“Fantastic Option on the Strip!”

Marriott's Grand Chateau
Ranked #6 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed January 25, 2009

We are Vegas regulars, and you won't find a better option for families than staying at the Grand Chateau. There's no gambling machines, the staff is friendly, and having your own kitchen and family room is a huge bonus for those of us that don't like to eat out 3 times a day. It's right across the street from Planet Hollywood's big shopping mall, so it's perfectly located.This is where we'll be staying every time we go to Vegas with the kids!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank Military_Traveler11
Write a ReviewReviews (3,500)

Reviewed January 16, 2009

The one bedroom was large and very comfortable and the pool on the roof was terrific and not very crowded. The prperty itself was disappointing int hat it did nto have any restuarants and a very limtied market. It is possible they willa dd services but nothing much was open. For a hotel/timeshare this large there was very little acitvities or options.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank Stevied888
Reviewed January 3, 2009

My wife and I traded our week in the Grand Vista in Orlando for a week at the Grand Chateau. We really enjoyed it. While the room is not as big as other Marriott "Grand" Timeshares, this was still much nicer than most rooms on the strip. Our 1 bedroom unit had a functional kitchen, a European washer and dryer and very nice furnishings. They have full size washer and dryers in the building if your need them. The property has free Wi-Fi. The property is expanding and there is construction at the Planet Hollywood (across the street) so ask for a quiet room. The roof top pool is a bit small, but the view at night is great. You can use the Planet Hollywood pool, but that pool is only open till Oct 31. Everyone we dealt with at the Marriott was great as always.

Suggestions…. They have a shuttle bus to take you food shopping. I forget the name of the food store chain, but while the prices were much better than on the strip, they are a bit higher than normal. Nonetheless, we stocked up on food and adult beverages to enjoy in the room. If you plan on gambling at places other than Planet Hollywood (across the street) or MGM (10 min), I suggest you get a small rental car and park at the casinos free lots. Cabs will be $10 at least each way. We found it hard to get a cab at certain times due to a big conference. There is a monorail that appears to be close, but it really is a 10-15 min walk to the station and will cost $5 per ride or $15 for an unlimited day pass. We spent most of this trip at some of the older casinos- Gold Coast, O’sheas, Golden Nugget, Casino Royal (our favorite place to play black jack and craps due to the low limits). We also went to the Red Rock Canyon a nice day trip.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank wmn9
Reviewed December 30, 2008

I haven't been this disappointed with one of the properties ever, and we stay at Marriott hotels around the world more than 75 nights per year. The hotel wasn't even close to being ready to open, staff wasn't trained properly, incomplete room furnishings/amenties, major construction during peak check-in times, etc. It wasn't what was advertised, and we could have stayed at the Bellagio for much less!! We walked in to find the main fountain in the lobby undergoing major construction, where the dust was flying all over us, not to mention it was very noisy. We had just finished a six hour drive and were looking forward to a glass of wine, but there was NO service available (restaurant or bar), due to rain. At that point, we asked if we could be transfered to another Marriott and the assistant front desk clerk, Sang Han became quite arrogant and said we'd be charged for the night in each hotel, due to their cancellation policy. When we asked to speak to his manager (Tom), he told us we'd have to wait until the Monday following Thanksgiving (5 days). It got worse from there. We had a 7am flight the next morning and never received our wake up call. Basic amenities weren't available: no glasses in room, no full length mirror, can't call ahead to valet for car, and cheap, tacky decor. Doesn't do the other Vegas Marriott's any justice.
Waste of $$$!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank RobinAustin21
Reviewed December 14, 2008

The hotel is very nice I would very much stay there again. It’s a little off the main strip area so you don’t get all the noise and traffic but close enough you can walk to the strip. I had a 1 Bedroom suite and I loved the 2 person shower and the soaking tub. My friends would have to pound on the door each morning to make sure I didn’t fall asleep in the tub watching the flat screen in the bedroom. They have classes during the week for people staying there like one call was for 20 dollars the bar on the roof teaches you how to make some of your favorite mixed drinks.

The little store in the lobby was nice for little things but I would suggest find a normal grocery store and stock up so you don’t spend an arm and a leg each morning for breakfast lunch and dinner. The beds were amazing I slept in all the time. The fully stocked kitchen was great even had a pizza cutter to my surprise. In the lobby they have water with fruit floating in it and it tastes so good. Staff was beyond nice and I always had more towels then I knew what to do with. In all a great stay!!. .FYI. .Vegas is Expensive!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with friends
3  Thank Chadlerbing25
Reviewed October 29, 2008

I have to agree with everyone else that has commented on how wonderful the Chateau is. The location is a short one block walk to the strip or do what we did and cut thru the Miracle Mile shops at Planet Hollywood Casino to get to the strip. The only thing I want to add (and the reason for my review) is there is a small market inside Planet Hollywood called ABC store that you can shop for essentials (milk, juice), booze (beer, wine, liquor) and snacks. I mention it b/c it is WAY WAY cheaper than the market inside the Chateau. Do yourself a favor and go to ABC if you need to stock your kitchen inside the Chateau but don't want to break the bank to do it. It is what my wife and I did during our entire stay.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
11  Thank ut_bandelero
Reviewed October 15, 2008

loved the Marriott Grand Chateau! we go to Vegas a few times a year (from Canada) and usually stay at the Hilton when exchanging our timeshare, but the hilton is right at the end of the strip so was excited when the Marriott opened. The location is great! its a 1 min walk to the side of the Planet Hollywood mall which is full of great shops and restaurants. To the actual strip its 3 mins at the most. Seeing as most of the hotels on the strip are massive and set back from the actual road the time from Marriott to strip would be the same as MGM hotel room to strip.

The only negative thing would be at night you have to walk down a road to the hotel rather than through a hotel, would not suggest that for women on their own at night...better to go through the planet hollywood mall to the side entrance or take a cab if late at night. Whenever I was walking late at night with my husband down the street there were always people around, but I did think to myself I would not feel comfortable without my hubby there. This is not a huge deal just the only negative thing I could think of about this location.

The one bedroom suite was like an apartment, it was amazing to come home to every day and felt more like 'home' than a hotel room. Having a full kitchen saved us money as we went to the grocery store the first day so we didnt have to have every meal out. The room was on-par with any of the rooms Ive stayed in the MGM, Luxor etc. but obviously way bigger! Theres a large TV in the living room area and a smaller one in the master. Nice large tub that fits 2 in the master. Shower has a 2 shower head either side!

The hotel has a shuttle that goes to the grocery store and to the Fashion Mall opposite the Wynn so very convenient.

I would definitely stay here when I come back to Vegas. Unlike other timeshare hotels we were not bothered about going to a presentation at all (just a few phonecalls) and the staff were extremely nice. My hubby needed to send a fax and the front desk guy was so helpful printing it for us for no charge.

definitely recommend the Grand Chateau!

Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple