“The most disappointing part of Body English all around had to be management.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Body English - CLOSED

Body English
Orange, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“The most disappointing part of Body English all around had to be management.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2009

I never thought I would complain after seeing Outkast in person at Body English, but that's just about the only thing that saved this place from a One-star rating. I missed the days when it was called "Baby's", but that no longer exists and we have this over hyped place called Body English.

The one and only reason I decided to come here was because I got an email from their club manager Chad stating that we were put on the guest list. On the email, it clearly stated that ladies get in free and guys get reduced admission of $20. To cut the long story short, it took about 45mins to by pass the line and $90 out of my wallet to get my gf and I into this place. The drinks were Vegas standard $10-$15 per drink, and of course you never get a buzz off those things.

The music was some old and new school hip hop. I was expecting a few tracks of progressive house/trance, but that never happened. Since it was a surprise appearance by Outkast, they had to stick to the theme of hip hop. So overall, I would rate the music very average compared to most clubs.

The club's sound system was good. They really noise proofed the room and had the speakers setup all at the right angles to keep the bass thumping hard directly on the dance floor. Your drinks would vibrate if you stand at just the right spots.

The clientele at this place was weak. I would say they featured more of a early 20's female crowd. I am not sure if they were trying to save money on go go dancers, but on Sundays they want girls to dress up as school girls but they look beat as hell. I saw a 300 lb chick with a school girl skirt that fit around her belly, and some Pokemon looking chick that was licking a lollipop.. uh yea.. no thanks. There were no fine females here. Guys, look elsewhere.

Lastly, the most disappointing part of Body English all around had to be management. They should send a spy out to XS, Tryst and Tao to see how things are done. There is absolutely no guestlist/VIP line. The line is basically a crowd around the front door. The promoters/bouncers let anything in a skirt in. I completely understand that bottle service takes presidence since they are well paying customers, but the whole 10 females to one guy policy is going put this place under. I mean at least get some real females in this place. Say no to a few chubby ones here and there.. for goodness sakes!

1 Thank royale11

Toronto, Ontario
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Body English is AMAZING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2009

Went to Body English on a Sunday night with 4 other girls. We got escorted right in, didn't have to wait or pay etc. The staff was definitely very friendly. This was probably because we were a group of ladies.

Drinks were the usual price, music was a mix of top 40/hip hop/r&b/house.

I wouldn't suggest buying passes or anything to get in. If you're walking around on the strip you can find club promoters everywhere. This is what we did and had no issues.

1 Thank d3e
snowbunny3
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great music - fun night!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2009

Went to Vegas for a ladies weekend shortly after a friend turned 21. We had a group of about 4 ladies in their early 20's and 3 in their late 30's. We showed up at Hard Rock at about 11 and found a huge crowd outside Body English. A little confused, we hung out in the back until we were approached by a man who said he could get us in. I assume he was a club promoter because he took all of us to the front right away and we entered without cover.

I've heard on any given night only about 30% of the people who show up to the club get in but I had a great time! Wednesday night had a bar downstairs with free champagne and vodka until midnight. Very crowded, but that's what you would expect for free drinks.

The club was very cool inside and the DJ was great, mixing old rock hits with new beats - the dance floor was filled with club promoters who hooked us up on guest lists to other clubs such as Tao and Lavo for the rest of our trip.

Later we made our way up to the VIP tables by just smiling at the bouncer. We hung out with some men from Israel and the bottle service was good. The waitresses were attractive and attentive.

Overall this was one of the best clubs I've been to in Vegas. If you can get in you will be rewarded with great music, beautiful women, and a fun "rock" vibe!

1 Thank snowbunny3
UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Not just difficult to get into. It's impossible.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2009

This is another 'review' by someone who failed to get into the club....

I was quite excited to be going to Godskitchen at Body English (Wednesday nights). I'd never been to this sort of club before so I checked out the dress code and best way to get in before the night we tried. There are various sites suggesting the dress code which vary a lot but the only consistent thing is 'no trainers or sports clothes'. I went and bought as new shirt to make sure I wasn’t turned away for being scruffy.

We rang early in the day and got ourselves onto the guest list. We arrived early at the hotel to make sure we weren't at the back of a long line (or queue as we say in the UK). At 9.20, just before the club was due to open we went and joined the very short line. Then things stared to get confusing....

Directly in front of the entrance is a roped off area. Inside this are several door staff and VIP hosts. There was a line off to the left, a line to the right and a bundle of people right in front of the entrance. We were told to stand in the short line off to the left. The line we were in did not seem to move. There were people being let in from both sides and periodically people were being let in from the 'bundle'. We waited for about 30 minutes by which time we were right in front of the entrance, mainly due to people in front of us giving up and leaving. We continued to wait and people were let in to the left of us and then to the right. The door staff just continually ignored us. At this point we got bored and went elsewhere.

Later we returned and there were hardly any people waiting. We went right to where we were waiting before, directly in front of the entrance. Again we waited for about 40 minutes with people being let in to the left and to the right. The door staff just complete ignored us.

I guess that I’m most peeved as I thought that the deal would have been, wait in line, when you get to the front you’ll either get let in or turned away due to being incorrectly dressed. It doesn’t work this way. It turns out to be a lottery with the staff just letting in the people they like the look of. I suspect that, even if we’d waited there all night, the only way we would have got in would have been to pay $200 to get a waitress service booth which the VIP hosts were trying to sell us.

There is no real dress code. The beautiful people were getting in wearing jeans, T-shirts and sneakers. If you expect to get into this place just make sure that you look extra cool and have several attractive girls in your party!

2 Thank ZZR_Rider
Hopkins, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Not worth the wait.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2009

I went with my husband and another couple to Body English on a Wednesday night. We were walking on the strip earlier that day and ran into a guy that gave us free wrist bands. Once the club opened at 10:30 we got to walk right in. I am only 25 but I felt like the oldest person in there. It was all barely of age kids and most were not even dressed that nicely. It was a fairly big place, but if you didn't have a reserved table there was hardly anywhere to stand. They had free campaign and vodka mixers but the champaign was gross (at least it was free). I wouldn't go back or recommend it to my friends.

1 Thank sarahfinch632016