“Still a good choice.”

Ranked #34 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Saint Louis, Michigan, United States
“Still a good choice.”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We are frequent Vegas visitors. Red Rock is still a favorite property. More resort like than many Vegas properties. Movie theaters, food Court, many restaurant choices on property
Rooms are large with extra nice large bathroom. Mattresses are not the best for this class of property but still better than most. Nice large uncrowned pool area, although the pool water was on the cool side. The beauty of Red Rock mountains certainly ads to the pleasant experience..

Room Tip: Long way from strip but worth the drive for resort type experience.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gk681

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,266)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Bellflower, California
Reviewed May 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the RRR in April for a seminar that I attended for work. The room was very nice and clean. I admit, I am not really the Vegas type. I don't drink and if I gamble, I go to the nickle and penny machines. However, this is a great place to stay if you are looking to experience Vegas on a more quiet level. The staff was very nice and the buffet was good. What I really liked was that there was a movie theater right in the casino. All in all, this was a very nice hotel and I will return there again if I ever go back to Las Vegas. The only weird thing was that the mini-bar had the food and drink items on a small platform that had the weight of each item. If an item was removed from the platform for longer than 45-seconds, you would get charged for that item. Of course we didn't touch any of it, but I think this would be difficult if you had small children in the room seeing that they try and touch everything.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Visited this hotel because of a trade convention I had to attend. It was very nice and in some areas even luxurious. Their food was good to fair and their casinos nothing to write home about when compared with the ones in the main strip.
I would probably visit it if I want a quiet time away, but if you go to vegas you would were thant to be where the action is!
It is also quite expensive to hire a taxi to go to the main strip.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Secaucus, New Jersey
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I came to the Red Rock on business for a meeting that we hold at this hotel annually. In all my travels, I have never had anything stolen from my room, that is, until I stayed at the Red Rock a few weeks ago. The hotel grounds are AMAZING. It is such a difference from all of the craziness of the strip and is a wonderful place to relax and enjoy the views. But how great is a hotel when you have to hope no one with access enters your room because your belongings go missing?
As a typical female, I completely over packed for my trip and had quite a bit of clothing. Having 10 minutes to pack after the conclusion of our business meetings, I threw everything in my suitcase, triple checked that I had emptied all of the drawers and closets, and ran to catch my flight. While doing my laundry after coming home, I noticed that several pieces of my clothing were missing. I expressed my concern to my coworker who had stayed two doors down from me, and said she was missing her Burberry Jacket as a result of the trip as well. Having more faith in humanity than this, I called the Lost and Found at the hotel, praying that this was all one big misunderstanding that I had concocted in my head and that I left the clothes in my room in some secret drawer I did not triple check on accident. Unfortunately, this was not the case.
The person I spoke to said "I GUESS you can report the theft"—not really eager to make anything better, no apology. All I really wanted was an apology and to make them aware of the issue so that it doesn't happen to someone else visiting. I now know that I just have to keep all of my clothes in my suitcase, lock it, and put on my "Do Not Disturb" light. It's a shame that my experience at such a beautiful hotel was distorted by such a selfish and dishonest employee.

9 Thank an0ntravel
Wheaton, IL
Reviewed May 17, 2013

If you want to rent a car, and be away from the hustle and bustle (and traffic and crowds) of the Strip, this is a great place to stay. Beautiful rooms and great service. Nice sized television, large bathroom with a sunken marble tub with a TV in front of it, a separate marble shower, and separate toilet area. Bose clock radio in the room. Complimentary shoe shine was a nice touch. The pool area is beautiful, but on the week-end it was jam packed with families with lots of kids (it was Mother's Day week-end, which may have made it worse). We had a players club card so even though we are not big gamblers we got an offer for a very good rate, plus 1/2 price resort fee. All in all, we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Make sure to join the Players Club if you gamble at all to get room offers. The hallways are long...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Phoenix_dream
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My husband had a conference here, so I tagged along for some R&R. I read the negative reviews of this resort and was anxious to check it out for myself.
There is a free shuttle to and from airport, otherwise it's a 20 min, $55. taxi ride to airport. Check in was seamless, we were given a king handicap room, close to elevator. I normally don't want the handicap rooms, but this room was big with large bathroom and great view of pool area and mountains. We had comped wifi and newspaper daily. The mini bar is weight sensitive, so unless you want extra charges on your bill, don't touch it. Otherwise, the room was good, bedding comfy and our floor (10th) was quiet.
The staff were very nice and helpful with any request. This is something other reviewers found inadequate. However, every staff person, I had contact with, was polite and eager to accommodate.
I didn't indulge in spa offerings, but did use the gym daily. Nice equipment with furnished towels, bottled water and ear buds. Awesome patio with pool and lounging for after workout.
Central pool area is beautiful with lots of umbrellas and cabanas for shade. The Sandbar restaurant offers cool drinks and pool fare so you don't have to leave the area for sustenance.
There are full service restaurants and a food court in the casino. If you want to gamble, get a player's card in the casino, which gives you discounts at the restaurants and you can earn player points.
There is also a kid's arcade, cinema and large bowling alley adjacent to casino. My husband's company hosted a bowling night in the VIP area of the alley, which included food, music, socks, bowling shoes, neon lights, music, and drinks. This was one of the more fun things we did on site.
If you want to see Vegas shows, or experience The Strip, see concierge for shuttle and ticket info. We stayed at the resort the entire time, and didn't miss the Vegas experience downtown.

• Stayed May 2013
Wirral, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 17, 2013

The Red Rock Casino resort is a fantastic experience. The rooms are modern and classy and have access to wifi, cable TV via wall mounted large flat screen TV and most mod cons. The resort is huge and If you are looking for a relaxed, resort experience, and don't want to stay right in Las Vegas, the Red Rock is a great choice.
From the Casino area there are various restaurants,cafes, bars and fast food outlets within the resort which lots of choice to suit most peoples tastes. There is also a vast and impressive pool area and modern and well equipped gym/fitness suite and Spa, large multiplex cinema, bowling alley and arcade.
To get to the strip is about a 15 minute drive. If you don't have a car, there is a complimentary shuttle that takes you into the city that stops at the main shopping center - "The Fashion Mall" which is on the north end of the strip across the street from the Wynn and the Venetian. There is also a free, direct shuttle to and from the airport to the hotel that runs every hour.

If you are planning a longer trip to Vegas and want to mix it up so that you can have the odd relaxing pool day etc away from the hustle and bustle of the Strip , this resort is a great choice!