“Nice stay in the center of the strip”

Marriott's Grand Chateau
Ranked #6 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I was here for a conference and stayed with 3 other girls in a 1 BR - both the bed and pull out couch were comfortable. It was great to have a kitchen and fridge. Location is in the center of the strip just off the strip so it was about a $10 cab ride over to our conference at the Venetian. They check your key to go up in the elevators after certain hours which made us all feel very safe. Front desk was very friendly as were all of the staff - I encountered one lovely lady while I was trying to find ice and although she did not speak one lick of English she tried really hard to find me what I needed with my very basic Spanish phrases :) Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank ccpt95
Write a ReviewReviews (3,538)

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Come to Vegas for business and always stay at the Marriott Chateau. Since my last visit they have added to the market place and expanded it to include a coffee bar. They also added a new lobby bar and have a game area in the lobby with pool table and air hockey. The rooms are still big and comfortable. There are plenty of machines in the fitness center along with fitness balls and weights. The view that faces the strip is nice. The location can't be beat, just a block or so off the strip right in the middle of the action!!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Elena C
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's Grand Chateau, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Thank you for your five-star review of Marriott’s Grand Chateau! As a loyal guest, our team appreciates your kind words and continued patronage. We hope you can join us again soon as our new pool and tower will be opening soon!

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I come to Vegas three times a year for work. I have stayed at Aria, Cosmo, Vdara, and the Signature. Never again if I can avoid it. Don’t get me wrong, they are all great hotels, but they aren’t in the same league for a business traveler as Marriott’s Grand Chateau.

Why you ask? Well there are tons of reasons… The room at the Chateau is huge! Like crazy huge. And I didn’t just get lucky, they are all big. There is great kitchen, with nice silverware and pots and pans. Not that crazy cheap stuff they try to pass of as silverware at Residence Inns. The hotel comes with a WASHER AND DRYER. Seriously! It blew my mind when I saw it. And.. They give you free soap. It is the little things in life people.

While the hotel isn’t on the strip, it is a two minute walk to City Center, which is right where you want to be. And not being right on the strip you have a nice view.

My only complaint is that they don’t clean your room but once a week. And it wasn’t a surprise, I knew that before I checked in. But 7 days is a long time to use the same towel. I wish they would change their policy to once every three days.

Oh, and they don’t give a rip about your platinum status. There isn’t a lounge or any perks. But you have a WASHING MACHINE AND A KITCHEN, so be happy fellow status snobs.

Marriott Residence Inn’s really need to consider the Chateau model. It works better than any hotel I have ever been in. This is what all extended stay hotels should be like!

Room Tip: They are all great rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank Kevin B
Reviewed February 6, 2014

One of the best Marriott timeshare properties we have been to. Lovely accommodations and our every wish was granted. Just off the busy strip but not too far from everything. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NitaB6
Reviewed February 6, 2014

No casino-no smoke made this hotel great while in Vegas for CES convention. This is a time share property but there was No pressure to attend anything. Check in was very efficient and our room had been recently updated. They were doing a major remodel and had sent emails clearly advising of this, which is why I moved us after 2 days. Turns out was unnecessary because we experience no inconvienence. Large but standard studio room with great view on floor 32. Tub/shower, no magnifying mirror. Mini kitchen, small sofa, table & chairs but outlets for devices still located low on the wall. Come on hotels, give us charging areas that make sense to use!
I would stay here again. Price was good, Marriott points, a Starbucks on site, roof pool/hot tub with fab view and free valet parking!

Room Tip: After construction all should be good.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank MegamomSeattle
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a week through a an exchange with Interval International. We had a 1 bedroom which was nice. It has a kitchen, washer, dryer, and all needed utensils. I asked for a room on an upper floor, and just got the 17th floor. The bed was comfortable, bathroom was large, and had everything you need for a good week. One thing we did not get was a mid week cleaning and change of towels and sheets which we have gotten from every other exchange. The noise from construction was not real bad, but we did hear a lot of street noise and sirens. They had one day where they made an announcement throughout the hotel followed by sirens that were very loud and annoying. The pool is very small, but the hot tub was enjoyable.
We were impressed with the 90 minute sales presentation which lasted 90 minutes and was not high pressure and was informative.
They had a few activities each day which we didn't attend, but did get popcorn twice in the afternoon.
The concierge was very helpful with booking a car for a day and making good (discounted) recommendations for meals. The valet guys were very friendly - each time we came or left, they wished us a good day or welcome back. There were always taxis nearby and were inexpensive. If you want a place that is just 1/2 block from the strip, and is quieter, then this could be for you. I would have rated it higher if we would have had a room up higher as we requested.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank trytogetawayoften
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's Grand Chateau, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Thank you for your positive review of Marriott’s Grand Chateau! Our team appreciates your detailed feedback and are happy you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to your next visit with us in Las Vegas!

Reviewed January 29, 2014

We have stayed at The Grand Chateau 4 times in the last 3 years and have thoroughly enjoyed each visit! The rooms are nicely maintained and the beds are comfortable. This is not a luxurious hotel but definitely up to par with any other Vacation Club property.The only drawback to is the pool - it's very small. But an additional pool area will be finished this year which we are looking forward to for future stays. Request a high floor room with a view of The Strip - it makes nights in your room much more enjoyable!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SaraLO87
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's Grand Chateau, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

We are thrilled to hear Marriott’s Grand Chateau is your resort of choice in Las Vegas! Our team appreciates your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back soon!