Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa(Las Vegas)
  • Fitness center
4,293 results
All reviewsbowling alleygrand cafeyard houseoff the stripfeast buffetmovie theaterkids questcanyon viewfood courtt bonedowntown summerlinpool areaminute drivebeautiful resortresort feefree shuttlesoaking tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 25, 2011

This is a newer place, and a nicer quieter alternative to the strip. The rooms are a tad smaller than some, and have "only" two flat screen TVs, but have better decor than most. Unfortunately, like strip hotels, it is hard to navigate and there are few freebies that you will find even at most cheap motels these days, despite the mandatory "resort fee": No coffee maker in room, no free newspaper, no free business center, etc.
Hints:
1. You can get the best deal by exploring and drilling down into the hotel website. Perhaps the best strategy is booking the cheapest rate you can find on the website, then asking for a free upgrade to a canyon view when you check in.
2. The buffet is very cheap and a terrific value, though we only used it for breakfast. Everything in the food court is awful and overpriced.
3. The best entertainment in Las Vegas is Red Rock Canyon 5 miles west and the 13 mile loop drive there, with spectacular views and short easy hikes available. Since there is no money to be made by the crooks who run Vegas, the local "guidebooks" ignore it and the suckers at the slot machines ignore it.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2011

Nice place.. everything 1st class I would recomend it to anyone who wants to go to Vegas, and not be too close to the strip.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 24, 2011

Amazing place. In the suburbs of Vegas with great views of the mountains. This place is incredible. The staff is beyond helpful. The only hiccup, the elevators require your room key for access. The keys seems to not work that well. 50% of the time my key would not work. Two keys later I got a good one. Otherwise very nice experience especially with huge bathrooms. One more, this hotel has the fastest and consistent (free) wireless internet I have seen in my life.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 24, 2011

This was my first stay at a Vegas hotel not on the strip. Having read the reviews, I expected something great, but it was not all that. Our room was located WAY down the corridor, away from the elevators. We met a couple whose wife used a walker; they had to ask for a room change due to the distance. I guess since I've stayed on the strip so many times, I felt like there wasn't enough to do at Red Rock. Yes, you could pay to see a movie or bowl, but is that really why anyone goes to Vegas? And so much for the "locals friendly" slots - I won more when we left after two nights and stayed on the strip. The buffet food was good and surprisingly cheap. Fortunately hotel guests can bypass the long lines - and they are lengthy. My biggest complaint was a little bit of false advertising. The printout of my confirmation clearly stated that the resort fee was $24.99 per night, but my bill listed it as $27.99. When I questioned this I was told that the fee was taxed. Okay, fine - but put that in the confirmation also. List it as $24.99 plus tax, or lump it into the total fee and THEN tax it. I just found it misleading. I also didn't get any love from the front desk when I questioned it. Would it have killed them to remove the $6? I'm really not a nickle and dimer, but it was the principle. I think Red Rock would be great if you have kids, but it wasn't the Vegas experience I was used to for my husband and me.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MDtravelertoo
Reviewed March 24, 2011

From the decor of both the rooms and the hotel, the restaurant selection and customer service, this is the place for me to call home when I visit Las Vegas!!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family