more than we paid at Hooters for a much nicer room.) The hotel & casino are quite small by comparison but also quicker to get thru , rooms easy to find. Quick check-in. We arrived 2 hours early and the receptionist did look and find a room ready for us . Clean room, comfortable bed, small balcony with patio doors. The Hooters restaurant for breakfast was terrible along with the service. The Mad Onion Restaurant in the building was quite good with great service and had a nice $9.95 prime rib dinner.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Team H, Manager at Hooters Casino Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for the nice review of Hooters Casino Hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. I have shared your restaurant comments with our Food and Beverage Management Team. Hooters offers lots of amenities to our guests such as shows, live bands, gaming, and a 24 hour amazing pool area for those who prefer to just lay by the pool all day and relax. If we can assist you with anything please contact us at GuestRelations@Hooterslv.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (574)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Gallup, NM
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is in a great location. It's just off the Strip, right next to the Tropicana and across the street from the MGM Grand. Since it's off the Strip, it is very affordable most nights! We stayed the week after Thanksgiving and only paid about $20 per night. The pool area is open 24/7 year round, which is a plus for us because my fiancé likes to go in the hot tub late at night. The Strip and several large hotel properties are within walking distance, as well as the Coca-Cola and M&Ms stores, and lots of restaurants. We hardly used our car at all (self parking is very convenient at Hooters). The 2 on-site restaurants we ate at, Hooters and Mad Onion, were both great! The casino has a nice friendly atmosphere, but if you look under 40 be prepared to show your ID multiple times while on the casino floor. We were here for my 30th birthday and I got carded almost every time we stepped up to a table. We also had some problems with the internet in the room. Overall, we enjoyed our stay here very much and are looking forward to our next visit!

Room Tip: We stayed in the "Bungalow" rooms, which we heard are the "overflow" rooms and n...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I appreciate the great review. Glad to hear you enjoyed our great location and our amazing 24-hour pool area! Happy Belated Birthday!! If you have any questions or need any assistance please contact us at GuestRelations@Hooterslv.com
Buena Park, California
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have stayed here twice over the same amount of years. My friends and I like coming here when we go mainly for the 24 hour pool and Jacuzzi The rooms are always clean and we have never had any trouble checking in. We have stayed at other area hotels, but choose this location due to the great value we get.

Room Tip: If you are going to use the pool a lot, try to get a bungalow room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Team H, Manager at Hooters Casino Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for your great review of Hooters Casino Hotel. We are so happy you enjoyed our 24 pool and jacuzzi as most hotels in Las Vegas do not keep their pools open 24 hours. We have a DJ on Saturday and Sunday at the pool along with fun events every weekend. Hooters is a great value, located next to Tropicana Hotel and across from MGM. Our housekeeping team takes great pride in making sure the rooms are clean and comfortable for all our guests. Thank you
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We went here a few years back during Las Vegas's financial crisis so a lot of hotels were very cheap. We stayed here for 20 dollars a night so I wasn't about to pass it up. In terms of things to do...this hotel is very empty. There is a show and a hooters restaurant here and that is about it. It is right across from MGM, Excalibur, and New York but it is at the very beginning of the strip so you have to walk quite a bit to get to hotels like the Venitian...not a huge fan of that. Next time I would probably stay in the middle of the strip. The hotel itself way pretty clean but the room walls were SO thin...I got to hear the guys next to us ranting in a drunken rage about the one guy's Cheating girlfriend. We could hear every word. It was amusing for us but if you don't wish to hear your neighbors, this isn't the hotel for you.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
I am glad you appreciated the value offered at Hooters Casino Hotel. I am sorry about the noisy guests staying next door, I wish you would have brought that to our attention during your stay, we would have been more than happy to move you to a more quiet area of the hotel. Since you stayed at Hooters last May be have made alot of exciting changes. We have live bands Friday and Saturday nights, DJ's at the pool on the weekends, new slot machines and lots of great NEW promotions. Thank you
Qingdao
Reviewed April 7, 2013

when a person books at any website, read the fine print especially, the $12.95 RESORT FEE + Nevada TAX

I kinda regretted booking @ Hooters (or for that matter any hotels with hidden RESORT FEE +TAX)

room I was assigned, had LOUD aircon

had to switch it off when I went to sleep

breakfast is terrible; I could have gotten better value at Coco's just next door !

SMOKING IS ALLOWED @ Hooters & ALMOST ALL hotels in Vegas.. hurts my lungs !!

3 swimming pools, each pool is kinda small

the only plus for Hooters is that bathroom had hot water that flows instantaneously; instead of letting & wasting water run off for several minutes

TV is 32in bulbous Cathode Ray Tube TV (good resolution) from the late 80's; with good selection of sports & news; but no movies

Christian Broadcasting Network is available (certainly needed for SIN CITY)

Kudo's to Mad Onion restaurant @ Hooter's... steak for $9.99 SHOULD NOT BE MISSED.. Delicious, Gr8 value, portions humongous !!

even when I had steak well done, the steak was juicy; mark of a good steak.. sour cream make steak more mouth watering

next time, I'll just go to no frills hotel 5 mins walking distance and have breakfast @ Coco's

one consolation is that Hooter's offer 1 round of beer on Hooter's; gotta register to be a Hooter's member, though

Room Tip: Ocean Bay rooms avoid the afternoon sun
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review and we appreciate your comments. I apologize about the noisy A/C unit in your room and I wish you had brought that to our attention during your stay so we could have fixed the unit or moved you to a different room. Glad to hear you enjoyed your steak in the Mad Onion Restaurant, they do have great food! Our $9.99 Prime Rib dinner is the best deal in town!
I am sorry you did not enjoy your breakfast and I have shared your comments with the Food and Beverage Team. Thank you for staying at Hooters and if we can assist you with anything, please contact us at GuestRelations@Hooterslv.com.
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed 6 nights with our kids for an event.Stayed in tower strip view room was nice and clean hotel was great for price kids enjoyed pool area only problem we had was trying to get room service one night sat on hold for ten minutes finally got kids dressed and went down hooters was busy went to mad onion but can't get take out unless ordering from there bar which kids can't stand at our kids stood by the race car 20 ft from us security gave us hell for not being beside kids so in order to feed them we were forced to walk to 2 other casinos at 930 at night to get food we were not impressed and next year we are considering staying somewhere we can actually get room service not a place that just says they have it

• Stayed March 2013
I am happy to hear you enjoyed our clean rooms, awesome strip views and nice pool area. I do apologize for the issues you encountered with room service and our restaurants. I have shared you comments with our Food and Beverage team and we continue to make changes to improve the guest experience. The gaming regulations are very strict in Las Vegas about children being in the casino, near machines or gaming tables, along with any place alcohol is being served, I do apologize for you frustration with this situation. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact us at GuestRelations@Hooterslv.com.
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We reserve this hotel definitly for the price, it is really good! so you will find something to say " I can't complain for the price" Everything was ok, the desk, the people, the bathroom, but when I was going to sleep the sheets were dirty, it looks like they never wash it, they just done the bed! and they have and advice about "Save the water" that responds me. The good thing it is on the Strip, in front of the MGM. But other way we saved money at the hotel reservation so we could spend more on shopping, the hotel buffets and Soleil shows!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
I am glad to learn you enjoyed your stay at Hooters. I have shared your comments about the sheets in your room with our housekeeping team, and I assure you that is not our standard at Hooters Casino Hotel. If you have any questions or need any asistance please contact us at GuestServices@Hooterslv.com. Thank you.