“Week end getaway”

Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa
Ranked #31 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed over a weekend for a little getaway, the rooms are very nice, I had to bring my own coffee maker in order to have coffee in my room, though. I don't like Starbucks coffee, and that was the only other option (and you had to go down and stand in a long line to buy it!) The fact that it is far from the Strip was a plus for us, it was quiet and easy to get around to the places we wanted to go. The extra $25 per night resort fee was kind of a bummer, but it did include the internet, so that made it not so bad. The bed was very comfortable, bathroom was amazing!

Room Tip: ask for a room near the elevators, with a mountain view. The walk was like a half mile to get to our...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (4,248)

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I'd been to Red Rock before with friends, but this time opted to take my kids. I'm not a huge fan of kids in Vegas, but I figured we were far enough off the strip that it would be ok.

There is SO much for the kids to do - we bowled, we went to the movies, we ate until we were stuffed.

Everything was clean, the food was great - the ONLY complaint I have is that the first day we were at the pool, we began to order food and drinks and the blonde waitress was SO rude. Beyond. She was annoyed that we had 5 children with us, despite the fact that we were ordering an abundance of food and drink.

Room Tip: They say they don't have adjoining rooms, but they do!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank GMoney74
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed here during an industry exhibition that was on-site. The facility itself is really nice - great amenities (most of which I didn't get to use), good food, nice exhibition area and meeting rooms. I didn't like that the cost per night was much higher than other similar hotels and it is SO FAR away from the strip and airport - like $70 cab ride away from each. If you miss the free shuttle you are just out of luck. Other than the resort/casino, it doesn't appear there's much else to do in the area. I only stayed here because it made sense for work, but if I had to return to Vegas with no strings attached, I'd most likely stay somewhere closer to everything else in the city.

Also on lesser notes, there were hairs that didn't belong to me in my bathtub upon arrival (ew), and there are somewhat high charges for shipping packages to the hotel in advance.

Room Tip: Do NOT get a room on the far side of the hotel unless you are ready for a hike. They told me my roo...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We've never stayed off-strip before but wanted a place that would give us some "down-time" to enjoy our visiting grandkids. My daughter found this resort about 15 mins outside of Vegas. There are two other resorts in the area, but we got an incredible deal on this one and had to try it.

We had 2 separate rooms (pool side/Red rock view on level 10 and the Vegas Strip view on the 16th floor. Both rooms were the same lay-out and were spacious, tastefully done, clean and quiet. There's a large pool area that's particularly great for kids. The private spa area was absolutely PHENOMIAL for adults - high end features with the sauna, stream room whirlpool, cooling pool and great shower/locker room that is fully stocked....just bring a bathing suit and room key. There's also a quiet room with hot teas/waters and a separate quiet area lap pool surrounded by chairs and semi-private alcoves. EXTREMELY relaxing - even without having to spend a penny on spa treatment, which of course were available for a set price. We're Palace Premier Vacation Members and this spa area was similar in quality...VERY GOOD

Dislikes: Small point -- there were ton of kids in the outside hot tubs....pet peeve of mind, but I'm not sure how the hotel can manage this, since it's really a family area. When I discovered the private spa area that was included in resort fees, I no longer cared about this.

Extra Comments: The hotel is only 15 mins away from the Vegas strip and craziness. We spent 2 days at Red Rock and 2 at Paris on the Strip. I'd spend ALL my time at Red Rock, if/when I return. The hotel does offer a shuttle to/from airport and to/from strip; but the timing is limited, so check on whether you'd prefer to rent a car.

I'd also allocate 1-2 days exploring the Red Rock Canyon National Park. Great sites and many trails. $7 a car load and if you're over 62, you can sign up for a LIFETIME pass for seniors for all National Parks for just $10...only 3 more bucks than the one-day pass!

Lastly, I loved the food onsite at Red Rock. It was cheaper than the Strip and there were other options off-site in the immediate area. Bottom-line: GREAT place and GREAT value. Going again!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank cocoacat
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stayed for 5 nights and our stay was excellent. Lovely spacious room and huge, deceptively comfortable bathtub with tv on the wall. The pool area is fantastic and the loungers are amazing, like an outdoor bed! We ate at the buffet every morning which was amazing value at $6.99 (with the players card which is free to sign up to so no reason not to, even if you do so just for for the buffet discount!) The buffet has unlimited food and drink, even ice cream for breakfast if you like (!) and kept us going all day. Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bevdoll5
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I never thought Las Vegas and family vacation go together. But it does. You don't really have to leave the hotel for anything. There are a bunch of "nice" restaurants, but they also have a food court with a Rubios, an Italian place, burgers, ice cream..... 2 Starbucks, a gigantic movie theatre, a bowling alley.The all you can eat buffet is 6.99$ p. p for breakfast and the kids really enjoyed the dessert buffet. If your kids eat to many doughnuts and you want a few hours of quiet time you can drop them of at the "Kids Quest" kids care. They entertain your children for up to 5 hours .Meanwhile you can go to the spa or pool or have a nice meal at the steak house.The food is incredible and our favorite was the toffee cake for dessert. The Japanese restaurant is ok. It's a little overprized and I wouldn't go there again. The hotel offers a free shuttle to go to the strip. It's about 20 minutes away. A cab is 40$. One way. Drop off and pick up is right behind the fashion mall. The Rain Forest Café at the MGM is a good place for any meal with kids. We didn't run into any "half dressed" people or crazy spring breakers like other people.

Room Tip: Higher floors have am incredible view. Pick a room half way to the elevator.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank luau2010
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Red Rocks Casino Resort is a nice property. It has a good pool area and a nice spa. It was clean and well-maintained. The service was quite good and everyone seemed genuinely friendly.
Just know that you are 15-20 min drive to the heart of the Strip at this resort. You are close to Red Rocks Canyon.

The hallway to some rooms can be really really long.

Room Tip: Get closer to the elevator, otherwise you will walk for a mile to your room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple