“Great hotel for a Staycation” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa

Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa
Ranked #32 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great hotel for a Staycation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I live in Las Vegas and have stayed at Red Rock Casino a half-dozen times, and the rooms have been great each time. Check-in is quick, the workers friendly, and the rooms clean.

I love the pool area, and playing cosmic bowling is a blast.

This is a great place to stay if you're coming to Vegas to hike Red Rock Canyon.

1 Thank Jonathan H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,227)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Greensboro NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Red Rocks reminded me of being on a cruse ship but bigger , with movie theaters a bowling ally
great pool, food court (where you could get meals for under 10 bucks !) and a kids club . shuttle service to downtown which is only about 10 miles away was to sparse and last one ran at 10 pm , so we opp-ted for a rental car which was around 35 per day (a cab ride w tip was $40.00 each way) the layout of the casino and hotel was a little confusing and took a few trips around to find your bearings

Room Tip: both side of hotel have great views the south side faces Vegas and the north side faces the mountai...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank devinsmith
Apple Valley, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Just completed a stay for a business retreat at the Red Rock. Top notch hotel Ammenities are all there for what you need. The staff was very courteous and always upbeat. I had fun at the pool bar as well after being in meetings. There are a on of activities to choose from and if you decide to go to the strip you are not that far away. Thank you Red Rock and I will look forward to my next stay there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank FireMedic203
Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Red Rock Casino Resort was a beautiful place for a quiet getaway and especially good for families. If you want heat, beautiful and spacious pools, wonderful room and friendly staff...this is the place to go. Restaurants were varied and good...though I felt sometimes understaffed. There is a lot to do for family or friends who do not wish to gamble. The drive through Red Rock Canyon was a little I impressive, though we did not get out of the car to experience it. Hiking and other venues looked like fun.
Negative......check your bill carefully at checkout. Several charges were made by error and there was confusion on the Social Living coupon we used. Totally mis-information on what was included. Also it's a long walk down to Starbucks for coffee in the morning. I missed the in room coffee maker, but enjoyed Starbucks.
Other than that, loved our experience there. The valets Rock! By the way, loved the free valet parking...that was a real perk.

Room Tip: It's a long way to the elevators if you get a room at the far end like ours was. You can pick c...
1 Thank CaboWaboWanttobes
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

FIRST time staying off the strip and every thing from staff ,rooms,casino ,pool, and food were all a first class offering.YOUhave a lot of options for entertainment and food places.the shuttle to the strip allows you to do your shopping and return to relax. WILL BE BACK

3 Thank petty45
Arlington, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

The hotel is beautiful but their lack of procedures with regards to Lost and Found has made this a never to be visited again hotel/resort. I forgot my cell phone and when I contact the Bell Boy and requested his assistance to check my room he complied. He returned saying there was no cell phone in my room. Commenting that he checked all the drawers and in the bathroom and there was no cell phone. He suggested I contact Lost and Found through Security.

I contacted Security to report my lost cell phone. All there were able to say was no cell phones had been turned in and I should call again later. They had no procedures for the reporting and followup with guest for items lost. I followed up daily for the next five days and on the sixth day following checkout I was told a cell phone had been turned in the day I checked out and it had been found in my room. I don't believe anybody was doing what they claimed during my daily calls.

Now the cell phone has been delivered to the Business Center for assistance in the return. The Business Center has informed my that there is a Service Charge associated with the return of my cell phone in addition to the FEDEX charges. Still trying to work the details and get my phone, but this has been an extremely frustrating experience.

Don't stay at this hotel!!! All they want is your money.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.... Go to the Strip.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
9 Thank Steve M
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I have been staying at Red Rock since it opened. I take my family there a couple of times a year and I have long thought it was one of the best places in Vegas in my opinion. The staff was always very courteous and went the extra mile to make our stay incredible. The rooms were very nice and always clean....that is until the last couple of times I have stayed there.

I took my family there again this past week, along with some friends of ours. I had been talking about Red Rock for some time, and I set the bar pretty high for them. When we checked in, the room was dirty...black hair in the bathtub, and candy on the floor not vacuumed. The mini bar was half empty and not restocked, and the main TV did not turn on. We immediately called the front desk, they said do you want a new room or for us to clean your room. We stated either one would be great....they responded, "we don't have any other rooms, and housekeeping won't bein until tomorrow, we are sorry" So we had to stay in a dirty room. They offered to comp. our room for the next two nights, but when we checked out, they said they weren't going to comp the room. They said we misunderstood them.
Overall the room was awful, they don't take care of the rooms, and the hotel management was RUDE and didn't care about the guests!! The large bathroom only had 2 towels for the entire suite...I think motel 6 give you 4! BEWARE this was a fabulous hotel, but the new management doesn't CARE, it's going downhill very fast!!!!! The ARIA is much better, and comparable in price!!

• 2 of 5 bubbles