“Very nice property but beware.....”

Marriott's Grand Chateau
Ranked #6 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Anywhere
“Very nice property but beware.....”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stayed here for three nights while attending a conference in town. I am a loyal Marriott customer and chose to stay here rather than at the MGM Grand where the conference was.

Here's the good:

It was an easy 10 minute walk to the MGM Grand each morning. The hotel is located about half a block off the strip so everything on the strip is easily accessible. There is no restaurant on the property but there are dozens of choices within a few minute walk. The Miracle Mile Shops of Planet Hollywood are right across the street and there are several nice restaurants right on the strip including Smith & Wollensky.

The room I had was very nice, clean, and comfortable. There were ample towels and the bed linens were of high quality. There were no stains on the carpets or furniture and the halls were clean and quiet. There is ongoing construction on the site which I did not find to noticeable. This hotel does not provide an airport shuttle but the cab ride is short and not to expensive.... as long as the driver takes you direct and not the long way in an attempt to pad the fare.

The bad:

Upon arrival I presented my credit card as I always do when cheking in, it's the same card that has been attached to my profile for 6 years. When I checked out they informed me that the $100 incidentals charge would be credited back and I went on my way to the airport. Within 30 minutes of checking out I received notice from the credit card company of fraudulent activity on my card. I did not use this card anywhere else in Vegas. There were attempted online purchases that were denied and a successful charge for iPhone accesories. I immediately called the hotel and spoke to loss prevention and the front desk manager. I explained to them what happened and asked them to investigate. They kept saying the only charges on my card were for the room. I explained three times that somone had taken the card number and used it online which they still did not understand. Upon returning home I received a message from the manager basically telling me to check with my credit card company because their system is secure. The next day I called MVCI to lodge a complaint and never received a call back. It seems like it wasn't a very big deal to them. I was disappointed in the response I received from the property and the fact that I did not receive a call back from MVCI. While I will remain a loyal Marriott customer I will not stay at this property again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
13 Thank poncherello1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (894)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sydney
Reviewed February 5, 2013

When in Vegas, I actually enjoy staying at places that don't have a casino; the Marriott Grand Chateau does not, but is still within walking distance to the Strip.

We had two rooms connecting, with a huge kitchen area to share, and it was really welcoming to come back to the hotel after a long day. The beds and linens were first rate, and even though I'm not usually a fan of valet parking, the staff were very hard working and kind and efficient. Both rooms were very ample.

Great lobby, too. The pool we didn't use, but did go upstairs one night for a drink with a great view.

A great experience.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank keatos
Watertown, South Dakota
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Short walk to the Strip, excellent "in and out" car valet service, 2 bedroom rooms were great. Loved the dual shower heads. Full refrigerator, high def flat screen TVs in living room and bedrooms, washer/dryer in room. Pillows and bedding upscale. Highly recommend the Grand Chateau Marriot for a "Las Vegas Strip" experience.

Room Tip: Ask for 1 BR room with full kitchen with windows facing Las Vegas Blvd.
2 Thank Snowbirds_2_AZ
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed February 2, 2013

This was our first time at the Marriott's Grand Chateau and we really enjoyed our stay. The room was large with a kitchen and whirl pool tub. The location was awesome...only a few minute walk to the strip. There is no self parking so expect to tip when using the valet parking.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Rich594
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Just spent four nights at this great suite hotel. The ability to accommodate three couples in a triple suite made for a perfect getaway. Our accommodation was comprised of one large double suite and an attached single suite all with full size bathrooms. Both suites had full kitchens and large living rooms. Suites are exceptionally well maintained, very clean and nicely decorated.
The location is perfect, being a block off the Strip and no Casino in the hotel made for a pleasant and quiet reprieve from the dazzle and noise of main stream Vegas life during our down times. The short one block walk puts you in the heart of the newest section of the hotel/casino strip - Aria / Cosmopolitan. Can't say enough about the overall appearance and pleasant service that this facility offers. A must stay in Vegas.

2 Thank BRM1944
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed January 31, 2013

This is the 2nd time in 3 years that we have stayed here, and we really like this property. It is very clean and quiet, security is very good and it is a very short walk to the strip. The high-floor strip view rooms have a fantastic view at night. Recent upgrades since our last visit include high-quality sofa beds with an ingenious design that doesn't fold the mattress in thirds so there is no reason to fear the sofsbed here! All of the beds are very comfortable and we had plenty of nice pillows.
The shuttle service to the Fashion Show Mall is great, but we would love to see a couple more drop off locations like Caesar's Palace and the MGM GRand.

Room Tip: Ask for a high strip view floor - we had 2803-2805 and the sunset and nighttime views were phenomen...
5 Thank Katie H
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Unit is modern, furniture classy and spacious ! Near Vegas strip ! Staff very friendly and helpful ! You can find most things at the market place ! The hotel is family oriented !!! Concierge service is excellent !!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business