“Will never stay there or eat at a Hooters again”

Hooters Casino Hotel
Ranked #131 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Phoenix, Arizona
“Will never stay there or eat at a Hooters again”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

As soon as we got there we put our bags in our room and went down to the Hooters restaurant to get something to eat. Two and half hours later the three of us that ate at the restaurant we are all sick. And we all ate the same thing and it was the only thing we had all eaten that day. When we told the hotel clerk the only response we got was "I will tell the restaurant staff". No apology nothing. The next day when the maid came to my fathers room and he couldn't leave because he was too sick she called the front desk and told them the staff called up to his room and asked if he was ok he told them he got sick from eating at the restaurant they said ok and hung up.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Joann B
Hooters L, Manager at Hooters Casino Hotel, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
We are terribly sorry to hear you and your family had such a horrible experience. I promise you this was not our intention nor a common practice for Hooters. It was addressed in our weekly meeting and I assure you that all departments and staff should be providing excellent customer service. I certainly hope you can give us another chance in the future and see our improvements as well allow us to the opportunity to redeem ourselves.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (539)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I write this review and say upfront that we paid £47.88 for two nights B&B for a Thursday and Friday night on the run up to Christmas.

The hotel is easy to see driving up the strip from the airport and the (free) multi storey car park was easy to get in to and to park. Valet parking is reserved on the first three decks but there is a (grubby) lift to get to the hotel. The car park lift is separate to the lifts to the rooms and reception is at the front of the hotel rather than the side where you enter from the car park.

The casino is smaller than many of the others but is was kind of nice that in two days people were recognising us and saying hello again. The rooms are tired, especially the carpet in our room looked like it needed replacing. The bathroom was fully functional but again tired. The linen was clean and all the bedding smelt fresh.

Breakfast was served in the 'Mad Onion' and the free option was for eggs, bacon, hash browns and toast - coffee was extra but plentiful. We enjoyed the breakfasts and all the servers were very pleasant.

I rate this hotel as Very Good but could have been Excellent. The hotel offered me great value for money with breakfast chucked in. Nothing was that bad and we enjoyed our stay. Not a hotel for romance or a quiet break but great for a few days staying close to the strip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your positive comments about our Hotel and Casino. We love to hear guests interacting with other guests because of our size. It’s certainly nice to be a part of a hotel and casino that isn’t as overwhelming as the larger ones on the strip. Please contact us directly when you decide to come back to Las Vegas so you can see our improvements and awesome staff! Hope you have a wonderful 2013!
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I'm not a huge gambler but bet a ok about $50-$100 and up to $400 a hand usually or $2000-$5000 a trip every couple months or so. Tried to book a suite for Super Bowl a month before and could only get a avarage room. My other host at other casinos usually take pretty good care of me but the new host I have at hooters just does the minimum. The old host at hooters took really good care of all my needs and was on top of everything. The last couple trips I have been disappointed. Think it's time to move to another hotel even though I love staying at hooters.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Gambler12345
Hooters L, Manager at Hooters Casino Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for your review and comments. I am terribly sorry to hear that you were not treated appropriately. Here at Hooters we do take pride in going the distance to please as well as provide an awesome service the entire time. I have sent you an e-mail through your TripAdvisor mail and I truly hope to hear from you.
Wirral
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Cheap and cheerful, the rooms are a bit tired and in need of refurbishment, but excellent value for money, suitable for a one night stay but wouldn't like to stay for any longer. The Hooters girls are the best thing about this place.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ColinHJackson
Thank you so much for review and we certainly hope you stay with us when you are back in town. Have a GREAT 2013!!
Waterloo, Ontario
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stayed here 8 nights (basecamp for a Red Rocks climbing trip). The main attraction was the very low price, but we were satisfied with the value. The room was a decent size, and clean. There was a lot of mechanical system noise outside our 3rd floor pool view room, but it was "white noise" so it didn't interfere with sleeping. Please note - the Internet you pay for with your $10 resort fee is wired, not Wifi. Fortunately I found out about this and advance and had my adaptor and cable with me - would have been extremely annoyed otherwise. Location is good and indoor parking is convenient. Would stay here again for a similar rate.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ClimbnRide
We appreciate your comments and review about our hotel. The Hooters Family is happy to here that you would consider coming back and we are certainly looking forward to hosting you again when that day comes.
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This has to be one of the most disgusting hotels I have ever stayed in. The pillows reaked of something bad and there were exposed screws in the wall and the walls were so dirty that you could see black hand prints and smudges not to mention the mirrors. Lamps were broken and so so stained carpet.

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank Nikolai87
Joliet, Illinois
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Had a layover with hours to kill. Stopped in "Hooters"casino. I had visited and stayed here years ago with friends. Our next trip was in April, So I thought I would scout out any new changes. We visit vegas 1-2 times a year staying at various casinos. I sat down to play blackjack. I was greeted quickly by the dealer and waitress who took my drink order. This was odd to me, I can't remember the last time this happened at any casino. Now, I'm not a high-roller by any means, but this was nice. I continued to play for 2 hours. Drink service was quick, dealers were friendly and everyone was having good time. A player at my table said she heard some managment changes and improvements were coming. The dealer comfirmed improvement were beginning next month. When it finally came time to leave the deal responded "Hope you have a nice flight and decide to stay with us in April". Now I know these are not big things to some people, but it left a good impression on me. After returning home I mentioned this to my "April trip" friends. I also looked up and comfirmed new upgrades and changes were in the works. My friends decided to give "Hooter Las Vegas" a re-visit in April. Booked two rooms for $25 a night . Yes, I said $25 dollars a night !!! April can't come soon enough. I look forward to seeing the new changes. I will update any new room or casino changes.- John K.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo