“completely wonderful”

Marriott's Grand Chateau
Ranked #6 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Just finished a week at this property. We have probably stayed here half a dozen times since it opened and we are always happy. The location is perfect, and the suites are comfortable and well equipped. We also had an excellent view of the strip. Service was also fantastic. We had a problem with the washing machine and called the front desk. The guy was there inside of ten minutes, explained to me what I was doing wrong, and left his card and some chocolates. There is no better place to stay in Las Vegas.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a view of the strip
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank 549janetl
There are newer reviews for Marriott's Grand Chateau

Reviewed July 25, 2014

My family chose this hotel because it was off strip by only a few minute walk and was multi room. We rented a 2 bedroom suite with a living room for my family of 2 teenagers plus my in laws. The suite was created by taking a one bedroom suite (with full kitchen) and opening the door to the single room next door. The beds were comfortable. It worked great for me and my family.
The hotel amenities include a snack bar, sundries shop, small bar, pool table outside the bar accessible to all ages, fitness room, free wi-fi and pool on the roof (I didn't check it out). No casino here which wasn't a problem since there were several a few minutes walk away. The Cosmopolitan, Aria, and Planet Hollywood can be walked to in 5-10 minutes.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Ojb100
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We stayed here for one night in June 2014. We had stayed in Las Vegas before and it was pleasant this time to be in a hotel without having to walk through a casino to get to the reception. The staff were friendly and efficient and the Valet parking quick and easy. The only really surprising thing we found was that there was no breakfast available, but there was a small shop in the lobby area where breakfast things could be bought and eaten in your room. For such a large hotel we found this very disappointing since we were only staying the one night before flying out the next morning. Otherwise we enjoyed the stay and the bedrooms were large and comfortable with good sized bathrooms.

Room Tip: We chose a high floor room which was quiet, but don't know if the lower floors are more noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank AlanKit
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

I highly recommend this hotel. It is across from Planet Hollywood shops and one block off the strip. Perfect for walking. Newer (2008) and adding on. We had a 1 bedroom king suite - exceeded my expectations!!! Save money by cooking some meals in. Staff is beyond friendly ( customer service the way it should be), rooms are clean! Pools are awesome, the one on the roof is a must see both day and night. Definitely would stay here again

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Jayne W
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We utilized an Interval International exchange to stay here in a 2 bedroom unit. The resort was very nice and the rooms were well appointed and very spacious (complete with washer & dryer in the unit). If you are traveling with children or if you're just not a fan of smoke filled casino lobbies, this resort is for you! It's smoke free and no casino on site, but plenty of that is an easy walk across the street (located right next to Planet Hollywood). There were plenty of activities hosted by the resort for both adults and children, we didn't participate in any, but a few of them sounded quite fun. We enjoyed the pool on the 5th floor during our stay. It's not a huge pool, however they did have a DJ out there on Saturday and the happy hours were nice.

The only slight issues at this resort that we noted were extremely slow elevators (3 seemed to be out of service while we were there). The 5th floor pool ground is extremely hot, even in the shade you will need to wear shoes, so careful with the little ones feet. And finally upon departure they have a very small taxi stand, since we were a party of 5 and needed a van we had to go across the street in order to get the taxi we needed. Really all very small issues. When traveling to Vegas in the future I most definitely will be looking to stay here again!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Sabrina J
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the room in this hotel, it had a double bed along with a sofa, small table, and also a small kitchenette, along with a nice floor to ceiling window which looked out on The Strip itself. The bathroom was also a nice size. The location was also good, whilst it's not on The Strip itself, it's only a short walk away. It may even be quicker than Strip hotels that have Casinos in them.

There was also a small bar on the roof, which offered a very nice view over The Strip.

The breakfast they offered was adequate, with a small cafe where you could buy cereal, etc.

The only downside was that I think some of the lifts were out of service, and on occasion it take did me a while to get to and from my room, but we are only talking about 5 minutes or so delay here.

I had an enjoyable stay here, and would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Rob S
Reviewed July 23, 2014

This is not your average Las Vegas hotel so there is no casino right in the hotel; if that's what you are looking for (to play slot machine 3AM before going back to room) then don't stay here.
It's in the center location right off the strip, between Planet Hollywood and MGM -- you can pretty much walk up to Wynn or down to Mandalay Bay, and the city center (Cosmo, Aria) is right on the other side of the strip. Location wise, great!
Service is very good too; all the staffs are very friendly. I don't recall any negatives.
Room wise, we had a studio (not sure why no upgrade since I'm a long-time elite member of Marriott) and it's ok size. The decor is kind of old but not too outdated.
Two complaints; one, the water in bath tub starts super hot then drops to cold by itself in about 5 mins. It makes shower very unpleasant. Also, it's elevator is a joke; 30-something floors and there are only 3 working elevators. I'm told they are doing some construction so half of the elevators are not working -- if that's the case, I'm recommend you visit here after that remodeling is done; or be prepared to spend some quality time chatting with other tenants while waiting for the elevator.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple