“Great Stay Close to the Strip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marriott's Grand Chateau

Marriott's Grand Chateau
Ranked #16 of 266 Hotels in Las Vegas
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Great Stay Close to the Strip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We stayed at the Grand Chateau for the first time June 15-22. We had a 2 bedroom corner unit with views of the Strip towards the Bellagio. Both bedrooms were spacious with comforable beds. The master bedroom had a king bed with attached bathroom with double sinks, soaker tub, and large shower with double shower heads. The second bedroom had two double beds. There was a bathroom in the hall that served that bedroom and the main living space. The full kitchen was great and had anything we needed. We took the courtesy shuttle to walmart and picked up food and drinks for the week. All the staff we had contact with from check-in to house keeping were friendly and helpful. It was EDC week so we expected it to be crazy but it really wasn't. We were on the 16th floor and rarely heard or seen anyone in the hall. There are daily activities in the lobby or pool area such as bingo, beer or wine tasting, and exercise classes. The lobby area has a bar which had music on the two nights we were down there; great drinks by the way! The hotel is right across the street from the Miracle Mile Mall and a block from the strip. We had no problems walking to the strip and enjoying all it had to offer. It was nice to come back to a hotel where there is no casino to go through to get to the room. There is someone after around 5pm that checks room cards to make sure you are a hotel guest before allowing you on the elevators. There are two outdoor pools on the 5th and top floor. Both are small but they have plenty of chairs to sun in. There are bars by both pools. We had wonderful weather during our week but the pools weren't horribly crowded. This is a timeshare hotel but we chose not to participate in their sales pitch and weren't pressured to do so. Overall, we really enjoyed the location, cleanliness, and comfort this hotel had to offer. The only drawback we found was the lack of a restaurant or room service on site though there are plenty within easy walking distance. I would certainly recommend this to anyone looking for a close off strip hotel and we will definately be back.

Room Tip: As for a room facing the strip, better views.
11 Thank genesis73

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (736)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I have stayed twice at this hotel within the past 16 months. The first time was great (and not sure why I didn't write a review), but this visit was lackluster. Both times I visited the hotel has been under construction, but this most recent visit was particularly noteworthy. Half of the elevators was closed (for each of the 7 days of my stay) which resulted in 30+ floors of guests trying to utilize only 3 elevators. Not a great start to a trip, but hopefully that inconvenience will be short lived. The new marketplace didn't seem as well stocked as the old one I remembered from last year, although the Gelato was an excellent addition. We were never bothered by the Vacation Club staff, so no worries there.

But what really triggered me to write this review was a number of negative experiences with the staff. The front desk staff were always courteous and efficient, the valet and doormen were downright surly, housekeeping was inconsistent, and the new "transportation lounge" (where you pick up a taxi) was ridiculously inefficient. First it was hard to find (which triggered one of the multiple negative experiences with valet - the others involving our tour group where the group's driver felt he was treated poorly enough to comment on it to me, and then I experienced it directly when our group returned and I was trying to get out of the van) and then there were never any taxis available because the layout is equally inconvenient to the taxi drivers.

My previous experience would have resulted in a 5 star review, and while getting a lower rating now (because of some of the above issues) the hotel still garners a 4 star review because of everything else it has going for it. Good sized rooms, with 1 BR or 2 BR option for privacy for families, full kitchen (stockable from the store in the lobby or from a Walgreens within walking distance). One block to the strip, or just steps away from the Planet Hollywood shops across the street (so you can walk to the strip - getting very close to the Bellagio fountains upon your exit - through an air conditioned mall).

If we return to vegas, we will likely stay here again and hope some of the construction distraction has passed and they can begin focusing on servicing the customers a little better.

6 Thank pbadeer
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I just recently stayed here on a fluke. I am a Marriott rewards member usually stay at the JW, however due to a meeting location change closer to the strip I decided to try this hotel. Wow, the rooms where spacious and comfortable, staff was friendly and polite. The gym and pools where nice and staffed by friendly hotel staff. From the moment I drove onto the property till the moment I left I felt welcome. I will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank Kevin F
Ryan N, Corporate Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Grand Chateau, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
We are happy to hear you gave Marriott's Grand Chateau a try on your recent trip to Las Vegas! The Marriott Vacation Club offers great villa accommodations in popular locations around the world. We hope you can join us again at one of the many Marriott Vacation Club resorts!
Flushing, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stayed during the edc week so the hotel was packed. But it didnt stop the staff from doing their job. Joyce at the front desk went out of her way to give us the best experience possible. She even followed up on us the next day! When we asked for our room to be serviced it was done right away! And who could say no to free Starbucks coffee! I will definitely stay here next time!

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your review, Eddie! We are excited to hear you had one of the best experiences possible during your recent stay. It's also rewarding to know that Joyce was such a help to you at the front desk. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will choose Marriott's Grand Chateau again!
Irvine, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stay at 2 bedrooms 2 bath on 28th floor. We had corner suite. The view from the master bath is amazing. The bathroom is huge with big tub but not jets and two shower heads in the shower. The kitchen appliance is very average. We had a good rest here and the market cafe down stair is nice but a bit expensive so does other hotels anyway. It is convenience in the morning on the go.
No casino and smoking but we did encounter some lady that is really drunk in the elevator but the security is aware of the situation and follow them right away. You do have to show your room key to get into the elevator. It is close to aria,Bellagio, cosmopolitan hotels.

3 Thank peiwei
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Just stayed here 2 nights in late June...I am really trying to find things to hate.. but I can't. As a Marriott Silver Elite rewards member I was really wanting to stay somewhere and get points yet not be too far away from the strip. Never staying at a Marriott "resort" location before I "rolled the dice" and booked this one, pun intended btw. My wife and I are REALLY glad we stayed here. The free parking is NICE... of course it is customary to tip the valet's, they were all friendly and quite helpful during our stay so it made parking a breeze. We rarely took our rental car out while there too. Hotel is RIGHT across from the southern corner of the Planet Hollywood mall entrance so getting into air conditioning on a hot day and close to the action was great. Staff all friendly for the most part, we got some breakfast snack type food in the little store in the lobby and the staff all friendly there and the prices were very reasonable. We got a muffin, some cereals, waters, milk and stuff for about $11.. not bad at all. We only used the 5th floor pool and enjoyed it. Having the bar and grille for drinks and lunch was also great. Pool was a bit cramped and some of the guests didn't watch their kids who were running and splashing everyone but the bar tenders kept those people in check thankfully. Hotel did have construction going on so we were warned prior to check-in and again at check-in. Only inconvenience was some of the elevators were out of service so it made waiting a little longer at times, but not too annoying. Some halls/sections were blanketed off as well, but we never heard and construction work going on, nor were we ever awakened. Out room did smell a little bit like paint which was slightly over powering but if it had recently been redone then understandable, again, nothing I would whine and complain about. I did like the decor in the bathroom. This was not my first time to Vega$ but because of our experience at the hotel and our trip in general my wife and I said we would start coming back to Vega$ more often, hopefully the Grand Chateau will be available on our next trips.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Andrew F
Manassas, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I was recently in LV for a conference and stayed at the GC. I had a split reservation which under normal circumstances is not that confusing. I received the proverbial email before my arrival offering customized service. I explained my reservation details. I was assured everything was taken care of. No such luck. When I arrived they had no idea what I was talking about. I explained it again. Then again the next morning when I checked out and back in, then again when I lost my key, then again at final checkout, then again when they completely screwed up my rewards credit shorting my 5 days. What a bunch of armatures. My room was serviced 5 of the 6 days and vacuumed twice. The bed looked like it was made by one of my kids. Like I said, for the money it was adequate. Good location one block off the strip. The pools were nice but small. If you are looking for customized service, this is probably not the place for you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper floor so they can ignore your request.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business