“Overall Good Choice”

Ranked #32 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Minnesota
“Overall Good Choice”
Reviewed July 12, 2010

The Red Rock is a very nice hotel. The rooms are very modern and up to date. The bathroom was great. The beds were ok, not quite as good as similar hotels. The pool was excellent, however the pool closes early each night as do other casino hotels. The staff was professional, nothing more.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,242)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Stevenson Ranch, CA
Reviewed July 11, 2010

We had never been to this resort. We wanted somewhere different and we weren't bothered about being away from the strip. We made a great choice! The pool was great. You could get away from the small kids (we were surprised at how many kids there were though) if you chose a small pool along the back. Bathrooms and bar were very close. The pool staff was so great! There is an elevator that takes you right by the entrance to the pool. We ate at Yard House, which was great. Lots of choices on the menu. Also ate at Cabo Mexican restaurant the 2nd night and enjoyed the food, as well. Great guacamole made table-side. The casino was the perfect size, not to huge. We bowled one night and really had fun. Great value. The rooms were beautiful! The beds are so comfortable! The only issue is the door to the room slams shut if you don't hold on to it, so it may disturb some at night. I had a massage, which was the best. The spa is beautiful. The only thing we found fault with is the additional charge per night for internet, gym, newspaper, shuttle to the strip and airport shuttle, which we didn't use at all. I complained before we got there and they took it off our bill. I was really surprised! Maybe they did it since it was my b-day? We will definitely return to this hotel!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Washington, DC
Reviewed July 10, 2010

I was not being sarcastic with that opening quote. I'm someone who LIKES to drive to get around on vacation, so I have no trouble at all with staying 20 minutes off the strip... In fact, I think it's one of the best things about Red Rock - It's away from the hordes of humanity, and I hope the hordes of humanity never ever discover Red Rock - If they do, they'll find a hotel that has an attractive and uncrowded casino, better and less expensive food choices, movie theaters and bowling alleys for the kids, affordable shopping in the neighborhood, and the nicest rooms I've ever seen in Las Vegas - and I've probably stayed at 15 different hotels on the strip!

If I actually cared about nightlife (i.e. crowded clubs), that would probably be my biggest quibble about Red Rock. I don't think there are any of those... Which is just fine by me. I go to a casino to gamble, relax at a blackjack table, and enjoy a good meal. The buffet, by the way, is an outstanding value, whether you're having breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Even if you're staying on the strip, take a ride 20 minutes west some time, and give Red Rock a visit. The next time you go to Vegas, you may find yourself staying out there... That's exactly what happened to us!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
SoCenCo
Reviewed July 9, 2010

Our nephew got married here and we all had a great time, plus good discounts on our rooms. The wedding itself was tasteful and (dare I say) brief, set on a nice spacious balcony w/ gorgeous views to the SW. The bowling party after the ceremony was just terrific -- so much more fun than a boring reception! I enjoyed the whole resort experience -- spa, pool and yummy food too....been to Vegas many times, so didn't mind not being downtown or on the strip for this special trip.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Naples, Florida
Reviewed July 9, 2010

Stay 3 nights and it was great. Staff was courteous and helpful. Rooms were clean, spacious and up to date. Bed was comfy. View was spectacular. Pool area is one of the best in Vegas. Fitness CT. was well equipped. Did the food court and buffet which were fine. The Yard House restaurant was excellent with a nice happy hour. Only negative was the background music which was annoying at times.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Decatur, Georgia
Reviewed July 8, 2010

Our stay at Red Rock was good. I visited the hotel in 2007 and it still looks to be in the same great condition. There is an AMC theater on site and a bowling alley. We were there for my birthday with my brother and sister-in-law. When I booked I forgot it was SuperBowl weekend! It was not too crowded and there were plenty of specials. My biggest problem with the resort is the distance from the strip. It is an easy 30 minute drive and a $50 taxi ride. That can add up over the course of your stay. They have a shuttle, but as mentioned in other reviews it I not party friendly. If you need a great place to stay and relax in Vegas, without the strip, Red Rock is your place. Otherwise there are hotels on the strip that will work just as well.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 7, 2010

Newer, clean hotel with fairly attractive rooms. But I can't recommend it because of its inconvenient location, combined with inadequate transportation. The hotel is located a half hour ($55+ taxi ride) from the Strip or airport. Shared van services from the airport won't travel to Red Rock. The hotel's own shuttle service is provided only every two hours, and does not extend into the evening. When I tried to use the shuttle to get back to the airport, it was already full 15 minutes before scheduled departure. A coworker (we were there for a conference) ran into the same problem at her attempted shuttle time. What could have been a good value for the hotel ended up costing me another $185 during the course of 3 days just in taxi fares. Until they expand their transportation services, I can recommend this hotel only for people with a rental car.

Another comment: The pool closes at 8pm -- just when it finally starts getting cool enough to be outside. When our conference rented out the space for a Pool Party ... the pool itself still closed at 8pm. I believe our group will be asking for a refund. Meanwhile, if you are planning a conference, don't bother renting the pool space.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business