“Love the quiet of this place”

Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa
Ranked #34 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Shanghai, China
“Love the quiet of this place”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Went back to this hotel after a year, and appreciate the peace and quiet of this of-the-strip hotel. It's about $45 taxi ride to the strip. Yes, I complained about its location last year when I first stayed here but then, here are some pluses that I see of this hotel. (1) great service. They pressed my clothes at the most unapologetical time ( midnight) and returned my tip--a first in my stats in any US hotel. (2) great food. Their outlets and private dinners were amazing. (3) it has a beautiful panoramic view of the strip and the red rock canyon.

If one has been to Vegas to many times, this is the right hotel for you. I mean, staying at the strip is great but then you've stayed in one, you've seen them all ( it's all rowdy tacky decadence at the strip)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,264)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Davis, California
Reviewed May 17, 2014

I had to go to this hotel for a conference. While I didn't like the rates I had to pay, I must say this is a very nice hotel. The room was large with a huge bathroom and included the price was the use of the gym and some of the spa facilities. The hotel includes a nice economical food court and some nice restaurants and a Starbucks that closes at 9pm. I don't gamble so I cannot comment on that. Otherwise I have absolutely no complaints about the hotel service.

However, It is a bit far from the strip and the shuttle is a bit infrequent for those who don't have a car. Red Rock conservation park is nearby, but you really need a car to access the park as the entrance is around 5-6 miles away. The park is beautiful and worth seeing if you can.

2 Thank neko100
Mount Vernon, Illinois, United States
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I visited this hotel and casino while on a business trip. the rooms were very nice and clean. It has all the amenities available that one would expect from a Vegas hotel. Even though it is off the strip they provide free shuttle service to the strip so you can enjoy even more of what Vegas has to offer. All in all it was a very pleasant few days spent here. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Moreno Valley, California
Reviewed May 16, 2014

We stayed here to be near friends that live in Las Vegas. It is in the extreme south of the City and is quite a drive to get to the action of Las Vegas. Didn't matter because this place had everything you would need anyway. Great casino (didn't win though), good food, theater, and very nice rooms. It did get crowded in the evenings but I was told it was because locals come here to gamble and relax. If you want a Las Vegas experience without the chaos of the strip you should try this place. One thing that is crazy, I know but they don't sell Coca Cola products anywhere that we could find except in the theater. Just in case you are not a Pepsi fan like me.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Bloomington, Minnesota
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I stayed several days at the Red Rock Resort and I had a terrific experience from end to end. Several things I could wish for like not having to go through a smoking casino for breakfast but it was easy to deal with.

The room was perfect and the staff extremely professional.

Great job Red Rock

San Jose, California
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I stay at the Red Rock several times a year and have never been disappointed. This trip I used the pool for the first time and will always make that a part of my trip from now on-beautiful pools and the loungers are very comfortable. I also went to the movies and enjoyed the experience- nice theaters.

When entering the hotel to check in, I just start smiling because I know what a wonderful experience will be ahead of me. I have never been disappointed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Honolulu, Hawaii
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,324 helpful votes
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We live near by at Red Rock Country Club. Have dined and gambled here many times before but never stayed. Stayed this past weekend. We got a very low rate as locals and they also give a discount to their casino guests with a Player's card.
Here's the good and the bad, in my opinion.

Good:
Beautifully, designed hotel with all modern touches. Lots of stone and "rock". About 15 floors. Check-in was easy but we arrived in the morning and they claimed they did not have any rooms available for early check-in. Left our bag with valet and off to the pool we went. The pool opens at 9am. Large area with lovely, mature vegetation. Lounges that are right in the water and others on the deck area. Red, orange, lime green and white make for a bright and pretty area. One large round main pool and about 6 or so other smaller ones. 2 Jacuzzis. Towels were good quality and fresh. There is the Sandbar Grille for drinks, sandwiches, salads, fries, appetizers, etc. They have a few game tables...only open on weekends or when busy.
Our room was clean and the bed was comfy. Floor to ceiling window with a great view of the Spring Mountains and Red Rock Conservatory. The view from the other side of the building would be The Strip...at a good distance. Marble bathroom with a small TV at the bathtub.

Casino is large with an abundant selection of good slot games. Tables games too. There is a large food court...Starbucks, Ben & Jerry, Capriotti's, etc and also a bowling alley(high quality) and a cinema. You won't be bored. Several quality restaurants...T-Bones, Terra Rossa, Lucille's and of course, The Buffet. At the buffet, there is a separate line for hotel guests, which is nice as this buffet gets slammed with locals. Especially on the Holidays.

Plenty of free parking in the lot or garage. Or, they have valet from the hotel side and at the casino.

Bad:

Most of the staff is very young and not that professional. A lot of "Hi Guys" and "Not a Problem". Only one bar and a shop or 2 in the hotel. All is in the casino side. The layout of the hotel is such that there is only one bank of elevators for everyone. If you have a room at the end of the corridor, it WILL be long walk. Center elevators for pool. Hallways a tad banged up. Our room was rather small and dark. Chocolate brown and red colors. Lamp was not plugged in. $25.00 Daily Resort Charge...you get a newspaper. Not even bottled water. There is shuttle to the strip. BE ADVISED...this hotel is NOT near the strip. It is about a 20 minutes drive on the west side of town. If going to The Strip is important to you...this is not the place to stay. Stay ON The Strip and come here for sightseeing the west side of the valley and relaxation. Taxi fare will be about $60.00 to the airport.

Going into the pool, there is staff to check your key. We are white. There were 3 woman in front of us and they were not white. Neither was the attendant. They had beverages from Starbucks and all had large tote bags. The attendant let them thru without checking their bags or commenting on their drinks. When, he got to us, he told us to open our beach bag. I asked what for? He said to check for outside drinks and food. Really? We allowed him to open it and then I told him that instead of looking for a freakin bag of chips, they should be looking for guns. He then told us we couldn't bring in our coffee and tea...that was bought IN the hotel. We basically told him to get lost and walked in with the coffee and tea. Talk about reverse discrimination.

While the pool area is lovely, it just does not have a good feel. Something is missing. A lot of folks looking bored. The lounge chairs are stationary type, so the backs are not adjustable. You can't read from them or look around. They are more for flat sunning. There were MANY young children(from 2 -12) in the 2 Jacuzzis that made them more into kiddie pools. They should not be in their for heath reasons. We ordered drinks and lunch at The Sandbar Grille. Service was SLOWWWWW and when the food came out...an Italian Cheese Sandwich...it was barely warm. The prices for all are on the high side. But, the most obnoxious thing was the MANDATORY 18% SERVICE CHARGE added to your bill. Really? I can honestly say this is not a routine practice anywhere in the Las Vegas Valley. There must be a reason they do it...and it's not for the guests convenience, I can tell you that.

Quite a bit of smoke in the casino and the drink service there is MINIMAL. We valeted our car on the hotel side and it took a long time(10 minutes or so) to have it brought up. It was dead so that wasn't the problem. I guess not enough staff.

All in all, we are glad we stayed. But, we would not return. I can easily recommend the JW Marriott Summerlin as an alternate choice. It has A LOT better service and they will make ANYTHING right.

Please give me a heads up vote if any of my review was helpful to you and yours.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple