“Red Rock Rocks”

Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa
Ranked #32 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed March 24, 2014

For yet another time I have thoroughly enjoyed the Red Rock Resort and Casino. The hotel rivals any luxury hotel on the strip and the personnel is extraordinary. Very clean and comfortable. I will be back.

Room Tip: I received a king room with a canyon view. The room was very large and comfortable along with a grea...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (4,206)

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I stayed the third week of March (2014) for four days/over the weekend. The Lobby is stunning and the check in was fast and friendly. The hotel room was beautiful with nice amenities. I gambled several times with my brother and did not see a wait staff member until the third day we were there. They were totally non-existent. I even asked around to other guests around me asking if they had seen any wait staff around...they all said no, not recently. On the third day there, after 2 hours of playing on the roulette machine, I finally encountered my first waitress. I was shocked. I should have ordered two drinks at once because it took her over 35 minutes to bring the drink and we didn't see her again for the rest of the night. Same with the pool area...we were at the pool for over 2 hours before a wait staff came around to serve us. It took her 45 minutes to bring us back two strawberry margaritas (which cost us almost 40 with tip, no kidding). Don't get me wrong, this is the most gorgeous place I've ever stayed and I loved the food and everything there except for the service. But that's kind of one of the reasons that you want to stay at a place like that because you WANT the service; to be taken care of. Next time I will be staying at the strip. Oh, yes...I read Lindsy K's rating of this place and I remember her party and them having to take down all their decorations at the pool. I thought that was sad that they had to cut their party short like that and take down all the decorations too soon. What a bunch of baloney! lol

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side show the best views of the strip at night, but make sure to utilize the '...
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We enjoyed Red Rocks for Spring Break for my niece and nephew. Perfect Vegas experience for kids without "too much" Vegas. Negatives are the pool closes at 6 pm and we would have preferred to stay later and there is an 18% sur charge at the pool. (which you may be told after your tip). Overall we really enjoyed our trip

1  Thank Sylvia H
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Set at the base of Red Rock Canyon National Park it offers everything a major,strip,resort offers and more, excellent restaurants, entertainment, movie theaters and a Pool and Spa that is second to none. Views from the room of Red Rock or the strip skyline are 5 star. Can't say enough about this resort!

Room Tip: The higher the better! Views are spectacular!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank LasVegasDashin
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We stayed at the Red Rock resort last weekend, the third week in March, with a large group of people to celebrate a birthday. While the grounds were amazing and rooms were beautiful, the service left something to be desired. Check-in was fast and efficient, and the hotel put all of the family members very close together on the same floor, which we had requested, so no complaints at all about the actual hotel or those services, the problems always seemed to be with the wait staff. In the casino we only saw the cocktail waitress once every 45-60 minutes, and we were not skimping on the bets by any means. I sat at a table for about three hours and got three drinks. This was the case all three nights we were there. The next issue came up the next day when we rented a cabana at the pool. Despite having our own waitress, she was extremely slow and we were often searching for her. Also, we were initially told we could decorate the cabana for the birthday, which we did early in the day (taking the time and spending the money on decorations) only to be told after about an hour at the pool that we had to take it all down because they couldn't allow other patrons of the pool to see anything that would be offensive. It was a 50th birthday so we put up a custom 50th birthday banner, black streamers, and some black confetti, all of which were absolutely tasteful. At the breakfast buffet the waitresses were snappy with us both mornings we ate there, saying weird things that waitresses probably think but shouldn't really say to customers, such as "Well, you weren't here when I took the first order of drinks so that's why your creamer isn't on the table." I didn't even know how to respond to her when she said that. In no way was I rude or demanding, it was very strange. The final event of the weekend was dinner at the Italian restaurant. We rented our own room and part of the patio, and were told this came with our own waiter that would only be helping our large group since there were about 20 people. This did not end up being the case. Our waiter was also waiting on a large area in the main restaurant, and because of this our service was extremely slow, and again, we were often looking for him and wondering where he was. Two of our family members told people at the table what they wanted to order and left to use the restroom, and the waiter came to take orders and refused to take them if all the people weren't at the table??? And despite having paid an extra fee to bring in our birthday cake, there was a large drawn-out debate between several of the staff members and a manager I think as to whether or not they could cut the cake for us. I've been lots of places where I've spent less money and received better service. It was unfortunate that the exceptional beauty and cleanliness of the resort did not equate to good service. If those things were improved upon I might be wiling to recommend the resort to others, but right now I would not.

1  Thank Lindsey K
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Purpose of the trip was rock climbing at Red Rock Canyon. We were pleased with the lodging- large room, excellent comfortable bed, and perfect location for Red Rock a Canyon which is 5 miles away. Road biking in the area was also great in a March especially traveling from rainy Oregon to sunny 70 degree weather. Check our Pro Cyclery for bike rental. Had an supers restaurant week steak at at T Bone at the resort.

Did no gambling/ casino activity other than a stroll through so can not comment but we were very happy with our long weekend sunbelt vacation. Concierge helped me out with bike routes even.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank slits007
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Our stay at the Red Rock was our first time to Las Vegas and it was an excellent choice for what we like. It is not on the strip but still close to many stores, shops and restaurants. This is a very good looking hotel in a manicured and upscale community. It is well staffed, clean and has friendly people working there.

I would recommend this hotel and I will likely stay there the next time we go.

Room Tip: Our room had a very comfortable king size bed. The windows are floor to ceiling and full width that...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple