“Under massive construction that starts daily at 4:30am!”

Marriott's Grand Chateau
Ranked #6 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

We were rattled out of bed at 4:30am. We are a family of five and we had just traveled to Vegas after days in Disneyland. We were looking forward to relaxing off the Vegas strip before flying home on our last night. We are all totally exhausted and I cannot believe how we could literally wave to the construction guys out our window at the crack of dawn. My husband is a platinium member of Marriott, staying at their properties weekly and we were treated with no special regard. Infact we think they gave us the worst location based on the fact we were using our points. We will never stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013
5  Thank Roondog1964

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I had to come to Vegas for a Convention...had read the reviews and thought they HAD to be wrong about the noise in the middle of the night. In fact, I called the hotel and someone said the construction was during the day. They said they'd put me up on a high floor so I didn't hear it. I'm on 15 out of 37. Must not be high enough.

I stayed here because I thought it would be safer and quieter for a woman traveling alone - no casino...off the strip. But if you want sleep....STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE.

The noise begins at 4:30 AM. I am NOT kidding. They begin sanding the concrete on Thursday mornings at 4:30AM. The front desk said it "IS ONLY ON THURSDAY".

The evening before, my neighbor decided to wash his laundry at 3:30AM. The walls in this place must be made out of paper because I could hear his spin cycle the whole time...and it was really out of balance.

The only assistance offered me when I complained to the front desk...was ear plugs. "They're free".

I have been offered a reduced price stay to return and go through their time share plug. Will NOT be coming back.

It's a shame because this is a pretty hotel...but not one you can sleep in.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank DoubleOakDoak
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed 2 nights in a 2 bedroom suite. Check-in was seamless, as was valet parking.

Appreciated free wireless Internet, laundry, kitchen and comfy bed. Roof top pool and jacuzzi and gym rounded out our stay.

Great escape from the busy strip.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I hooked up with my sisters and niece at the Marriott Grand Chateau for a year end celebration last December. The one bedroom Apt was very spacious and came with every amenity that we would have needed, including a corner tub in the master bedroom, and a double head shower in the main bath. The kitchen was fully equipped with stove, fridge, microwave, dishwasher AND dishwashing liquid. There is also a washer/dryyer combo tucked away in a closet. The hotel is half block from the Strip, which we easily accessed through a delightful detour through Miracle Mile Shopping Mall located over the road. The hotel provided a daily shuttle to the Fashion Mall AND the grocery which we utilised a few times as the kitchen was really well equipped for cooking with a variety of utensils. In any event there is a Walgreens 150 metres away at the corner of Harmon Street and the Strip, which had good grocery options and lots of alcohol for those so inclined. I was really glad that we did not stay in a casino hotel as the peace and quiet of the Marriott was a welcome change from our smoke-filled casino hopping during the day. Took a Coach tour to the Grand Canyon which was a five hour ride each way, but well worth the trip. Absolutely stunning, even with snow! After ringing in the New Year, we went over to the Bellagio and found a most delightful piano bar on the ground floor serving fancy cocktails. My best 90 minutes in Vegas were spent in that Bar enjoying the soothing piano renditions, sipping cocktails and watching people go by. There are tons of accommodation options in Vegas, but for a party of four, the one bedroom accommodation at the Marriott Grand Chateau was the best value for us.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank sapodillabrown
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Let me first say, my family and I are hard to please. We are seasoned travelers, and if we pay the best, we expect the best. This is the best. Period. My family and I got a 2 BR/2 BA in this lovely hotel. I asked for a high floor, with a strip view, away from the construction noise. I was NOT disappointed. The view alone was worth the 200+/night alone, yet the furnishings, washer/dryer, and shower ( dual showers in master ) were the best I have ever seen. Kudos to the front desk, as well as the good security. Only a 1/2 block from the Strip, the hotel also had a shuttle to Fashion Show Mall. If you want to stray (?) in lost wages, and do not want to pay resort fees, this is hte place.

Room Tip: high floor - strip view - away from construction noise
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank biged
Reviewed March 15, 2013

After a week hiking in the Grand Canoyn, we enjoyed the luxury of this hote's 2 bedroom villa, especially the washer & dryer! We were only in Vegas for one night but would retrun to this hotel. We normally stay at a 2 bedroom suite at Airport Homewood Suites but it was booked. It was fun to be right on the strip for a change.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Had a 2 room suite at this hotel with a fantastic view. Staff were welcoming courteous and helpful. Highlight must be the rooftop bar and pool with views up and down the strip and across the desert. The location of the hotel is a 200 yard walk from the strip with Harley cafe and Planet Hollywood Towers at the junction. It is about 1/3 of the way along the strip. Bus stop along the strip is then a walk, but return stop is right outside PHT which is very convenient.
Room was very spacious and we had 2 showers, one of which was huge. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012