“Nice!”

Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa
Ranked #33 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Very nice hotel. Clean, modern. People were friendly. Gambling was good. Not too stuffy like on the strip. The only drawback was that our room was at the end of the mile long hallway. It was really far. I would request a room near the elevator next time.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shari I
There are newer reviews for Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We had a great stay. The hotel was very nice. The hotel is off the strip, so it is a more relaxed Vegas experience. The TBone restaurant was amazing, but pricey. The only complaint is that the t.v. remote didn't work well and that there wasn't any shopping there. Overall we had an awesome time.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kinderteacher4
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed here in October 2012 as a solo traveller. I asked for a room away from the elevators and I got it! It was a very long walk each night but worth it for the peace and quiet. I think this was the quietest hotel I have stayed at in Las Vegas. My room was very well equipped and the bed very comfortable. There was a lovely pool area and although the pool was freezing (well it was October), I managed to get in a few hours in the sun. The casino is like all the rest - you put your money in the machines and you don't win! Some really nice restaurants at good prices in the resort and a useful shuttle bus with a regular service down to the strip. All in all it was a good stay and I would certianly consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor well away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Jordache1
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I just returned from a 5 day business conference at the Red Rock and this has been my 5th time at the Red Rock. Once again, this resort and casino delivered on every level.
Let me be perfectly clear: during my five times I've been to Vegas, I've never been to the strip. Pathetic, I know! But the reason is that every time it's been a business trip and we get very little free time. I'm mentioning all of this because I can't make any (and I won't try to make any) valid comparisons between the Red Rock and any other resort/casino you will find in Vegas. I'm only commenting on my experience with this resort.
Location - probably my only complaint about this place. It's not close to the strip, although shuttle service is provided. If you are attending a business conference with long days, this won't be a resort where you can quickly access the strip for a short time. The plus side of the location is that it's nestled close to Red Rock Canyon and it's beautiful. During the morning hours, the canyon rocks are reflected in the mirrored windows on the resort - gorgeous!
Rooms - compared to hotel rooms in general, the standard rooms here are top notch. They are fairly large in size, very clean and ultra contemporary but with warm decor. I absolutely love the bathrooms. The toilet area is separated by a pocket door and the bathroom is large. A deep tub and separate standing shower with a glass door, along with double sinks are all tastefully detailed with very nice marble and tile. There's even a small flat screen television in the bathroom and a telephone in the toilet area - although I'd be quite reluctant to use the phone!
The dining was top notch. All of the food provided at our business meetings was delicious and presented beautifully. The restaurants on the casino floor were great too. My only complaint was the service at the Japanese restaurant (Hachi) was very slow, but that really should be noted in a review of that particular restaurant. The Cherry nightclub was a blast.
Service - the service from the door staff, bartenders, maids, to the staff who helped us find our conference rooms was fantastic - all were EXTREMELY pleasant and helpful.
I can't comment on the value because it was paid by corporate, but even if it is pricey it's well worth it! I would highly recommend this resort to anyone going on vacation as well as anyone on a business trip. Thanks for another great week, Red Rock!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Brewhound
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We had a great 2 night stay. We rented a car but it isn't needed if you are gambling and seeing the strip. This is a very nice hotel with large clean rooms with nice views. There is a large 50" plasma TV in all rooms and a small TV in the bathroom along with a phone. The TV remotes and phones are sanitized after each guest leaves. There is a small wall safe, a closet with robes, and an iron. The lights have dimmers so you can adjust the lighting. There is no coffee maker or cups in the deluxe king and queen rooms. The bar fridge is stocked with juice and alcohol. Read all the instructions carefully to avoid charges.
The pool area is great and large. Unfortunately the pool closed at 4:00 pm daily on Feb 14 -16 th. They do charge $200 per day for the covered cabanas. On site there are also movie theatres and a bowling alley.
Parking and WiFi is free and the staff is very friendly and helpful.
There is a resort fee of $24.95 which is extra per night.
This resort is very close to Costco and Wholefoods which was a big plus for us.
There is a very large casino and many excellent restaurants. This high end resort is recommended especially for those wanting to be away from the strip.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank skyrider705
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband found a spectacular deal for three nights at the Red Rock resort. We were lucky enough to have a view of the gorgeous Red Rocks so that only added to our experience. Choices for food was incredible. Casino was smallish but we aren't gamblers so that wasn't important to us. Loved that you didn't have to go through the Casino to get to our rooms. We had a car and used the shuttle bus, only had one difficulty when the show we went to on the strip went longer than planned (that was a bonus) but we did miss the shuttle back and had to pay for a taxi (good thing my husband had won a nice jackpot before we left that evening).

All in all a wonderful experience and I would gladly stay there again and just go to the strip when I wanted.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JoanneandGeoff
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We only stopped on the off-chance of a late breakfast and an hour of slot fun. We were en route to Red Rock Canyon. We were also 15 minutes late for breakfast officially but they accommodated us. In fact they invited us to help ourselves to lunch items if preferred but still charged as breakfast. A really nice buffet with a good selection and helpful staff. And the slots were loose too!

It's a very well turned out location and well worth the short drive from the Strip. Clean with fragrant air and a pleasure to play here. Plenty of parking as well. If you're thinking of hiring a car to visit the Canyon I'd seriously factor some time in for a pit stop here.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple