“If you've seen a lot of Cirque, this is NOT for you ”
Review of Panda! - CLOSED

Panda!
More attraction details
Owner description: PANDA! TAKES AUDIENCES ON A VISUALLY STUNNING EPIC JOURNEY AT THE PALAZZO LAS VEGAS An unprecedented theatrical spectacle, PANDA! will take audiences on an epic journey with its world premiere at The Palazzo Theater in December 2013. "PANDA! is a one-of-a-kind production that will leave audiences in awe," reports Beijing media.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Enid, Oklahoma, United States
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“If you've seen a lot of Cirque, this is NOT for you ”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

My husband almost fell over laughing when the pandas came out because I apparently had a look on my face that showed my amazement and disbelief at how bad they looked. I'll probably never understand why they chose to make the pandas people in giant furry panda costumes. I could not follow the rationale and when the pandas climbed and did acrobatics on a pole (including one that hung by its neck) my husband commented on the nightmares he was going to have about pandas now. It was the silliest thing I had ever seen and the show didn't improve much from there. I did, however, have to acknowledge how difficult it would be to do acrobatics in that silly costume.

There were 2 highlights during the show for me. The peacocks were very good (there were 3 of them) - their strength, flexibility, and balance was impressive especially when one of them balanced en pointe on the panda's arm. I had to gasp with that one.

The other highlight was the little shaolin boy who is very very talented for being such a little guy. He stole the show with his big acrobatic part. I especially was impressed with the front hand spring he did but instead of using his hands, he used his head! Too bad that when he had his 2nd big moment, he did the exact same thing again.

Most of the acrobatic acts had mistakes - dropped items and missteps.

Aside from a few shining moments, the production was pretty disappointing and certainly not worth the $180 price tag per person for the VIP seats. I would not recommend it but that's just my opinion based on having seen all of the Cirque shows in LV. If you went by the Vietnamese ladies sitting behind us "ooooing" and "aaaahing" at every single thing, you would think everyone was incredibly impressed by it. Not the case for us.

1 Thank Kidoctr

Cancun, Mexico
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Tender and powerful at the same time !!”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Amazing performers and a great history with no words, this is perfect for the people who doesnt speack english. The technology is amazing. I like to go back to see PANDA!!!

Visited July 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Entertaining”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

thanks to the Passaporto app from the concierge we were able to get tickets BOGO free - for hotel guests only. we had planned to see the show anyway so it was a great bonus! the show is great for families and is full of action. it's a little cheesy but fun. we enjoyed it.

New York City, New York
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Do not waste your time, unless the hotel comps you.”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

They try to pull of a circ kind of show, but came up short. I could not follow the story line which was dumb. It is a bunch of peoplle dressed in Panda suits and other outfits dancing around the stage. Doing flips, and other circus acts. Many time they slipped up, dropping balls, and props.

I had front VIP seats and paid over $150 All ican say is Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - As I left all I heard were people complaining.

Nice try and may appeal to the asian community, but I wish I saw a diiferent show.

Fort Collins, Colorado
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Impressive and Goofy”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

If you are looking to have your soul moved by a show, don't go to Panda! If you are looking for a visually lovely, slightly cheesy show with impressive performers, go to Panda! It is a little kooky, and the narrative is not strong, but the performers are great, the sets are clever, and it is a show for all ages. I have a theater and dance background, and I really enjoyed the use of the sets and design. I also thought some of the dancers, acrobats, and martial artists were impressive. I smiled a lot, too, at the kind of goofiness of guys in panda costumes. I also love China, which helps.

Some advice:

-- It can get loud. It is a good show for kids, but be prepared to cover ears.
--Some action takes place right overhead. We sat in row U and felt like we were in a really good spot to see everything. Sitting in some of the front seats would make the overhead action hard to see.
--This show has great prices for tickets, and we got a good deal on same-day ones, too.
--It is only 90 minutes long which leaves you time for other activities in the evening.
--They have a program for sale in the gift shop which you should buy ahead of time (we didn't) if you are worried about following the "story."
--Go in with a good attitude. If you want heart-pounding drama, go to another show. It's a little cheesy at the start and end.

1 Thank BethB02