“Exquisite Traditional French Fine Dining”

L'Atelier De Joel Robuchon
Reserve with OpenTable
L'Atelier De Joel Robuchon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 5,298 Restaurants in Las Vegas
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Winner of Michelin's Three Star, Forbes Five-Star, AAA Five Diamond, and Wine Spectator's Grand Award, Joel Robuchon has redefined Las Vegas fine dining. Joel Robuchon was named France's Chef of the Century by the esteemed Gault Millau restaurant guide. Coming out of retirement to open his first restaurant in the United States, Joel Robuchon caters to a sophisticated palate that features a menu of his finer specialties. Limited seating creates the intimacy one can expect from Joel Robuchon. Reservations strongly recommended. Choose from the multi-course tasting menus or order a la carte. Specialties include Le Caviar, a trio dish of thin couscous and Oscetra caviar, smooth cauliflower cream, and delicate gelee of green asparagus.
Reviewed August 16, 2014

There is no question or doubt in my mind that Joël Robuchon deserves nothing less than five stars and is one of the best restaurants I've ever been to.

My company was hosting its annual holiday Vegas vacation, so I knew I wanted to dine somewhere nice as I rarely ever get the chance to when in Sin City with friends (typical meals include McDonald's, Earl's, and a buffet). I made reservations easily on the phone a month in advance and inquired about the complimentary limo service. I was told to call back 7-days before my dinner reservation to reserve. I called back 6-days before and was told there was no availability and was put on a waiting list. So when they say to call a week in advance, you better call a week in advance.

Our party of four didn't end up getting limo service or the mansion tour, but Joël Robuchon is truly a beautiful restaurant and amazing enough on its own. From the moment we stepped in, we were amazed by the beautiful decor and furniture, elegant royal purple theme, and intricate ceiling and chandelier. The ambiance is lovely, romantic, and simply gorgeous.

We decided to go with the 4-course Prix Fixe Menu ($198 pp). Everything was delicious. The appetizers, the mains, the desserts, everything. I've been to 1- and 2-starred Michelin restaurants before, and now I finally know that that one extra star truly does make a difference. Le Homard (spiced lobster) was my favorite appetizer, followed by Le Navet Rouge (scallops). For my main, I ordered Le Bar (grilled sea bass), which was good but lost the round to La Langouste (spiny lobster) and Le Bœuf (braised beef cheeks). If I were to go back again, I'd definitely get the the beef cheeks; they were so tender and flavorful. Dessert was amazing -- if you're ordering any, you must get La Sphère, a bubble sugar sphere filled with blueberries, yogurt sorbet, candied lemon, and violet cream. Not only was it aesthetically pleasing, it made my sweet tooth very happy. Le Soufflé is also a must! Not too sweet, not too bitter, it went terrifically well with the vanilla ice cream it was served with. Perfect ending to a fantastic dinner. I would have to say however, both the amuse-bouche and mignardises were fairly mediocre when compared to the rest.

The bread cart was intense, with more than 10 different selections to choose from. The mignardises cart was equally as impressive and stunning. There were over 20 selections of different sweet treats to choose from; it was pretty overwhelming. I wish I could've tried everything but I really didn't want to look like a fatty. My favorites from the cart were the canelés and macarons.

Service was good. Our water glasses were constantly refilled (explains how we ended up with a $40 tab on water alone), timing between courses was perfect (though there was a little hiccup between our last dessert course and mignardises), and while the staff was supremely attentive, they were also generally unobtrusive.

After our meal ended, the ladies in our group were each presented with a giant loaf of bread in a purple gift bag. If your meal doesn't fill you up, this bread definitely will.

2  Thank thefinchster
Write a ReviewReviews (1,729)

Reviewed August 14, 2014

My husband and I had such a good dinner here. If you are going to enjoy yourself, you have to leave your concerns about price at the door. The breads are to die for! And the meats melt in your mouth. OUTSTANDING service. If you are thinking about this - don't think any longer. Just make a reservation - you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

You know those experiences where you feel as though you are being cared for and carried from one amazement to another? This is it. You want a destination experience? This is it. Listen, you're going to spend money on food so you can continue to survive. Sometimes, you should spend a little bit more so you can continue to realize why you live. At least once, you should treat yourself by traveling to Joel Robuchon and simply drinking in the experience.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

Having enjoyed many good restaurants around the world I was not sure what to expect. However, from the moment we walked in we enjoyed excellent service and outstanding food presentation. The bread trolley was the beginning of our wonderful journey through the evening only topped by the amazing array of petit fours on the post dinner trolley. The restaurant could be classified as expensive but not when you consider what is offered. An amazing night to remember and better for having enjoyed it with friends who are complete foodies. Don't miss the experience.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

My companion and I dined in Joel Robuchon in 2009. It was the best meal I ever ate. Since 2009, we have visited numerous 3* restaurants both in Europe and the US, and while some have come close (and the 2* Atelier in Paris came very close), none had matched it yet. Because we both had something to celebrate, we made a special trip back to Vegas to try it again. We chose August because it is the time of year when produce is at its best. We both chose the degustation menu.

There were a couple of items on the menu that were outstanding: the kale cream; the asparagus; and the scallop. Everything else was either below standard or instantly forgettable. The restaurant appeared to be skimping on everything (at these prices!!). We got smaller servings of foie gras and caviar. The beef (which was tough) was not Waygu. We were not served any amuses bouche. After our prior visit, we raved about the bread and the cheese. This time the bread appeared less than fresh (and rewarmed in a microwave) and the cheese appeared to have been bought at Costco. Although this is August, there was no sign of a tomato course (there was some tomato in the kale, but that was it), and the fruit dessert was strawberries, good but not truly seasonal. We believed some dishes simply did not work (the sauce with the black cod tasted at though it came out of a bottle and the sea urchin was overpowered by coffee). While these last two might simply be a matter of taste, the poor service was not.

Most of the servers were fine; some were excellent - especially the older French server on the patio. However, in a restaurant of this caliber, all diners should be served at the same time, and the diners should all be at the table. I went off to the ladies' room, and when I came back, my next course was on the table. The sommelier, whom I asked to pair some wines (I don't do the entire wine pairing, because I want to remember what I ate) forgot all about me though he was at the next table a number of times- I had to ask for a second glass of wine when we got to the last savory course, the beef, and then was given a Pinot Noir, that while very good, could not have been the best wine to pair with the course. We were not offered the cheese course (because they were embarrassed it was so bad); we did not get refills on water - they simply took the empty bottle away. Just not 3*

They also do not seem to enforce the dress code - jeans, t-shirts, sneakers, sweat pants and baseball caps were all visible. All in all a huge and costly disappointment.

4  Thank DHLJP

Been to L'Atelier De Joel Robuchon? Share your experiences!