“The Best Sushi Ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Shibuya - CLOSED

Shibuya
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Tropicana
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
“The Best Sushi Ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Great Sake and Sushi Roll... Our Waiter knew just what to recommend and portions. Nice to visit a restaurant were employees really know the menu. We let them order for us and it was an unique experience. Cold Sake rocks!

Visited May 2013

• Turkish first
“Good but expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

While we really enjoyed our meal, we felt it was extremely expensive. We felt we got much more for the same money at other resturants where we dined.

Visited May 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Excellent overpriced sushi, pushy service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Have no doubt about it, the sushi are first quality, top notch, A1. They are overpriced. If that was the only issue, I would still recommend this place for sushi lovers who can afford it. However, there's the service...
From the moment we sat down, our waiter had one objective: get as much money as possible out of our wallets. He used several strategies to achieve this, which we resisted. In the end we enjoyed a good meal, but the moment was ruined.
Some examples: insistance on the Taste of Shibuya Omakase (tasting menu), at 140$ per person. Insisting that we order more food before the kitchen closes, even though we had not even seen our sushi yet, repeatedly asking us if we wanted appetizers while waiting for our friends. Trying to make you go for the king crab miso soup, instead of the plain tofu one, bringing a different wine bottle to the table because they're out of the one we chose without validating with us first, etc.
I don't know if we got unlucky and got the worst waiter in the place, but I doubt it. I believe he was following standard operating procedures.
I love good sushi and I'm willing to pay for it, even at Vegas blown up prices. But I don't want to be pushed around. I hate that.
So I won't recommend this place to anyone. Even with the excellent food and nice decor.
Also way too noisy for me.

• Visited May 2013
Detroit, Michigan
“Sushi perfect”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

Gluten Free Friendly. So good. Wow outstanding. I sat at the sushi bar and they made everything right in front of me. They were very carful to help me with my Gluten Free and Shell fish allergy. I would go back here in a sec. Lovely place. The food is perfect, the staff is on top of things and it has a great feel to it

• Visited April 2013
Calgary, AB
“Seriously top notch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

The six of us came here during our trip last week, at the insistence of my bf, who’s been here before and claims this restaurant has the best sushi ever. I can definitely say that this restaurant is top notch. We accidently made our reservation for the wrong night and when we showed up and they couldn’t find it, they were still able to accommodate us.

The décor and ambiance of the restaurant was perfect. I love the bamboo shades placed strategically throughout the restaurant to offer some privacy between tables. The service was also exemplary. Our server was very knowledgeable and attentive. He explained the structure of the menu and the sizes of the dishes. He told us the warm and cold plate appetizers are meant to feed 2-3 people and when we saw the dishes, he was right. The food came out in a timely manner and our dirty dishes were taken away equally quick. Our server wasn’t obtrusive but was always around when we needed him.

The food was superb. We ordered the lobster and scallops in uni butter sauce. Mmm, it was heaven! It was so delicious that I almost wanted to drink the uni butter sauce and/or douse the rest of my sushi with it. We also ordered a trio of sushi rolls: the spicy tuna, ryu (dragon) roll which is freshwater eel, and the Shibuya roll containing soft shell crab and spicy albacore tuna. The tuna was some of the softest and freshest tasting tuna I’ve ever had. Even though I was stuffed towards the end, I was fighting my bf for the last couple rolls. Everything was so darn tasty.

My only gripe was that my tea was $9. (!!!) I was prepared that this restaurant would be on the pricier side (which it is) but $9 for tea is a bit atrocious.

Overall, it was a fantastic dining experience and I would totally recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Las Vegas. This place is perfect for a great first date or group dinner.

• Visited May 2013