“Wonderful... but so expensive!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Mansion at MGM Grand

We can't find prices for this hotel
The Mansion at MGM Grand
You added The Mansion at MGM Grand to your Saves list
Ranked #118 of 267 Hotels in Las Vegas
Dallas
“Wonderful... but so expensive!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

The Mansion is definitely in a league of its own but the experience would have been phenomenal if I didn't have to pay the tab. The one bedrooms start at $5,000/night and the two bedrooms are $7,500/night. We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite for the weekend and after food, beverage, taxes, shows, etc., our bill was nearly $25,000.00 for the weekend. Considering the cost, there are many places that are just as nice or nicer. I think what you are really paying for is the service, privacy, and exclusivity - for the price, you had better get it. Now, when we go to Vegas we tend to stay in the nice two bedroom penthouse suites at the Wynn. It costs us $1,500/night average for nearly 2,000sq ft of space. The rooms and baths are fabulous, and I like the in-room massage room and the views. You definitely don't get the service from The Mansion at MGM but at $20,000 less a weekend, I don't mind so much. If I was a billionaire I would definitely appreciate the privacy, service, and attention to detail. Until that time, we'll reserve our visits to very, very special occasions!

If you are lucky enough to not have to pay for your stay, appreciate what you're getting!!! I would love to get freebie weekends there.

Room Tip: If you have kids and want to enjoy quality time with your spouse, there is an excellent sitting serv...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
40 Thank K K

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
valencia,ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

You do not need many words to describe this place - total privacy and luxry are the only words you need. Totally separated from the outside world by the high walls and heavy steel gates around the small parking lot, and the only hallway which leads to the mansion from the hotel is monitored by well mannered staff 24/7. The courtyard with sky-high glass top ceiling was absolutely serene with lush plants, and the swiming pool was meticulous. Everything about the masion was extraordinary but what impressed me the most was water pressure in the shower room. Water pressure was so forceful, it did not take me more than 10 seconds to shampoo my hair. You may think I am joking. Ask me if I was not impressed by BVLGARI brand amenities in the bathroom. No, it did not impress me. Ask me if I was not impressed by a bottle of 1996 Opus 1 as a departure gift. No, it did not impress me. By the way, MGM's Fiamma Italian restaurant wine list listed a bottle of 1996 Opus 1 for over $900, if I remember correctly.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
21 Thank sjhan12652
BOONIES
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

If you have the means, or more likely the casino credit line, do not miss an opportunity to stay here. The entire place is so serene you won't even think you are in the MGM at all or even in Las Vegas for that matter. There is absolutely no hustle and bustle, you may not even see another guest. The atrium is beautiful and especially so at night with the trees lit up with clear lights. The rooms are incredible. We usually stay in a 5000 square foot villa with 2 bedrooms and indoor pool. Our kids love it. Room services are all 5 star including their immaculate housekeeping. Anything goes here, whatever you ask for, they will get you. Concierge is unbelievably accommodating. Butlers are great, they get the kids video games, snacks, send out for groceries if you want something specific. I just can't say enough about this place. Most people will never even know that it exists. The Sklylofts upstairs at MGM are nice, but if you really want sheer excellence go to the Mansion.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
20 Thank KIDSWILLTRAVEL
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2010

Sleeping next to Tyrone Power's picture was a dream come true. Of all the hotel rooms we were destined for this one. Excellent start to our 2 weeks travel.

Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
6 Thank CatherineK2
Gillette, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2010

it was a bit expensive but well worth it if you have the cash!!

Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
4 Thank JeremyZ13
los angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2010

Unbelievable service and amenities!
I couldn't believe all the flowers were freshly picked
What great ornaments and decorations they display
How private and secluded the Mansion is from the bustle of MGM
They have surround-sound speakers
Relaxing and peaceful getaway with unmatched service and hospitality

• Liked — Special Relaxation and Amenities
  • Disliked — Too many workers around to maintain it ;]
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank janeyjan3
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

This is one of the the most luxurious places in Las Vegas as well as anywhere else in the world I've been. Stayed in a Villa with celebrity friends. Between the 6 bedrooms, living room, indoor pool & spa, gym, dining room, etc etc I felt like I had a hotel to myself! The private butler and staff were ridiculously accomodating. I only can hope my friends will take me again. Absolutely gorgeous and private hideaway in LV. 5 Stars!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends