“No need to stay on "The Strip"!”

Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa
Ranked #34 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Rochester, Minnesota
“No need to stay on "The Strip"!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We have stayed at multiple hotels on The Strip, however, when we found the Station Casinos, we now always choose to stay at them. The Red Rock is a beautiful hotel offering great food choices (buffet, top choice restaurants along with a food court), great entertainment (casino, music, movies, bowling) with a wonderful pool area and awesome rooms with amazing bathrooms, great views of either the strip or the Red Rock canyon area and comfortable beds. If you want to go to the strip or shopping or even to the airport, they have a shuttle service to assist. It is our number one choice in Vegas.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice with updated decor. It is the customers choice to stay on the side facing Th...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank J_and_T12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,254)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I have stayed at Red Rock about one and half year ago. When I arrived the hotel at about 11p.m. ,I checked in and found out my room was not cleaned. There were still trash left from last customer all over the room. I called the housekeeping and had to go down to the casino to kill time for them to clean as I didn't want to stay in a room that isn't clean. I came back to my room 25 mins later and still no one has cleaned it. I called again and waited for another 10 minutes to finally get someone to come.

Although housekeeping and front desk staff were courteous, and they also waived my restaurant charge while waiting, but I didn't want to have to hang around the casino at 11pm when I just finished a 5-hr flight. Especially when the room was $250 a night, I expected them at least to be professional.

Except this frustrating experience, I have to say I loved the stay. The room was spacious with great view and the pool was gorgeous.

I subsequently moved to Vegas and now I still come here as a local. I like their casino, it's not as crowded as those on the strip and a welcoming atmosphere. Lots of fun machines and there's food court and two starbucks. Very convenient. Also $1.99 breakfast for all nighters.

I'd like to stay in their room again, but I hope they have improved their communication in housekeeping department.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

This Hotel is one of the top choices to my next Vegas trip. I went there and the rooms are very clean and the beds are really comfortable. This is not a hotel in the Las Vegas Strip, its more ideal with families with children. It has a bowling alley and some kid place that looked cool and a movie theater! :) pools are really nice and the staff is very caring too. I recommend this hotel and the price is reasonable too. You will love it!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Yhhjcxg
Seabrook, Texas, United States
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was a great place to stay for work and to relax after attending a full day at a stressful conference. I was at the resort from Sunday thru Wednesday. The shuttle from the airport to the resort was a nice perk! This resort is away from the strip so it was very quiet and relaxing. The rooms are very comfortable and very clean. I love that the bathroom was the size of some hotel rooms I have stayed at in the past and the shower and tub were separate! My room was on the 18th floor and the wind was howling for 2 nights. I ate at the Café, Buffet and Yard House and all were very good! The SPA, allows access to guests even if you don’t sign up for a Spa treatment. I used the gym every day and some of the amenities (therapies treatments) and the staff made you feel very welcome. The conference food they served was okay for conference food. They also offer a shuttle to the Fashion Mall right from the Resort, then you can jump on the trolly to the strip if you need more excitement. My two complaints are that the casino was very smoky and the slots are mostly video and they were not paying out much!

Room Tip: My room was on the 18th floor and a long distance from the elevator and I could hear the wind howl...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed April 14, 2013

WOW, Red Rock was a great place to stay, work and relax. I attended a conference at the resort from Wed thru Saturday. First off I love that this place is away from the strip so not too much riff raff around to make the experience even better. I did arrive early 10 AM so my room wasn't ready but they had me in within an hour and there are plenty of places to hang out. Rooms are very comfortable sizable and especially clean. I love that the shower and tub were separate and the bathroom was the size of some hotel rooms I have seen. The property is immaculate an dwell kept. I ate at the steakhouse, buffet and sushi bar and each one is top notch. The SPA, i cant say enough about how nice the spa/gym is at this property. I went every day and twice on Friday. The staff is extremely courteous and they make you feel like you are at home. The convention was great and all the food they served was top notch. My only complaint was the casino was smoky, not like old town but enough to bother me. Next time I want to take my family since it is so family friendly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SK8CJ
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We were out hiking all morning at red rock canyon and then had an evening flight.A massage was in order for the afternoon.We didn't stay here but came in for a spa afternoon and was pleasantly surprized. Calm relaxing atmosphere, clean, excellent helpful staff. Separate areas for men and women- hot tub, cold plunge (could have been colder),steam and sauna.Dressing area with all the ammenities . A rest area while waiting for your massage or service, coed outdoor pool and fitness room.Massage was really wonderful, as I am in the business I can be very particular but Gil had experienced and firm hands. We slept well on the plane! Well worth the money. We will stay here next time we come. Off the strip, good restaurants, not like crazy strip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jill D
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed April 13, 2013

If you are planning a Vegas trip with family and kids this is the place to go. Allows you Vegas style fun yet you are in a family friendly location. Pool staff are amazing along with valet. The dark furniture in the room shows every piece of dust. We had to ask for them to actually clean the room (more than the surface clean that they do). Bathroom faucet was broken. They said they fixed it but it was dripping the entire week. We gave up asking after that.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family