“Very Nice Stay - TIME SHARE Presentation”

Marriott's Grand Chateau
Ranked #6 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Two Rivers, Wisconsin
“Very Nice Stay - TIME SHARE Presentation”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We took a cab ($18) to the Marriott Grand Chateau for our next 3 might’s. This is a WOW 5 hinge time share facility located between the MGM Grand and Planet Hollywood. Tom is giving this place a 5 hinge rating because it is a very luxurious suite; with kitchen, dining / living room / washer & dryer / separate bedroom with large in-room bath and one fantastic bathroom with a two-head shower. We only had to pay $84 a night for this place but have to go through a time-share presentation on Thursday. We are Marriott silver elite members, and have not experienced any high pressure sales issue within our last two Marriott presentations at similar locations, unlike a few of the “other” presenter organizations we have experienced in the past (like the Cryin’ Mayan down in Cabo San Lucas = ouch that one hurt). = Well we will see.

We took in the Beatles Show last night in the Planet Hollywood miracle mile (across the street from our hotel) and it was GREAT!!!!! ---- WOW that music sure brings back memories of our youth. We then walked the strip (Las Vegas Boulevard) down to Bellagio to see the water show, and then had dinner at the outback across the street from the Mirage, followed by watching the volcano show. Then it was time to soak in our tub and hit the rack by midnight.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Slow rise this morning!!! ---- UMM those Margaritas were great!! The mornings around here are great for walking so we went down to view the typical locations on the strip. We had a great lunch at New York New Your at the Nine Fine Irishmen of the most excellent Shepard’s pie and a very smooth guiness. Wow they are forever changing things here in Vegas. For example at New York New York they are digging up the front of the building / statue / bridge to turn it more into a central park environment. We took the city bus for a ride around town ($8 for a 24 hour pass). Strange one is that no one on the express checked for a ticket as all three doors opened at the same time. Now the double-decker’s only open on the front and a check of the card it a strong possibility.

Went to THE D on Fremont Street for a dinner and comedy show (Marriage can be Murder) and had a great time as the entire audience became a part of the murder mystery presentation.

We spend some time walking around the Freemont Experience. This area was very crowded as usual, but as we (Tom) watched the people (and that is one of the “things to do” in Vegas) he got the impression that most were like zombies (putting up with the noise and lights) rather then fun seeking bubbly people we expected to see. Sure there were occasional perks of fun (the only time Tom observed a smile on a face was when they had a drink in their hand / A bride getting her pictures taken / Scantly clad Vegas show girls standing along the roadside / fixed semi nude statues in Caesar’s Palace), but again the overall environment is sort of stale for a veteran to Vegas. Tom thinks its shock that gets many in this mode zombie mode. On the contrary when we were in the murder mystery presentation tonight (where everyone was forced outside of there boxes and got to know one another) did the laughter and fun come out.

Thursday / Friday, September 19 & 20, 2013

Took it easy this morning and made full use of our suit’s washer and dryer. This is the third time we have done laundry on this trip, and it looks like we will get home with a suitcase full of clean clothes (that should make our home washer and dryer happy).

Time share presentation went very well with us getting out in one hour and fifteen minutes (that included the time they walked us around to see this or that amenities). The Marriott rep basically told us (based on what we told him) that we did not fit the profile that would benefit for time share and were happy we enjoyed the Marriott hotel self booking we liked to do. We checked with the front desk and to stay in a Studio (lot smaller then the unit we have – But right for a couple that did not need a living and dining room) the cost per night would be $168 (did not ask about the one bedroom suit we were staying in).

Room Tip: Stay away from the construction side of the building
2 Thank Tommy599

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (894)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Fremont, OH
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We arrived around 11pm and we were given a villa on the 11th floor with a strip view. What a nice villa! Full kitchen, dining/living room, bedroom with tub, bathroom/shower and a washer/dryer. I went with my brother and sister in law and they got the separate bedroom and I slept on the pull out sofa. The pull out was very comfortable. Our room was very quiet for our 5 nights there.The only place that it was noisy was in the lobby when we left. They were doing major work down there. I think I heard they were taking down a wall. The desk clerk even had ear protection. It was nice throwing the laundry in and not having to go home with dirty laundry. Housekeeping came every day. We really didn't take advantage of the excellent kitchen facilities because of all the wonderful food in Vegas. The 24 hour store downstairs had most things you would want or need. Prices were better in the ABC convenience store or Walgreens at Planet Hollywood. Planet Hollywood is right across the street and you enter in the shopping area of Planet Hollywood.
My brother had to attend a sales pitch to buy into Marriott's vacation club. I am glad I didn't have to go because it didn't sound like much fun. I spent their meeting time by the very small pool on the roof. There is a bar and while I was there we played bingo for drink coupons.
All in all my experience here was very enjoyable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Torreón
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We arrived on Thursday, 9/12 with three rooms. KATRINA at the front desk checked us in. She was AMAZING!!! Listened to our requests, did her best to give us a better view and greated us by name every time we'd pass by during our stay. The Housekeeping team does a TREMENDOUS job!! They cleaned our room every day and it felt as if we hadn't used anything yet!

The Hotel is going under renovation, but at no point was it an inconvenience for us. I guess they have the rooms very well buffered, because the minute we'd open our room door, we could hear hamering and pounding. But while the door was closed- complete silence!

Half a block away from the Strip, very conveniently located. This will definitely be our place to stay every time we go to Vegas!!!

Room Tip: Try to get from floor 9 or up.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Room Tip: Try to get from floor 9, and up.
Counce, Tennessee
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I am not an owner at this location, but I am an owner within Marriott Vacation Club and I traded my Orlando unit for this one, using Interval International. The day before check-in, I got a call from MGC to confirm we were coming and to make sure our stay was good. In talking to the MGC rep, she asked if we wanted to be on a higher floor. I replied sure, assuming a better view and less street noise. Upon checkin, we were assigned the 7th floor. When I asked about it, they had magically lost my request and nothing else was available. Fine! I'm not happy, but we'll go take a look. Well, the 7th floor doesn't give much of a view, so I go back downstairs and explain to the front desk that I understand nothing else is available in a 3-BR villa, but what about in a 2-BR villa, because we really didn't need the extra space. To this, I'm told that they can't do that. What?? They reply (from both a clerk as well as a manager) that they can't put us in a smaller villa, because Interval International requires that they put me in the requested 3BR villa. So, basically, they are telling me that a resort manager isn't empowered to make a logical decision. (Why do they need a manager if they aren't empowered to make any kind of decision???) Later, when I noticed that we weren't receiving the daily newspapers, I asked the front desk and they said that I must be missing them, even though I walked by the newspaper spot about 5 times between 3AM and 10 AM. Funny, they had them up on a higher floor, but not on lowly # 7. But I'm just missing them... Because the explanation can't possibly be that they were leaving plenty of newspapers on the higher floors and totally ignoring the lower floors. Oddly enough, there were newspapers the next day.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Greg R
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My wife and I were fortunate enough to have some friends with a Marriott points. We were able to spend an amazing evening in Las Vegas at this incredible property. The Grand Chateau is located right next to Planet Hollywood but and all the dining you could wish for... We are not gamblers so not having the casino atmosphere right in the hotel was a huge bonus for us. Nothing like smelling like an ash tray before you get to your room... The hotel was beautiful, we stayed on the 32nd floor and although we did not have the "city view" the non city view was still amazing. Checking took a bit longer than I like (close to 30 minutes) but the staff were very professional and nice to work with.They are in the process of remodeling some of the rooms and they gave us the wrong type of key for the rooms. So we had to go back down and get that straightend out. The guy at the desk tried to get us upgraded to another room with a "city view' because of our trouble but it was much lower i the building so we opted for the 32nd floor. Overall the stay was perfect with the exception of a long checkin process.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Eric M
La Canada Flintridge, California
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed here for one night while in town for an evening work event. I wish I could've stayed longer. Great room, including full kitchen, washer & dryer, living room.....deluxe! Would be great when traveling with the family. My only two complaints would be that the concierge desk has really limited hours, so I was unable to take advantage of offers being given to hotel guests & that there s no restaurant on site. Relaxing room, comfy bed & it was very quiet at the end of the hallway!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business