“Nice weekend getaway”

Ranked #31 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Nice weekend getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Great place to stay if you want a non-Vegas strip Vegas Vacation (as a local, we do).
The resort itself is a one stop shop.
Front desk agent was very nice, so are the valet & bell hops.
The rooms are really nice, from the big room, comfortable bed, to huge bathroom & the tv at the bathtub is a great touch.
Great choices of restaurants, bowling, theater, live music (Zowie Bowie), gaming, shops.
The pool is pretty big & well setup.
Food at the pool is pretty good (Jumbo shrimp, buffalo chicken wraps, burger, fries - were delicious). Drinks are reasonable.

Biggest downside:
Even though the servers at the pool are great looking, the service could be better.
On Saturday, there were a lot of servers, but we kept having to find ours to place orders (we'd rate that as average).
On Sunday, the pool wasn't as busy so there weren't as many servers, so we really had to find our server, then keep trying to get her attention. Kind of crazy when you have 8 people all ordering food & drinks. Best of all, when we wanted to close out our tabs, she was no where to be found. We found another server & she said "oh, your server went home so she must have closed you out". Basically, no copy of receipt & no help from the other server. I asked to get a copy, but she never came back. I checked out & got the room charge for it & it seemed fine - but how could we know? (Terrible service on Sunday).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,232)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed at the Red Rock from 7/3/13-7/8/13.
Single mom with my 7 year old daughter and 10 year old son.
This is my second time around at this resort. I have to say that we did have a wonderful time, last year in July and this Year as well!!! the resort is beautiful!!!

1. Pool: They have several different pool that all range from 3feet to 4feet for kids!!!
So this hotel is perfect for kids. Plenty of space for kids to jump and lifeguards everywhere. They also have food available but expensive along with there drinks. They do have a free ice water jug available at the bar with cups. Plenty of beds to sit on and umbrellas, along with a big water fountain for the kids to jump into and run around in.

2. Food: In the Resort They have every restaurant you need. From TGI Fridays, Rubios, Pinks Hot Dogs, Panda Express, Pizza, Ben & Jerry Ice Cream, They a movie theatre to watch movies for the kids or adults, they have a bowling alley. Stores to shop, Casino, NIghtclub, Buffet which the food is AWESOME THERE!!!!.

3. Microwave & Frig. in Room: To have a microwave is $15 per night and for Frig. $15 per. night. I spent a lot buying food that I would bring back to the room because my kids didn't want eat once the food arrived... They would start to pickup an appetite and wanna snack at night? lol
Since I was using my Rewards card a lot they did give me both microwave and Frig. for $15 per. night, which I thought was very nice, but should have been included in the room since I had kids with me.
When I requested the microwave and Frig. I was surprise how fast they responded and had a pleasant young lady bring it up within 20 minutes!

4. Room Service: My daughter was thirsty for water in the middle of the night and they brought up a bottle of water, it was $15. graditude fee plus service fee... water is pricey
weather was 117F. They should have complimentary water available.

5. Taxi: There is a Shopping Center across the street with a Burger King and Olive Garden, BJ's and more. Market down the street. Taxi charged us $10 to take us there.
To go to Burger King across the street was $10 one way and $10 back. The taxi, was nice enough to wait for us to get the food. You do not need to call a Taxi, they are located right out in front of the hotel entrance. The bellman will just wistle a taxi over.

6. Fire work show was short but beautiful. They had some problem issue with the firework show and it was cut short. We plan on returning next year again for the Firework show but not staying that long.

7.Buffet: The food here is delicious and well worth what you pay for. if you use your Rewards Card you get a discount. I paid $22 for breakfast with 2 kids and they loved it here. This was there favorite spot and here they did eat!!! lol

8. Shuttle: We flew in thru Jet Blue and they have a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel and hotel to airport for free. Shuttle come and leave every 2 hours,
5am, 8am, 12noon. we did us the shuttle which was nice, you do have to take a airport shuttle to get to the pickup station from 16-23. I arrive and call the resort and the conse. gave me more info. Cause I was at the first spot.
They also have a shuttle that takes you down to the strip for free. I didn't go to the strip due to having my children.

9. Housekeeping: We were here for 6 days, the 4 day my kids wanted to stay in late, at about noon our housekeep came in and stated that she wanted to clean the room. I informed her that if she could come back at 2pm. that we were getting ready to leave shortly to have lunch. We left the room at 2pm. and returned at 7pm. To our surprise our room was never cleaned and my concern was the trash? Our trash cans were all full. Now with kids you know the trash can will get full of tissue and napkins and cups. Anyhow I had to call the front desk, They did send someone right away to take out the trash but our room or bed were never done. I had to ask for towel. The house keeper that came up to take out the trash was very sweet and polite!!!! getting my room cleaned was the only issue that I encountered.

Services are pricey. Overall our stay here was great and the most important thing is my children enjoyed themselves and cant wait to go back next year!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Barbie2009
Parsippany, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

My wife and I visited here for a three day conference. It was a $60 cab ride from the airport which did not make us happy. There is a free bus but it only runs every two hours and of course we just missed it. We did take it on our return trip to the airport, however. Our check-in was was flawless and the hotel room was one of the best we ever stayed in. The staff was extremely cordial and helpful. The food was outstanding. We really loved the pool because all the waitresses and lifeguards appeared to be 21 years old and worse skimpy red bikinis which were in good taste. . At first this upset my wife, but after about 5 minutes even she appreciated the view.

The buffet always had a line so we did not eat there. The casino is nice, but we did not gamble. We went into town on the "Strip" on two evenings, utilizing the free bus, saving the $60 cab fare each way. We took a "Pink Jeep" tour of the area which was an excellent idea.

Thus in summary, great hotel, great food, great staff, great pool with enough shade, but out of the way location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Simi Valley, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel many times before, but I must say this time they really went above and beyond. Since I booked through a third party and paid a higher rate than I was supposed to, they weren't able to give me the conference rate. However, they were able to give me a hotel credit to use at the spa, which I thought was really nice. I just love ow the rooms are so spacious and kept up so nicely. The casino was actually less smokey than I rememeber in the past. If you're an athlete like myself, the lap pool outside of the gym is great for getting laps in! Stay here if you want to stay somewhere chill, posh, and cool!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank smcrawford38
texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a short visit. We usually stay in condos, if we want to be off the Strip, but thought we'd give them a try. Hotel is very nice, and quiet, especially on the hotel floors. We valet parked our car, and never had to wait more than 5 mn for it. Hotel does seem to draw a more sedant crowd than the Strip hotels. Rooms were beautiful. Had plenty to do at both the bowling alley and the cinema. No big shows to draw in crowds, but some nice resturants. They have a beautiful pool, and many lifeguards. One word of caution if you bring children to the pool. The female lifeguards swimsuits are very close to a thong!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank suave1983
Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

We were in Vegas for a short vacation and to attend a birthday party. We decided to stay off the Strip and received a great rate on Hotwire for the Red Rock Casino. Check in was very slow and they were short handed and they had a very high maintanced group at the counter that took up two receptionists and a manager to solve All their problems. If you don't have money on your credit card, don't try to check into a hotel !. I called the manager on duty while standing in line and he stated he was short handed and I as a customer reminded him that this wasn't my problem and he needed to come out of his office and work the desk. Shortly after the call, he appeared and the line started moving. The hotel and room was very nice and we found the hotel spotless and everyone of the staff took the time to say hello and give the greeting of the day. My wife booked a massage and is still raving about her experience in the spa.
She was treated like a queen and that is very important to me. The $145 one hour massage is $99 if scheduled early in the a.m. (8:30). The hotel did try to add a food charge from the in room fridge, but quickly took it off the bill when challenged. Always check your bill closely as hotels know those that don't mean pure profit. The view of the mountains were beautiful, the pool was very nice (hate the chair savings, but really can't stop rude people). The pool staff did say that we could move towels but if personal items were left on the chairs to please not move them even though the chairs sat unused for hours. We would return to this hotel if we find ourselves looking for something off the Strip.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a mountain view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

This was my first hotel experience off the strip, and I was so impressed! If you've never stayed on the trip - do it at least once...then come to Red Rock and see what you missed out on.

The whole resort was clean and easy to navigate. It took us just a few minutes to park, check-in, and get to our room! We really loved the restaurant options, and had an amazing morning in the spa. The pool area is PERFECT - comfortable chairs, umbrellas, and enough options to keep everyone happy. We were also so impressed with the staff; everyone went out of their way to ask us if we needed anything.

I think this is the only Vegas resort we'll be staying at from now on.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our room that faced the strip...you can see the whole thing at night.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple