“Very good”

Cross street: Tropicana
Amsterdam
“Very good”
Reviewed April 29, 2009

We had a very good meal here and an exelend sake sampler to go with the meal.
The scallops and lobster was excelent, very nice sauce.

1 Thank Harroldp

• Turkish first
Santa Barbara
“Thanks to Aries, an Awesome Time!”
Reviewed April 27, 2009

I am not a seafood fan, but booked reservations at Shibuya for my friend's birthday. The atmosphere, like some of the other reviewers have already mentioned, is just right. When you walk into the restuarant, you are immediately greeted by a single line of sushi chefs who are preparing the meals right in front of you (they are artists!) and behind them is a really cool glass wall that changes colors- it's much cooler than what I just described.

Our server, Aries, was great. He took the time to help us pair a bottle of sake with our dishes and it was truly amazing. Our meals were very reasonably priced, beautiful and delicious. I even tried the sushi, which I am now a big fan of! My dinner was the Australian Wagyu beef with shiitake mushrooms and scallions- absolutely wonderful and cooked to perfection.

The dessert was beautiful and had a couple of items that we'd never had before- some type of gelatin (I think warabi?) that was dusted in powdered green tea, lots of fresh fruit, and a ginger custard. Very good, and beautifully presented.

We loved this restuarant so much that we've already decided to go back when we return in October. I highly recommend this gem!

1 Thank drkmc_1
Calgary
“Yummy fresh sashimi...for a price!”
Reviewed April 15, 2009

Service was alright. Pricing concept was kinda cool. They allow you to set a price per person & the chef makes whatever for you at that price point. $30/person is definitely not enough, $40/person is maybe just enough. I liked how fresh the sushi was because the fish tasted so sweet! I'd go back there & perhaps try dessert & some miso soup.

Austin, Texas
“Great food, great service (Jeremy)”
Reviewed March 21, 2009

We have always wanted to try Shibuya at the MGM Grand but it was always so expensive. It still is, but they had a tasting menu that brought us in. It was fantastic!! We had a 3-course meal and great service (thank you Jeremy). The atmosphere was very trendy, and it was dark and romantic. I'd take my older (well-behaved) kids here next time but little ones probably should avoid this place.

They brought salted edamame which was WONDERFUL! Then, I had the miso soup and husband had the udon soup. Miso soup was ok, but udon soup was fantastic! Great flavor! Next, we tried the fried rock shrimp (spicy, awesome) and the yellowtail jalapeno roll (also great). For dinner, I had the split miso salmon/cod while my husband had the tenderloin. Both entrees were amazing! They accidentally forgot to deliver the middle course at the right time, so it came out with the entrees. At first, we were a little disappointed and they offered to take the entrees back but we declined and accepted them together. Frankly, we were glad we did. The middle course was so large, that if it had come at the "right" time, we would have eaten it all and not had much appetite for the last course (which was amazing).

We are so glad we got to dine here. It is a very expensive restaurant, but we were delighted to get to try the tasting menu. We will go back, although only if they have another tasting menu probably.

Great food- wish I was had won 19 million so I could eat there more!! :)

1 Thank Angelmonkey
Yakima, Washington
“Mmmm....service, great sushi”
Reviewed March 4, 2009

We went to Shibuya on March 1 for dinner. We started by asking our server to recommend a bottle of sake for our table, which he did and it passed with flying colors. We then ordered the combo tempura, which was lightly breaded and came with an amazing sauce. We also ordered a mushroom salad which was quite tasty. Our next course consisted of sushi, specialty rolls and spicy tuna rolls, which were artfully presented and delicious. Our server was attentive and kept checking on us. We ordered additional sushi after our first round because it was so good! I would highly recommend Shibuya.