“Great place to stay in Vegas”

Marriott's Grand Chateau
Ranked #6 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Just spent a week at the Grand Chateau and was extremely pleased by the location, services, and quality of our two bedroom suite. We were on the 35th floor and had a fantastic view of the the Strip. We were located away from the construction noise so it did not bother us at all! The rooftop pool is small but nice. The location is perfect....right in the middle of the Strip close to everything. We saved money by eating breakfast in our condo, and there are many places to eat close by.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the strip, high floor, away from construction.
There are newer reviews for Marriott's Grand Chateau

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Let me just start by saying WOW!!! Prepare yourself for a cold and unfriendly time share property. As an extremely loyal Marriott customer (check my other reviews) I was literally devastated by the quality of this hotel. Upon checking in, the front desk agent literally began welcoming me by telling me not to expect any perks as my platinum status has no value at this location, ok? I had only put down my credit card and ID...

Next, because we were a bit early to get in to our room, we brought our bags over to the bell desk so we could head out to the strip. I asked the bell man if our bags could be brought up to our room once it was ready, he refused! He said I could come back to the desk when I return and he would walk them up with me at that point. I can only imagine he refused because he thought he wouldn't be getting a tip... Little did he know I had $10 in my hand for my 4 bags before he started acting like a total jerk. I carried my own bags up in the end... Some "Chateau" lol

Next, I made the mistake of asking the concierge for a lunch recommendation... After having to identify myself, I was locked in on their radar for time share presentations. I received multiple calls/messages to my room daily with requests for "just 90 minutes of my time" as well as being called over to the concierge desk any time a walked by. I felt borderline harassed!

On two different occasions, the cleaning staff came in to our room without making beds or replacing towels... Only reason I know they were there is because my stuff was tossed into a pile in the corner of my room. They had no problem helping themselves to the $5 on the bathroom counter though. The tip wasn't there get second day as you can imagine...

Marriott should be EMBARRASSED to call this property its own! I will never be back.

On a few positive notes, the location was very good. Just a short 2 minutes to the strip. Also, the renovations were nonexistent from what I could tell. They had no impact on my stay. The valet guys were less than friendly but we'll organized!

If you're looking for Marriott rewards points with absolutely no other criteria, then go for it. But if you're looking for a good time in a great city, please stay elsewhere. The staff couldn't care less about you!

Room Tip: Corner rooms have nice views of the mountains and strip, but every other hotel offers the same!
3  Thank Kevin C
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's Grand Chateau, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience at Marriott's Grand Chateau. This is not typical of the guest experience at our resort and we would appreciate an opportunity to personally address your concerns. Please contact us at customer.care@vacationclub.com or at 800 860 9384. We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed for two (Weekend) nights in June, had a great stay. Check-in was fast friendly and efficient as were the valet parking team and concierge.

We were a party of four in a 'two bedroom apartment'. Great size and well equipped. Everything in the room worked perfectly.

Pool on the roof with bar was small but very nice with great views.

It is odd that the hotel has no restaurant or lounge bar area, but plenty of options are available across the street or on the strip.

Then on the Monday morning .......at 0714, the jack-hammers started as the building team returned to work. The noise was awful and although they were hammering in the new tower the noise and vibration easily carried through to our room.

The hotel may have considered that our short stay was over a weekend and may have deliberately given us a room which was badly affected by noise, during the week but was quiet at weekends.

The noise Did not affect the majority of our time in the hotel which gave decent value for money and good room. but do watch out for the building work.

Room Tip: Get as far away from the new tower as possible
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Polychrest
Reviewed June 22, 2013

This hotel is very well located you can see the strip but you are not on it! MGM is a block away, the new Aria is across the road and Planet Hollywood is nearly next door. The one bedders have huge bedroom with king bed, a full kitchen (with a washer and dryer in a cupboard ), dining/lounge room and great bathroom. there is 24 hour desk service with a shop for necessities. There is also a 24 hours Wal Greens adjacent.
This is the place to stay if your holiday starts with breakfast in you room in your pajamas, or want to make your own cup of tea (hotels in USA do not have a kettle for hot water ) any time of day.
Just relax and watch the lights on the strip from your own lounge. Or go up to the roof bar or swimming pool. There are also activities for kids during the day.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Hotel is one block off the strip and valet parking makes it easy if you do need to drive. The rooms are very spacious and clean with plenty of towels and amenities. This is one of the best family hotels i've stayed at this year. Its a timeshare property but the service was excellent and friendly. Very nice property. Will definitely go back.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed in a three bedroom suite between June 14th and the 16th. After reading many of the reviews that mentioned construction noise being audible, I decided to call the hotel in advance and ask what location would be the quietest. They recommended we request a room on an upper floor facing the strip, which we did and received. As promised it was very quiet. We didn't hear any construction noise. The room was very nice and the views were pretty good. The location on the strip was excellent and we had no problem walking most of the places we wanted to go. There's also a Walgreens a block away, which is a great place to stock up on essentials for the weekend. Both of the days we stopped in they were doing beer and liquor sampling, which is always nice (they also gave us some free glasses).

There were, however, a few downsides. The three bedroom suite was really more like a two bedroom suite and a one bedroom suite that share a hallway out to the rest of the hotel. While this is OK if you have a couple that wants a little more privacy, we expected to all be together (and this was the point of our hotel selection). Additionally, as many people mentioned, the pool is tiny and only goes down to 3.5 feet. I would recommend not wasting your time and skipping the pool unless you really want to be splashed by kids while standing in water up to your waist. Also, I didn't really care for the persistence of the timeshare people. I got a few calls and emails in the week before we arrived.

Overall though, we really enjoyed our stay and will likely be back.

Room Tip: Upper floor and facing the strip.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank PricklyPear18
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Great Marriott property just off the strip. Loved no gaming on site and no smoking thru entire hotel. Loved having washer/dryer in room, though very small. We had the 2 bed / 2 bath / 2 sleeper sofa villa and it had oodles of room for my family of 5 to spread out in. With staying our last 3 nights and on a 13-day SW trip, we had a lot of luggage and grocery sacks to bring up, so required 2 carts as they were pretty small and we still had our arms full - man wasn't too happy letting us have 2 carts and demanded them back immediately - which of course we did. Everyone was friendly. Roof area was great, hated that the only section where one could really see the view was the smoking section, but we just waited until the smokers left for our look-see. Pool is very tiny for the size of the hotel so 1 of us only swam for a short while due to being crowded. Noise of construction of 3rd wing started at 6:50a.m. 2 mornings (we were up so really a non-issue) and 4:50a.m. on the 3rd morning and VERY loud and constant this time. Our view was facing north, could see some strip hotels and mountains as well (faced Hilton & PH on the 24th floor) Turned the fan on high to help drown that out, but didn't really help. Rooms were excellent, kitchen had most of what you'd need and ample sinks for use - used kitchen for 3 breakfasts and 3 dinners. Loved having real Kleenex and Cottonelle toilet paper products! Room was very clean, slept very well in beds. Sheets didn't fit larger sleeper sofa, but we made due. Overall, pleased and would stay here again.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom villas have awesome space