“Beautiful Rooms”

Ranked #31 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Danville, California
“Beautiful Rooms”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

The rooms are just beautiful at this hotel.
The staff is very accommodating.
They have a lovely bar on the first level that made it nice to meet people and have a drink
They offer complimentary shuttle to and from airport and strip.
The facilities are first class.
They have many restaurants in all price ranges.
They have a large casino and it offers all the different ways to gamble.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, the views area really nice.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank berky
JohnAndersonRedRock, Manager at Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to post here on Trip Advisor.
I am glad you enjoyed everything that the property had to offer!

Travel safe and Travel Often,

Red Rock Casino ● Resort ● Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,231)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Kelowna BC
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Beautiful property. We had the pleasure of staying at the Red Rock in August. Our lovely large room overlooked the pool area. The room was clean and spacious. We visited several of the restaurants in the hotel and had great service from all of them. We loved sitting in the lounge by the lobby during happy hour. Juaquine (sp?) the bartender/server was fantastic. The spa facilites were clean and modern. Would definately recommend this place and will come back.

Room Tip: Hallways are long but unless you have mobility issues it's not really a big deal.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
JohnAndersonRedRock, Manager at Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thanks for taking this time to post your review. I will be sure to pass along the great feedback to our team members in lobby bar!

Travel Safe and Travel Often,

Irvine, California
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Red Rock Resort has the amenities of a Las Vegas experience without being on the strip. My modern, spacious and comfortable room had a very deep bathtub with its own TV and separate marbled shower area. The pool area is beautifully designed and includes a wading pool and poolside bar. Hotel service is very responsive--concierge printed my boarding pass and delivered it to my room. A previous reviewer noted the noise level (music) and it is especially loud in the casino, but this is Las Vegas after all (technically Summerlin a suburb of LV proper). Retreating to the quiet of my room I enjoyed beautiful sunrises and sunsets overlooking the Red Rock mountain area. By the way, on a previous trip, I visited the Red Rock Canyon area. It has good hiking, rock climbing, mountain biking trails and a visitor center with beautiful outdoor displays and helpful guides. The 13 mile loop drive through this rusty colored desert canyon is wondrous.
Lots of choices for food at the Red Rock: Feast Buffet was OK for dinner and for $15 with a 'boarding pass' a good buy. It's all you would expect from what seems to be a Las Vegas standard. Yard House has a huge menu and beer selection with a very loud ambience and good service. Terra Rossa, the Italian restaurant, has a freshly prepared menu, although limited, of typical fare. I enjoyed the linguini and clams, my friends enjoyed the squash ravioli and spaghetti bolognese. The Grand Cafe has a spa menu with lighter fare. I had breakfast there- one day a delicious egg white frittata with fresh micro-greens and goat cheese. I enjoyed the strawberry and banana smoothie on a second visit. They also have several fast food places including Rubio's, Fat Burger, and Panda Express. I stayed there for a three-day conference; their meeting and event facilities are top rate.

Room Tip: You may want to request your choice of a mountain view or Las Vegas strip view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Great review…thanks for taking the time to post. Looks like you made the most of this conference and really got to enjoy the resort.

Travel Safe and Travel Often,

New York City, New York
Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Very nice hotel and casino. I stayed here for a business conference for 4 days. I shared a room with 2 other coworkers it was huge , much bigger than your average room. I had a massage at their in house spa . So relaxing one of the best massages ever. I only was able to experience the pool area the morning of our last day but it was gorgeous I would definately stay here the next time I am in Las Vegas.

• Stayed June 2012
JohnAndersonRedRock, Manager at Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Sounds like you were able to mix a little business with a lot of relaxation!
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My hubby, my 3 y.o. daughter and I just stayed at the Red Rock from 11/4/12 (Sunday) to 11/6/12 (Tuesday). We were there to have a mini vacation before our next child is born. We have been to Vegas countless times (I have averaged 3 trips per year for the past 10 or so years) and have stayed in lots of the 4 and 5 star hotels on the Strip.

Kid’s club/child care:

We decided to try the Red Rock because I found out that they have a licensed child care center on site, called Kid’s Quest. The website stated that the rate was $8/hr; turns out it was actually $9/hr (not a big deal, but I thought I would mention it). They also gave us a 5% discount because we signed up for the player’s card. My daughter loved it from the moment she walked in. She yanked her shoes off and was excited to get in the room to play and explore. The security seemed good as they did not let any parents past the gate (staff and kids only). They also mandate that the kids wear socks at all times and no shoes; we had to buy socks there because we didn’t want to make the long walk back to our room to get her socks! They were only $3.50. They also had a couple features I thought were nice: 1. they can put your child on “Potty patrol”, meaning that they will ask your child every hour if they need to use the bathroom. 2. you can give your child “credit” to allow them to buy drinks and snacks (a drink was $1.25---very reasonable). My daughter didn’t use her credit; I think she may have been too young to understand how it worked. Probably could have asked the staff to just give her a drink and charge me. By the way, they only charge you if your child actually uses the credit. As far as my husband and I know, Red Rock is the only casino in Vegas with such a childcare facility. I was glad that my daughter loved it so much; she asked to go back even when she looked exhausted!

The room:

When we arrived, they offered us an upgrade for an additional cost. With a bit of negotiation, they gave us an upgrade to a “Signature suite” for $35 per night (closer to $39 with tax), which is a 1 bedroom suite; they told us that such an upgrade is typically $100/night but they made an exception for us since they had so many suites available. The suite was over 1000 sq ft of gorgeousness!! We had 1 huge full bath complete with a jetted soaking tub and a television (my daughter loved being able to watch Dora and Spongebob during her bath) plus a second half bath in the living area, which was very handy to have when my daughter was asleep in the bedroom. My husband and I enjoyed being able to still read, watch television, surf the internet, etc. in the living room even after my daughter had gone to bed for the night. When we have stayed at other hotels, the whole family has ended up going to bed at the same time since my daughter needs total darkness to fall asleep. So we felt the extra money for the upgrade was worth every penny!

The pool:

Although beautiful, they had just reduced the hours that the pool would be open because daylight savings time had just ended the day we arrived. So the pool was only open 10am to 4 pm! I actually can see why they did this because we observed that the sun was only on the pool during those hours anyway. Without the sun, it was just too cold to be in the regular pool. They did have a couple hot tubs in the pool area; my hubby took my daughter in one of those (I couldn’t partake in my pregnant state!).

The Spa:

They let us have a free entrance to the spa since our room was not ready when we were checking in. I couldn’t take advantage of most of the facilities being pregnant, but I did go in just to see. It was lovely! Several nice quiet areas with comfortable seating to be able to relax. They offered some teas, bottled waters, and fruit. There was a heated jetted pool and also a cold pool. They also had a sauna and steam room. Would love to come back another time post pregnancy!

The Location:

This is my only “complaint”, and that is a strong word; the hotel is at least 20 minutes from the Strip and is really in the suburbs. I believe it’s in Summerlin because the strip mall across the street was called Summerlin Centre.

Check-in and check-out:

By far, this was the quickest check in we have ever experienced in Vegas! Granted, we checked in on a Sunday, which is typically a slower day. However, we have previously stood in long lines to check in at other hotels on a Sunday. At the Red Rock, there was no line! Also, they gave my daughter a little bear with the Red Rock logo on it; a nice touch I thought! When we tried to check-out using the television, we were not able to enter my email address using the wireless keyboard in our room; my husband thinks the batteries were low. Since we needed a copy of the receipt, we had to check out at the front desk. That turned out to be super fast and not a problem. The bell man also came really quick (faster than we expected) and he even got our car from valet for us! So, after we got our receipt from the front desk, we walked right out to our car, which was being loaded with our bags by the bell man! Super efficient and the fastest check-out we had ever experienced in Vegas!

Room Tip: Try to get an upgrade to a suite if you have little kids with you! You can negotiate the price of th...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Digoryk
I like to call Red Rock ‘the most family friendly resort in Las Vegas’ and I am glad to hear that you and your family were able to enjoy all the amenities. Those Red Rock Teddy Bears come in (4) colors so you will have to come back and collect them all!

Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed November 8, 2012

A great change from "the strip", but not a place for peace & quiet! This place rocks!! Loud elevator music. REALLY loud at the pool. (Sometimes competing rock music). That said, the rooms are modern and spacious. You have a view of the strip or the mountains. Excellent service and comfortable bedding. Several restaurants and a hugh food court with lots to choose from. A movie theater, bowling alley, and a special room just for kids to play arcade games.
The spa is excellent as well. I'm not a gambler and to see kids schlepped through a casino doesn't sit well with me, but there really is everything there! Just don't expect R & R........./this is HIGH energy!! Also....in addition to the room charge there is a $26 "resort fee" with services that most people (including me) never use!

Room Tip: Decide if you want to look at the strip or the mountains
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank generalnansi
Something for everyone – one of the best qualities at Red Rock. There is literally something for everyone to do.
Thanks for posting here on Trip Advisor.

Massachusetts
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed at Red Rock for a business trip recently, and found it to be a great off-strip resort. Beautifully designed and comfortable. The hotel was immaculate -- from the hallways to meeting rooms to sleeping rooms. Gorgeous pool and outdoor area. The food was quite good as well. I ate at two restaurants, at business functions and had room service. Service was also great in the hotel and casino areas. Two Starbucks - awesome!!! Saved the best for last. I got a great deal at the spa and booked an 80-minute massage. Fantastic! Only downside was the lighting in the rooms -- very dark decor (gorgeous) and very little lighting. Visually appealing, but not great on older eyes.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank gms9855
You can never have too many starbucks'!
Thanks for taking the time to review.