“Near and dear to the strip”

Marriott's Grand Chateau
Ranked #6 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This hotel offers good value as it completes it remodeling. We were not bothered by noise of any kind and the view across the street and to the mountains was very nice. The appointments were good for except a difficult coffee pot. The staff accomodated every request. There are good opportunities to meet other couples during the several activities that are planned- wine tasting, beer tasting, bingo, and shuttle rides to shopping even though one can cross the street to shops and restaurants too numerous to mention.
Tickets `to shows can be purchased with the concierge team. Remember, this is Las Vegas and one does not stay in the room for long. But we used the condo and loved the comfortable beds and 2 tvs. As a senior citizen it is nice to have that comfort. There is a hair trigger thermostat you have to figure out to get your preferred temperature.
This hotel is very well located- back off the strip but near enough to be part of the constant flow. The shuttles are good to get to shopping and and food purchases. While a car is good to have because you can park free at the hotels, it is not a must-have here. They have complimentary valet parking.
The third tower is all but complete. This will add so many good things to the hotel accomodations that any shortcomings listed will disappear in the next three months. There will be a larger pool and a restaurant and bigger store.
We would definitely book this property again.

Room Tip: Go high and face the strip
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mmarsh70

Reviewed November 6, 2013

This was my third time visiting Las Vegas, and it was our favorite stay. We usually stay in a traditional hotel, but this time, my husband and I decided to use our time share and stay at the Chateau. It’s located directly across from PH and the miracle mile shops. I’ve read prior comments about construction noise being an inconvenience, however, I barely heard any noise and I was there for 6 days. We had a one bedroom villa that included a fully stocked kitchen, W/D, and everything else you could imagine. It felt like being in a really nice one bedroom apartment. We invited some friends over (they stayed at the Monte Carlo) for drinks, and they fell in love with the condo. I really enjoyed the complimentary valet, however, there was a bit of a wait to get our car some nights. There is no room service, or daily housekeeping......which we did not mind at all. During the afternoon, there are complimentary snacks in the lobby, but you have to pay for the alcoholic beverages. I loved the fact that I didn’t have to deal with casino noise and smokers at this resort. Please have your room key card with you when heading to the elevators. I didn’t utilize the mini mart, or the complimentary shuttle to the malls and Wal-Mart. But it appeared that the shuttle came around every hour on the hour. The views from our room and the rooftop pool are amazing. We cannot wait until the new towers and pool is completed.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WPF2013
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I have been to Las Vegas several times and decided to try a non-gaming hotel since I nor my friends are real gamblers. After booking my room at the Grand Chateau I was a little unsure about my choice after reading some of the reviews. Upon arrival, we were greeted very warmly by the front desk clerks. The young lady that was assisting us (I can't recall her name..sorry!!), was even able to accomodate us because of a last minute change in our parties size. The room we had was one of the newly renovated 2-bedrooms, with a pretty decent view of Las Vegas Blvd..The Polo Towers obstructed views from some angles but the front desk clerk made us aware of the at check-in. The layout of the room was great, two nice sized bedroooms and two bathrooms, which helped when everyone was getting ready at the same time to go out. The kitchen was stocked with dishes, pots and pans if you wanted to cook during your stay. Although the property is under renovations, we never had any problems with construction and/or noise. The complimentary valet service was great, never more than a 5-10 minute wait, even on a busy Saturday night. Housekeeping was good. Since this is a timeshare, they didn't do a full cleaning everyday but would stop by and make sure we didn't need fresh towels, trash emptied, etc..which was fine for us. There is a small on-site store if you want to grab a few items, but some of the items are way overpriced! $14 for 2 muffins, coffee, and hot tea?? There are plenty of options within walking distance to pick up a few small items if your staying for more than a day or two. Other than that, we enjoyed our stay and will stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor. If staying for more than 2 nights, go to local store to buy items..on-site...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Southern_girl724
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Traveling thru the area for business. I usually stay at Marriott Convention center when travelling here, but decided on a property closer to the heart of the strip since my husband was accompanying me. My first sign that this was not a very accommodating hotel was at check-in. As a govt traveler, I booked a room at the govt per diem rate on Marriott website. When I arrived, I realized I had forgotten my govt ID. The front desk clerk then said that I would have to pay a higher room rate since I did not have my ID card. I offered to have a copy of the card faxed or scanned--which could have been done in a matter of minutes. He refused citing the possibility of an 'audit' and said I actually had to have the card in hand. Ridiculous, especially since the only audit would be done by Marriott corporate. Secondly (between my husband and myself), we stay at Marriott properties approx. 75-100 nights/year and have never had a hotel do more than look at the ID card (no copies made or other such 'records' for audit). I felt like they were just twisting my arm to extort more money out of me. The 'new' room rate was over my reimbursable limit and I indicated that I would need to go elsewhere. Being that it was a Tuesday night during a slow week, I knew I had plenty of other options near the strip that could be had for half the price. It was not until I picked up my phone and started calling that the desk clerk decided that he would honor the room rate that was booked in advance (didn't even want the scanned ID card now). I was annoyed, but still decided to stay.
In the days prior to arrival, my cell phone voicemail was flooded with calls from the hotel 'concierge'--which is really the timeshare selling outfit. I was made several offers to attend a timeshare presentation and receive a bonus (Marriott points, an Amex gift card, dinner, or show tix) to attend. Being that my time was limited, I was not too interested and ignored the calls. When I arrived, the calls continued to my room voicemail. This time, they upped the ante (more Reward points, more Amex $) on the offers to attend. A lady identified as 'Lillian' left the same offer notice on my cell phone voice mail. Tempted by the new offers, I went to the concierge desk to inquire. The fellow there (Robert?) signed me up for a presentation, then gave me a paper offering half the value of the phone/voicemail offers. When I told him I had received another offer, I was told that I wasn't eligible because I wasn't spending enough money at their hotel (despite the fact that I spend many thousands on business travel at this chain on a yearly basis). I really felt second-rate. I was curious how the Marriott vacation clubs operated, but not anymore. This was my first and last experience with one. If they lie to you before they beforehand....that should be a telling sign. I told him I would not be attending the presentation and that was the end of that. The small bonus he was actually offering was not worth my time.

The hotel room itself was average. The property lacked the upscale bedding that the full service Marriott's provide. There is no concierge lounge. The pool was very tiny for the size of the property. The internet service was inconsistent. The first day, I had no internet problems. Day two, I had intermittent connectivity until late that day it just quit. I called the front desk to inquire about the problem. Instead of the hotel looking into the issue, they connected me to AT&T help desk. I wasted 30 mins on the phone with them only for them to tell me that there is a service issue with the hotel system. I feel that resolution of these problems should be handled by the hotel staff and not pawned off on the guests. It is not my responsibility to resolve issues with the hotels central system and I am upset that I had to spend my time doing this.
Overall, not a great experience. It is not the location or condition of the hotel but rather the actions (or inactions) of the staff that reflect poorly on this property and Marriott Vacation Club.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ponydoc
Reviewed November 3, 2013

a group of 7 of us decided to stay here on labor day weekend for my bachelorette party and we loved it! The location was perfect, it was across the parking lot from Planet Hollywood which gave great access to the strip. We were looking for someplace really nice to stay for the weekend that was not crazy or too expensive and this place was perfect. I've been to Vegas plenty of times and stayed at some of the nicer places on the strip but this place by far was the best for customer service. I will definitely be staying here again!

Room Tip: Get the higher rooms, AMAZING strip view without the price tag!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The hotel was very nice. Just off the strip which was welcome, but within walking distance to many other hotels and attractions. Valet parking was a plus , but the front was very congested at times. The hotel offers a nice shuttle service and the staff was very helpful. Our unit was fully furnished with everything we needed. The only negative was the carpet was worn

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

A well equipped room,you may cook, wash clothes or simply relax in their jacuzi inside your own room! A bar on top floor beside swimming pool. Icy drinking water with lemons awaits you at the lobby your stroll in vegas.
Also they give a free coupon cards for shutterfly create yourself albums:)

Stayed: September 2013