“Elegance with practicality.”

Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa
Ranked #28 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Beautiful property. Caring staff. Clean. Well kept. - Clean, away from the strip location. Plenty of shopping and restaurants in close proximity. - Upscale dining and food court level dining on premises - Fits any situation. - I will be back.

• Stayed: September 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (4,224)

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I am staying here for a hospitality industry convention so I can't comment on the resorts restaurants, this review is strictly about the lodging experience. The room has a nice first impression, then I looked a little closer and found some things a little off. The TV channel options are very limited, too limited! I worked out in the Spa, the treadmill had a TV on it, while I was on the treadmill for a 60 minute workout I was watching a movie, I then decided to head up to my room to catch the end of the movie and discovered my hotel room did not offer the same channel I was watching on the treadmill, hmm... After a long day of networking and working I needed to find something to watch and was frustrated by the very limited TV channel options. I was sleeping soundly when the smoke alarm started chirping at 3:00am, I called the front desk, 45 minutes later the smoke alarm stopped chriping so I called the front desk to tell them to call off the engineer who was supposed to be on the way up (had not shown up within 45 minutes). Stuff happens but this issue caused me to get a horrible nights sleep, took me 2 hours to fall back to sleep, ugh. The big thing for me is the lack of cell service in my hotel room, I could not make a call from my room or receive text messages. I tried to make a couple of important business calls from my cell phone and the calls kept cutting out so I was litterally forced to walk down to the elevator and then went down to the pool area to make my important calls. I mentioned to poor cell service in my room to the pool area attendant and was told "yea, it is pretty bad in the rooms I've heard." The walk to my room from the elevator was 175 yards (one way), I'm a golfer so I know how to step off distances. Needless to say I got my exercise as I must have gone to my room from the conference area 4 to 10 times in a day. Poor design regarding the elevator, if you can request a room in the first 120 rooms to shorten your walk, I was in room 151. Rooms are floor number + the number given. Not having cell service in your hotel room causes all kinds of issues. Who wants to pay to make phone calls using the in-room hotel phone? How hard is it to offer a better selection of TV channels and decent cell service, it's not my guess is they are trying to keep you from spending time in your room. This approach may drive more money to the bottom line but it doesn't feel good knowing that they are trying to manipulate you while providing poor services like TV or cell service. In Vegas there is many better options I believe, especially since you're so far from the Strip.

Room Tip: Request a room with the last three digits in the room number of 120 or less.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Came here for a conference, first trip to Vegas so was apprehensive about being so far from the action on The Strip, but need not be. The resort has a very reliable free transfer to/from and the fact that you can visit the noise and action day or night on The Strip then come back to a brilliant hotel to relax by the pool, chill in the fabulous rooms and get away makes all the difference. The staff can not do enough for you, cleanliness brilliant - all in all a great place. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I was on floor 18 with a view of The Strip. There are rooms which face away from it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I am a local from Las Vegas, and have spent my fair share of time in the casino and movie theatre portion of this venue. I have found the staff to be friendly and efficient; and the machines fun and more payouts than a lot of other places. And, to top it off, the extras if you are a card member are plentiful.

This past weekend I had the opportunity to stay in the hotel portion free. I won a card member promotion. From the time I was greeted by valet and left the same way, I was treated like a princess. Mercedes at the registration desk was quite informative about the hotel and was very friendly. The lobby was a bit noisy but gorgeous with the lighting and dark wicker chairs. When I walked down the hallway to my room, it was slightly curved with interesting decor. The doorway to the room was recessed from the hall in an alcove that accommodated two rooms.

When I opened the door, it took my breath away. The room was very spacious, deliciously decorated in brown hues. The bed was very comfortable, and lighting was abundant for watching TV or reading in bed. The closet doors opened and the light came on revealing a spacious area that included ironing board and individual safe. The only thing the bathroom needed was someone to draw my bath for me. The marble was beautiful white and the tub and separate shower were the perfect setting for relaxation.

This is one of the BEST hotel rooms I have every experienced. I was on the 10th floor with a beautiful view of Red Rock Canyon and the swimming pool. I would really recommend this view over the Strip, as it was calming and soothing to the eyes.

I recommend this hotel away from the strip for relaxation, play and great food. You can even take in a movie, hold a meeting, have a five-star meal, or be close to many of the outdoor wonders of Southern Nevada. I love to play here, and will definitely do another stay here soon.

Room Tip: The Rooms facing west have a great view of Red Rock, while the ones east are perfect for the Strip.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 25, 2013

What I love most about this hotel, is that it's away from the crowded strip. While I've never stayed at the Red Rock, I have gambled there quite a few times. They have a great poker room which is usually quite full. On a weekend night, you can wait at least an hour before you get on a table. The other thing that I appreciate about this hotel, is that there's a lot less smoke because there are few people. If you are looking for a night of gambling away from the hustle and bustle of Las Vegas Blvd, this is a good option. .

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This hotel is wonderful. We stayed in a deluxe king room (14th floor) and then moved to a signature suite (12th floor) for the rest of our trip. The deluxe king had a beautiful night view of the strip and the suite had a amazing view of the pool and red rock canyon in the back ground. I would defiantly recommend the pool view. The rooms are in need of a few repairs. Nothing major but they haven't been kept up. We loved the bath tub in both rooms, the deluxe had a regular tub that fits two and the suite had a spa tub that also fits two. Both had tv's to watch well you are in the tub. The hallways are very long to get to the rooms but that is no different then any other big hotel. We found the hotel very easy to get around, with lots of food options to pick from. We loved that there were two starbucks in it. We ate at the Grand Cafe one night and had a very good meal that wasn't overly expensive. Amazing deserts there. We had Pink's hotdogs one night, which was good and Lucille's BBQ. Lucille's was very good. Big portions and great deserts. We ended up going back one night just for desert and coffee. We had the bread pudding and red velvet cake both nights.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This is the 3rd time we have stayed at Red Rock and as usual it was perfect. We originally only booked in for one night to celebrate our wedding anniversary but decided to book another last minute instead of staying midway between Grand Canyon and Vegas. We arrived in the afternoon and were given a King room overlooking the pool and canyon on the 18th floor. It was as usual a very nice room with everything we needed for a comfortable stay. The pool was closed from 3.00pm due to a Toto Concert being set up. This didn't bother us but may have upset others who were sunbathing. Red Rock is probably one of the most relaxing Casino hotels in Vegas with one of the best pools too. You have a good choice of restuarants in the hotel and probably one of the best buffets in Nevada. We managed to get to see the last 10 minutes of the Toto gig from poolside but not sure if we could have seen it from the start. On our second day my wife went shopping on the free strip shuttle bus and I opted to relax by the pool. I found out by chance that we had been upgraded to a Suite for our second night and have to say that it made our stay even more luxurious. The Suites here are marvelous and I will look into staying in one when we return. Red Rock seems to be missed by a lot of people as it's 15 minutes off the strip but if you want a relaxing Vegas break with a Casino give it a try. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Give BJ's restaurant a try across the road. we had a great meal and they serve a brilliant rang...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple