“Great room and fantastic pool. Service could be better.”

Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa
Ranked #34 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I have stayed at Red Rock about one and half year ago. When I arrived the hotel at about 11p.m. ,I checked in and found out my room was not cleaned. There were still trash left from last customer all over the room. I called the housekeeping and had to go down to the casino to kill time for them to clean as I didn't want to stay in a room that isn't clean. I came back to my room 25 mins later and still no one has cleaned it. I called again and waited for another 10 minutes to finally get someone to come.

Although housekeeping and front desk staff were courteous, and they also waived my restaurant charge while waiting, but I didn't want to have to hang around the casino at 11pm when I just finished a 5-hr flight. Especially when the room was $250 a night, I expected them at least to be professional.

Except this frustrating experience, I have to say I loved the stay. The room was spacious with great view and the pool was gorgeous.

I subsequently moved to Vegas and now I still come here as a local. I like their casino, it's not as crowded as those on the strip and a welcoming atmosphere. Lots of fun machines and there's food court and two starbucks. Very convenient. Also $1.99 breakfast for all nighters.

I'd like to stay in their room again, but I hope they have improved their communication in housekeeping department.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

This Hotel is one of the top choices to my next Vegas trip. I went there and the rooms are very clean and the beds are really comfortable. This is not a hotel in the Las Vegas Strip, its more ideal with families with children. It has a bowling alley and some kid place that looked cool and a movie theater! :) pools are really nice and the staff is very caring too. I recommend this hotel and the price is reasonable too. You will love it!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Yhhjcxg
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was a great place to stay for work and to relax after attending a full day at a stressful conference. I was at the resort from Sunday thru Wednesday. The shuttle from the airport to the resort was a nice perk! This resort is away from the strip so it was very quiet and relaxing. The rooms are very comfortable and very clean. I love that the bathroom was the size of some hotel rooms I have stayed at in the past and the shower and tub were separate! My room was on the 18th floor and the wind was howling for 2 nights. I ate at the Café, Buffet and Yard House and all were very good! The SPA, allows access to guests even if you don’t sign up for a Spa treatment. I used the gym every day and some of the amenities (therapies treatments) and the staff made you feel very welcome. The conference food they served was okay for conference food. They also offer a shuttle to the Fashion Mall right from the Resort, then you can jump on the trolly to the strip if you need more excitement. My two complaints are that the casino was very smoky and the slots are mostly video and they were not paying out much!

Room Tip: My room was on the 18th floor and a long distance from the elevator and I could hear the wind howl...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 14, 2013

WOW, Red Rock was a great place to stay, work and relax. I attended a conference at the resort from Wed thru Saturday. First off I love that this place is away from the strip so not too much riff raff around to make the experience even better. I did arrive early 10 AM so my room wasn't ready but they had me in within an hour and there are plenty of places to hang out. Rooms are very comfortable sizable and especially clean. I love that the shower and tub were separate and the bathroom was the size of some hotel rooms I have seen. The property is immaculate an dwell kept. I ate at the steakhouse, buffet and sushi bar and each one is top notch. The SPA, i cant say enough about how nice the spa/gym is at this property. I went every day and twice on Friday. The staff is extremely courteous and they make you feel like you are at home. The convention was great and all the food they served was top notch. My only complaint was the casino was smoky, not like old town but enough to bother me. Next time I want to take my family since it is so family friendly.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SK8CJ
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We were out hiking all morning at red rock canyon and then had an evening flight.A massage was in order for the afternoon.We didn't stay here but came in for a spa afternoon and was pleasantly surprized. Calm relaxing atmosphere, clean, excellent helpful staff. Separate areas for men and women- hot tub, cold plunge (could have been colder),steam and sauna.Dressing area with all the ammenities . A rest area while waiting for your massage or service, coed outdoor pool and fitness room.Massage was really wonderful, as I am in the business I can be very particular but Gil had experienced and firm hands. We slept well on the plane! Well worth the money. We will stay here next time we come. Off the strip, good restaurants, not like crazy strip.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jill D
Reviewed April 13, 2013

If you are planning a Vegas trip with family and kids this is the place to go. Allows you Vegas style fun yet you are in a family friendly location. Pool staff are amazing along with valet. The dark furniture in the room shows every piece of dust. We had to ask for them to actually clean the room (more than the surface clean that they do). Bathroom faucet was broken. They said they fixed it but it was dripping the entire week. We gave up asking after that.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2013

After reading a few reviews I was concerned with check in ESP since our flight was delayed almost 3 hours. We were pleasantly surprised at check in with only one person in front of us. Check in was fast, but we were surprised when the clerk said she had a 2 bedroom suite for only $750 extra PER NIGHT. We were only paying $59 per night due to a special, so we decided to keep our original room. As per many reviews the long walk to the room is a bit exhausting. The elevators are only at one end so be prepared to walk.

Rooms were large, clean, and well decorated. The bathroom was large and all marble. I loved the walk in shower and deep tub with TV. Very quiet. Also you have a robe in the closet that is the softest robe ever.

The buffet breakfast is a bargain at $6.99 with players card. ($13.99 on Sundays with champagne) if you stay at the hotel you get in a different line that is usually shorter but make sure to bring your room key. The food was good and service good too. We checked out the cafe menu but just to have oatmeal was $6 without drinks....so stick with buffet.

The pool area was nice and they had plenty of chairs ...it had turned cold so didn't have the chance to use it.

The hotel does charge for "resort fee" at $24.99 per day (my package had it reduced to $12.99 per day) it includes use of gym and wifi in your room. The gym has plenty of treadmills and elliptical machines and a small circuit. You can take as much free bottle of water.

We scheduled a spa treatment one day and thoroughly enjoyed it. The spa called a month prior telling us if you book a treatment 2 weeks in advance you would receive 25% off...so of course we did. Then in our room we got a call saying the next day we could receive 30% off...but unfortunately it was the day we were leaving. The spa is beautiful and has a hot tub and sauna. You can also enjoy their private pool area...complete with waiter to take your order for food or drink, however no alcohol is served there. Also free bottles of water here too.

You should definitely have a car to stay here. Lots of shopping and restaurants near by and say access to everything.

Overall a great relaxing hotel. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends