“Sushi Vegas style.”

Westlake Village, California
Reviewed December 31, 2007

Sushi Vegas style.

Reviewed December 16, 2007

Went solely for the sake menu and was not disappointed. Sushi was mediocre (ok, a little better than mediocre but for the price should have been a little more adventurous in the selection) but the sake selection was well worth the visit. The descriptions rivaled most wine cellars I've seen.

Las Vegas
Reviewed November 26, 2007

Largest selection of sake I have ever seen. Imagine 50 6 X8 pages of sakes in 14 font.

Reviewed November 12, 2007

We didn't make a reservation on a Saturday night and took our chances at Shibuya. We were very lucky to score a table for four right when we walked in.

During the course of our stay, we walked past this restaurant three or four times and were skeptical of the atmosphere as it is sort of in a "mall" at the MGM Grand. We are so glad that that didn't keep us from going there. Our table was actually quite private and the way they have the "designer bamboo" around, you feel as if you are in a jungle.

We started with drinks - my favorite was the Momo (with Japanese Plum) - but my husband ordered the melon drink (can't remember the name) and our friends both ordered the saki martini which was like a fine slush - very cold and delicious. They were all good.

The waiter also encouraged us to try the "sampler" menu (not sure what it was called either -- too many Momos?) and it was unbelievable. We ordered two of those ($130 each?) and one other dish that was a soft-shell crab roll and I think a tuna roll. It was hard to choose a favorite, but I think the lobster soup won for all of us - the rich, creamy broth was made from sea urchin which was outstanding. We ordered a side of rice to put in it after the lobster was gone.

The whole experience was superb - wait staff, hostesses, and the bus-boys(?) -- everyone was friendly, helpful and right in their recommendations.

Can't go wrong with this place for great Japanese food, but plan to drop some cash if you eat there.

2  Thank Tiamaria865
Reviewed October 12, 2007

One of the best meals I've ever had! We went with another couple in August, 2007. Three of us had the chef's tasting menu and my husband ordered a la carte. Everything was amazing ( including the Japanese beers which is why I cannot remember what we had! ). I would highly recommend this restaurant. If you're not sure what to order, let your waiter help you. Our waiter, Jeremy (?), was fantastic.

2  Thank DMMM